Arrgh! I Want These Wheels!

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
SSR reverse offset mesh wheels

I saw them on a widebody Miata in a magazine a while back. I think they would look b@d @ss on my car.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
The page pops up to some mugen cf-48's. Those will fit without drilling.
twitter: @lylehatton

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
Umm did you look at the little pic of his car?? He doesn't have the stock 4X100 lug pattern any more.. smile.gif

Edited by Hollowman, 24 March 2005 - 03:23 AM.

RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic SI racecar, and 86 Civic DX
If I am correct you have the GM bolt pattern which is 5:4.5 and thats the same as an accord which are 5:114.3mm so if you can find those wheels in that pattern they would bolt up but the problem comes from the center hub as it will be to big for the center of any jap wheel but this depends on what car the wheels came off of.

I will see if I can find some more info for you.
There's people that dont know and people that don't know they don't KNOW!!

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ok I looked at the wheels you are talking about and they will bolt up and the offset should work good on your car but the two things that worry me is the center bore diamatour may be too small and calliper clearence. Its worth a try and if they did not work you can sell them and would not loose any money.

If it was my car I would try it but thats up to you. Hope this helps.

Also you could meashure your clearnces and call them to get the measurements of those wheels to make shure they would work? Just a thought.

Edited by zackspeed, 24 March 2005 - 11:25 AM.

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
Sorry, link fixed I think.

The wheels are 5x4.5, but my car is 5x4.75. sad.gif If the center bore were too small, I could theoretically have them machined out to fit. Brake clearance should be sufficient. Ideally I would like 15x8s for the rear, and a touch more offset. My Enkeis are +30 in the rear.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
If I am correct you have the GM bolt pattern which is 5:4.5 and thats the same as an accord which are 5:114.3mm
Honda, Ford, and Nissan use 5x114.3, but GM's 5 lug stuff is all over the place- Cavaliers & some other small cars are 5x100, Grand Ams and other midsize FWD cars are 5x114.3, and most of the RWD stuff (Corvettes, F-bodies, S-10's) are 5x120.

I can't think of many sources for wide, short Corvette wheels, though sad.gif.

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ok that sheds some more light and you say you need a +30 for the rear but what about the front?

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
SSR can custom make you a set of wheels.. and sense they are re-making that design, you can get them made for your car. dunno where though..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (c25ahatch @ Mar 24 2005, 08:29 AM)
Sorry, link fixed I think. 

The wheels are 5x4.5, but my car is 5x4.75.  sad.gif  If the center bore were too small, I could theoretically have them machined out to fit.  Brake clearance should be sufficient.  Ideally I would like 15x8s for the rear, and a touch more offset.  My Enkeis are +30 in the rear.

Now that makes more sense... biggrin.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
The fronts are +10. The +7's would be fine I think. If they are remaking them, does anyone know if they will be sold in the US?

Vandemar, you hit the nail on the head (though technically 4.75=120.7mm. BMW's are 5x120 wink.gif ). Unless I want Cragar "coke bottles" I have very few options. The only others I have found that appeal to me at all are these;

I can't even get Panasports. The only thing they could do is custom made magnesium (sp?) race only wheels that they say are not good for street use.

The biggest problem with redrilling the hubs and rotors would be that my Enkeis would then not fit. Grrr. I will figure something out.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

the torque thrusts on my brother's 71 camaro would fit perfect! right offset and everything i think I still say you try on some of those newer GMC sanoma wheels they look soo clean ooooooo how do you like those 10 spoke last model camaro SS wheels? i think those are worth a try if you could test fit for a look...damn im all excited now...
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Vandemar

• PipPipPip
I kind of doubt that there's room for 17x9's anywhere on that car- it's still (mostly) a 3G, and that's still going to matter when determining tire diameter. ZQ8 S10 wheels (the '01+ ones are fairly attractive 5 spokes) are 16x8, and might work.

Maybe look to 3rd-gen (mullet) Camaro/Firebird wheels, I believe the GTA Firebirds got 16x8" black mesh/polished lip wheels. The offset might be a bit low, but spacers could probably make up the difference for street use.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
if u read that build up on his car i think it said something about it having totally diff front suspension? anyways with the right wheel and slight mods it will work ask airgasm but those 10 spokes are to kill for, no joke. but thats kinda a high profile look. i wish had a pic of those sanoma wheels and i think they are sanoma specific not on s10's
and i think ur on to something with the old mesh GTA wheels!
hey hey now dont crack on the mullet cars... the 71 camaro came with Iroc's and man did I rock with those wheels actually looked kinda good i might have a couple pics in my photo gallery of em on the 'maro at the track
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Vandemar

• PipPipPip
if u read that build up on his car i think it said something about it having totally diff front suspension? anyways with the right wheel and slight mods it will work ask airgasm but those 10 spokes are to kill for, no joke.
I'm not worried about whether 17" wheels will fit or not- it's a width, tire diameter, and offset issue. 275's definitely won't fit up front, and will probably be a very tight squeeze on the back end (stock tires for the Camaro SS were 275/40-17, which is about 3.5" taller than a stock Civic tire). 245/35-17's are probably the smallest tire that'll fit on the 17x9" SS wheels, and at 23.8" tall, might even fit in the Civic's fender wells.

I have nothing against the 3rd gen F-bodies, but it's a tossup between the 2nd gens & IROC's for the title of "biggest mullet car ever" laugh.gif.