Oldsmobile V8 Rex

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

wannab16a

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85crxsi
Has this already been posted? I didn't see it on here, but for those of us that haven't, its worth the fanatasy......

http://www.mothers.c...ddies84CRX.html

No more handling, but I bet you could throw revs at ferrari's

DarkHand

ph34r.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif wub.gif ph34r.gif
DarkHand

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I remember that. 3 Fuel tanks, 1000 hp, estimated pass time of 9.2 seconds, top speed so far of 130... yummy.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
wOW that is sick

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That is the ultimate sleeper... and yes, it was on a thread sometime back. I believe it's owned by WILE E. COYOTE.... SUPER Genius..... biggrin.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
[rant]I'm sorry cause I hate to do this but I'm pulling the BS flag on this one. Really, would you have a car like that and have no idea what the 1/4 runs? And, can you explain to me how a stock CRX engine and tranny is going to pull the extra 2000lbs added to it? Added to the rear no less. You'd never get it up a hill. And it can no longer be called sleeper if it's got mickey thompson slicks under the rear. [/rant]

Otherwise, saweeet!
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
yeh this is an old thread and i dont think anyone has ever done a bs flag on this car so your on your own with that as far as i know smile.gif

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I find it hard to believe that mickey thompsons and an olds engine/tranny would weight that much.

HOWEVER, when you think about it, how the hell would they get a tranny in there too? Thats like half the length of the car, and then where does the driveshaft go?

It a sweet idea, but lets see some real drivetrain pics....

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
I've seen this before also. Still pretty crazy idea. If I had that car I would totally mess w/ EVERYBODY on the street-----INSTANT respect for the 1G crx from the masses..... cool.gif

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

Hotrodder II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX
QUOTE (Rampage @ Mar 18 2004, 06:27 PM)
HOWEVER, when you think about it, how the hell would they get a tranny in there too?  Thats like half the length of the car, and then where does the driveshaft go?

The tranny would be from one of GM's 70's front wheel drive big cars, Caddy Eldorado, Buick Riviera, Oldsmobile Toronado. You see it alot in mid engine kitcars and assorted rear engine swaps.

nivek2002

QUOTE (Hotrodder II @ Mar 18 2004, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rampage @ Mar 18 2004, 06:27 PM)
HOWEVER, when you think about it, how the hell would they get a tranny in there too?  Thats like half the length of the car, and then where does the driveshaft go?

The tranny would be from one of GM's 70's front wheel drive big cars, Caddy Eldorado, Buick Riviera, Oldsmobile Toronado. You see it alot in mid engine kitcars and assorted rear engine swaps.

yeah, its what they use in Porsche and VW V8 conversions

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just think when he turns on the v-8 at a light because 1000 horse power is going to be Fu*king LOUD ppl would be like whats that and look right past the little rex but then...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
One thing is that ud have to drive with the windows down at all times & im sure its loud as a bitch in that car...not to mention the fumes....

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am sure he would have to have a dual firewall in there or something. I am not brave (or stupid) enough to sit with 1000hp mere feet away from me with no seperation....

And though that car would smoke anything, Its not going to get us any more respect: The performance is acheived with extensive modification and a domestic motor....

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
And though that car would smoke anything, Its not going to get us any more respect: The performance is acheived with extensive modification and a domestic motor....

Dude,
SURE it will. The loser doesn't need to know what's under the hood (or in this case, what's IN the hatch wink.gif )
All they will remember is that blur of "CRX" on the rear center garnish... laugh.gif

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member