Importing

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Has anyone imported a JDM/EDM 1G CRX or 3G Civic into the US yet?

I'm pretty sure they are legal now. Would be nice to have a 85 CRX Si with a ZedC. ph34r.gif
2nd gen driver...1st gen lover...

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxgator @ May 21 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone imported a JDM/EDM 1G CRX or 3G Civic into the US yet?

I'm pretty sure they are legal now. Would be nice to have a 85 CRX Si with a ZedC. ph34r.gif

A JDM Mugen CRX was imported about two years ago into Califronia by a company that brings in a lot of cars from Japan. Keep you eye on Yahoo Auctions Japan, interesting stuff turns up every so often.

I would think that the hassles of bringing over a single car for a private individual would make that a rather large task. If you really want a D16 in a CRX, it is easy enough to drop one in yourself (or have your lcoal shop do it).

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ May 21 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A JDM Mugen CRX was imported about two years ago into Califronia by a company that brings in a lot of cars from Japan. Keep you eye on Yahoo Auctions Japan, interesting stuff turns up every so often.

I would think that the hassles of bringing over a single car for a private individual would make that a rather large task. If you really want a D16 in a CRX, it is easy enough to drop one in yourself (or have your lcoal shop do it).

Scott

but the problem is finding a decent shell to begin with, especially in the Northeast.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
That's certainly the truth. Its damn near impossible to find ANY first gens, and if I can find them then they are swiss cheese! Blech, its a bad time and location to be in the first gen CRX business.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I whistle. So does scott, and most people in the south and in Arizona/New Mexico
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Um?!?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
If you are regular on RPR you will know that recently at least two darn-near-perfect 1st Gen shells have gone begging for someone to haul them away... FOR FREE.

If anyone is serious about finding a decent old car of any persusasion come to the warm, dry southwest.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I think the Mugen CR-X was imported by N1 Concepts. You would also want to try Japan yahoo if you can find a seller to deal with you and find a way to get it to a US Port for you to pick up. If I had to import one, here in MD after 20 years cars don't need to be inspected. So, I, would get a VIN plates, some double sided tape and put them over the JDM plates. In the case a cop checks, most won't try to pull the plate just read the numbers. But you'll still be able to retain the originality of the original by keeping the VIN plates. Not legal, I know. But since government isn't perfect, and makes things more difficult for us and requires bribery and fees, I say one over them. Just keep the paper work at home with copies in your glovebox in case there is a problem and you can prove it isn't stolen. I would love a real JDM CR-X, but don't have the time or money for it so I am cloning one. I don't see CRXs becoming like old muscle cars at auctions or shows so I am not too worried about authenticity, just overall theme and appearance. It's kinda easy to pull one over on the system if you know the know what you're required to do. Except in Cali, most states overlook our cars. My car used to hit the emmisions dyno with the ZC and passed, and NEVER got even looked at. Check to see what vehicle regulations are for your state. Buy a same year junked CRX part it out and keep the dash, door jam, and radiator support plates. Put some smooth tape over the number on the firewall, and spray it with some body colored paint, then smear a thin layer of oil over it to absorb dirt to age it. Just my $.02 since the govt makes you jump thru hoops for everything. Just go around the hoop.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ May 22 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Mugen CR-X was imported by N1 Concepts. You would also want to try Japan yahoo if you can find a seller to deal with you and find a way to get it to a US Port for you to pick up. If I had to import one, here in MD after 20 years cars don't need to be inspected. So, I, would get a VIN plates, some double sided tape and put them over the JDM plates. In the case a cop checks, most won't try to pull the plate just read the numbers. But you'll still be able to retain the originality of the original by keeping the VIN plates. Not legal, I know. But since government isn't perfect, and makes things more difficult for us and requires bribery and fees, I say one over them. Just keep the paper work at home with copies in your glovebox in case there is a problem and you can prove it isn't stolen. I would love a real JDM CR-X, but don't have the time or money for it so I am cloning one. I don't see CRXs becoming like old muscle cars at auctions or shows so I am not too worried about authenticity, just overall theme and appearance. It's kinda easy to pull one over on the system if you know the know what you're required to do. Except in Cali, most states overlook our cars. My car used to hit the emmisions dyno with the ZC and passed, and NEVER got even looked at. Check to see what vehicle regulations are for your state. Buy a same year junked CRX part it out and keep the dash, door jam, and radiator support plates. Put some smooth tape over the number on the firewall, and spray it with some body colored paint, then smear a thin layer of oil over it to absorb dirt to age it. Just my $.02 since the govt makes you jump thru hoops for everything. Just go around the hoop.

instead of doing that illegal, i am pretty sure that the EA can be imported legally since it's over the age of 25. So all you would really have to do is have it shipped to your nearest port. Plus I think they are a lot cheaper in Japan, so it may be worth it. You could probably get a stock one with ZC for $4k shipped.

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ May 22 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy a same year junked CRX part it out and keep the dash, door jam, and radiator support plates. Put some smooth tape over the number on the firewall, and spray it with some body colored paint, then smear a thin layer of oil over it to absorb dirt to age it. Just my $.02 since the govt makes you jump thru hoops for everything. Just go around the hoop.

Thats a felony and a good way to put yourself in jail, fined and your car impounded for good. Not very smart recomending that to another member. ohmy.gif These cars are older and easier to pass importing inspections, do it the legal way or dont bother.

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

ChrisF-dude