1g Sun Visors

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

I would like to find a really nice set of visors for the CRX. I have an experiment in mind and need a nice set. No sagging, no rips or tears. I know you racing guys ain't using yours. PM me if you have a nice set (of visors).

BTW, are the sedan and hatch visors the same as the rex? Need to know.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

unsure.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
I probably have an extra set. I'll have to find them but they will be your standard collapsed in type you find in every car. They never did hold up very well. If that suits you I will hunt them down. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I happen to have two sets. One with the metal mounting hardware (greyish color) and a beige/cream set with no metal inserts. The grey ones are longer so I don't know if they were from a CRX or Civic. JS

aan.jpg

Apexed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 MR2 Turbo, 05 Subaru STi, 86 Honda CRX Si (Race)
I may also have a set, they are dirty but I can send you some pictures if you would like.

Justin

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (strudel @ Aug 1 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I happen to have two sets. One with the metal mounting hardware (greyish color) and a beige/cream set with no metal inserts. The grey ones are longer so I don't know if they were from a CRX or Civic. JS

I would prefer a complete set (with hardware) to assist in my experiment. As far as the longer ones, I have still yet to determine if 1G visors are the same as 3G visors. That is also part of the experiment. I do know the 4G are longer than the 3G though.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (Apexed @ Aug 1 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may also have a set, they are dirty but I can send you some pictures if you would like.

Justin

Dirty is okay, but I do need a set that aren't sagged real bad (or at all), not ripped either. Send pics.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I don't know if these suit your needs. Turns out the grey ones are for the CRX. The beige ones are shorter and the visor clip is in a different spot. Must of been something I wanted to try. They are the standard feel and shape of all the ones I have seen. Not rock solid like the newer cars. JS

aan.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Bump unsure.gif

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I take it "Bump" means you are not interested? JS

aan.jpg

Apexed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 MR2 Turbo, 05 Subaru STi, 86 Honda CRX Si (Race)
Sarge the set I have are in no better condition as the ones that strudel has shown.

Edited by Apexed, 05 August 2008 - 10:12 PM.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (strudel @ Aug 5 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it "Bump" means you are not interested? JS

Okay. Nowww I see them. The main work computer blocks photobucket for some reason. I switched computers and now can see the pics. I will let you know. One looks better than the other. I may end up buying 2 different visors from 2 different members to get a nice set. I'm still shopping around. LOL

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (Apexed @ Aug 5 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sarge the set I have are in no better condition as the ones that strudel has shown.

Post pics please.

Sgt. Pepper

General Visor Question#1: Are the left and right sides the same? (ie. size and shape)

General Visor Question #2: Are the 3G the same as the 1G? (Can I use them from a hatch/sedan)

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Aug 5 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
General Visor Question#1: Are the left and right sides the same? (ie. size and shape)

They are identical. The metal arm swivels so that they work on either side or so it seems. I just held them in my hand and the attachment point works either way.
Visor Question #2: Are the 3G the same as the 1G? (Can I use them from a hatch/sedan)

I don't know the answer to this. The other set I have is shorter and the gap that snaps into the unit on the ceiling is farther in than these. JS

aan.jpg