Wideband O2

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

Dan-O

Cool! My wideband showed up today.
I got it for $105 plus the cost of a 5 wire oxygen sensor.
I have less than $200 into my wideband.

Here's the company on ebay

I went to their websight and found a controller with LCD display for cheap!

Thought I'd pass it on.
Here's their sight.

It's a company that makes Harley stuff, but a wideband is a wideband.
smile.gif
I'll be tuning my 'rex this weekend.

NiMi1718

what do these things do anyway
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Dan-O

Here's a good article

It talks of a Bosch sensor but the NTK sensor works the same.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Does this provide an output that can be fed to the ECU? From the look of it, it doesn't. How'd you do it for less than $200? I'm tempted to snipe that one...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
I'm going to have to go up there and check these guys out. So. Daytona is less than thirty minutes away. I already have a WB Bosch O2 sensor and I think I can figure out how to get it to work with their unit. That's if they'd be willing to sell one without the O2 sensor

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

armegedon667

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
They keep getting cheaper as more and more people enter the market. There is only say $20 in parts to build the controller and it just gets cheaper with more production so no surprise there. I have a PLX M300. I got it for $329 a while back with the Bosch sensor which is a very economical way to go long term. Sensor accuracy degrades rather quickly when you tune for the peak power as the soot affects things so a cheaper and widely available sesnor is the way to go.

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
yea its does provide useable output, but youll need some kind of circut to scale down the voltage, ive been reading alot on the wiki.... http://www.pgmfi.org...rary/WideBandO2

"The second method is more complicated, but it is more desirable for someone like myself that uses the wideband portably to tune different cars. You remove the stock O2 sensor unit, and put the wideband sensor in it's place. Then you feed a narrowband output off of your wideband O2 sensor controller to satisfy the ecu. (The narrowband output off the wideband controller, is just the wideband info scaled down to 0-1volts.) For ease of instalation, you can have an OBD1 -OBD1 "conversion/crossover" harness, instead of splicing into the customer chassis harness. Academically there may be a problem here, because when you are done tuning, and return the car to running off of the stock narrowband sensor, there might be slight inconsistencies. More research/opinion is needed on this."

sean

Edited by rexsk8er, 05 August 2004 - 10:22 PM.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Very nice, thats an absolutely crazy cheap price!

I think for now, because I am not tuning anything crazy, I will just pick up a narrow band, I could get that and a nice Autometer guage for about $80CAD.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
let us know how tht sensor works out for you....I'm a fan of the innovate unit
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

Dan-O

The control unit with the LCD display was $105 shipped.
I have an assembled DIY-Wideband that I still haven't tested it. The display that I was going to buy was more money than than I bought this control and display together with a warranty.

It uses a Honda NTK sensor, I bought mine through here in the classifieds.
They do make a Bosch unit as well but it's big money.

The unit has a 0-5volt output for data logging. There is a convertor, but I haven't found it yet. I'm running two sensors.
BTW, The fitting for our O2 sensors is 18mmx1.5

Cheap data logging you ask? Is this cheap enough?

Dan-O

Wow.
My last post was my 1000th.

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
Congrats on the grand, I'm slowly creeping up on 500.

So they sold you the unit without the O2 sensor for $105? I missed that when I looked at their site. I'll have to go check again.

FWIW, I've found that you can use those spark plug anti-foul devices as O2 bungs. They real cheap and you get two in a pack at the parts store. Just make sure you get the ones with the correct thread that Dan mentioned.

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Dan-O

Yup, $105 shipped with no NTK (Honda) sensor.

I grabbed a couple O2 bungs from some exhaust systems at the dealership I work at before they were scrapped.

Edited by Dan-O, 06 August 2004 - 02:43 PM.

DarkHand

For US$138 (at current exchange rates, its an australian product), you can get the do-it yourself wideband kit from wbo2.com.

Shows AFR and lambda, built in 3-source logging, it creates its own narrowband signal that it feeds to the ECU, and best of all it uses the Bosch LSU4 wideband O2 sensor that only costs $30
It's the do-it yourself kit so you've got to do a little soldering, but so what. smile.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 06 August 2004 - 04:05 PM.

DarkHand

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
That is a good price, but I have heard that the guy that runs Tech Edge is a real jerk, apparently he stole the original design from a DIY-WB forum much like the one that supports Megasquirt. Also I have heard that support is difficult to get for it. One guy that used one of the 1.0 units said that it was slow to respond and couldn't be used for tuning unless you gave it a long pull through third gear or something, don't know if the newer models are any better. Again, all of this is hearsay but I thought it was relevant.

The PLX and Innovate have been getting good reviews, I will probably get one of them sooner or later.

Grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".