B Series Crx's Post Your 1/4 Mile Times

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

b16_destroyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si with entire 95 Integra wiring & drivetrain
Just curious to see who else out there has done the impossible of chucking any B series engine in to your 1st gen.

I have a B18B1 with all OBD1 Integra wiring
8 pound flywheel
YS-1 GSR tranny
8 AN stainless fuel line
AEM fuel rail
Aeromotive fuel regulator and filter
Bosche 405lph fuel pump
MSD Blaster 2 coil
Intake and Exhaust
Fully gutted interior
8 gauges mounted in dashboard

Have an entire custom turbo kit, just saving the money for HONDATA.

I have beaten a JDM B16 SiR2 Civic VX with head work and an excellent driver, 2000 Civic Si, 02 Civic Si, pretty much anything stock on the street. Haven't raced any DSM's yet...but soon...very soon. laugh.gif MUUUUHAAAHAAHA laugh.gif
I pick on drivers, taunt them to race, and then beat them. MUUUUHAAAAHAA!

CRXdan

areyou the guy on cardomain? is your crx orange?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

crx pat

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si
QUOTE (b16_destroyer @ Jul 16 2003, 04:52 PM)
I have beaten a JDM B16 SiR2 Civic VX with head work and an excellent driver, 2000 Civic Si, 02 Civic Si, pretty much anything stock on the street.

The B16 EG is the only thing I'd brag about. You shouldn't have wasted your time with the other two. That B16 EG was probably a mid to high 14 second car, so that sounds about on par. BTW, street racing is bad.

I'd give you my times if I had any, but my car isn't really a straight line car.

Edited by crx pat, 16 July 2003 - 05:22 PM.

B16A powered 85 CRX Si - RIP
89 Civic DX Hatchback - new project

CRXdan

maybe he didnt street race and did this on athe track.
assuming is not always the best thing! biggrin.gif
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

b16_destroyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
My car is an eye sore. Hated by the community and banned from car shows. The it came black but when I bought it the guy put on a charcoal gray Factobake paint job which lasted a few months. Now I have been in the process of painting my car for 3 years. I have sanded off the stripes which were painted over and with all the rain going on down here (Louisiana) I have rust rally stripes going up the sides.

My hood flew up on me a while back so now I have a certifit hood primed oxid red. My rear Si hatch rear window shattered from the heat one year so now I have a red DX rear hatch with holes in it from a wing. I removed front lip which always cracks to make my car look even worst.

I know you might think I am crazy but we have alot of Vietnemese guys out here that go around stealing engines out of your car from in front of your driveway. The more stock and unappealing your car looks, the less attention you get from cops and thieves. It also makes for a great sleeper look. wink.gif

Oh yeah, the guys B16 was the faster one that you mentioned because he said it came with 178hp or something like that. tongue.gif

crx pat

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si
QUOTE (b16_destroyer @ Jul 16 2003, 05:36 PM)
Oh yeah, the guys B16 was the faster one that you mentioned because he said it came with 178hp or something like that. tongue.gif

BS, theres no way he made 178 whp with just headwork.
B16A powered 85 CRX Si - RIP
89 Civic DX Hatchback - new project

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
That would be the engine I have then. It is rated at 168-170 flywheel hp.
I have added a short ram intake, 4-1 header and high flow cat, with 2.25 inch exhaust. A VAFC is also there but with the mods, wont do much.
I have run a best of 14.3 with lots of wheel spin.
August 8 is the next street legal night at our local track, so I hope to run and improve that to a 13.7ish time.
Lyle
twitter: @lylehatton

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
maybe a b16 w/b17 crank and head work and cams i/h/e

b16_destroyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
That's it, he had the B16A2. Dude your car must be hella fast because mine is quick and I am only working with 142hp, engine HP that is. wink.gif

Probably with all the rest of my mods I am probably making 150hp to the flywheel.

How do you launch because I can't launch in 1st gear from a stop or a roll. If I take off from idle, once it gets to 5000rpms it just blows the tires off. I have to race from a 2nd gear roll. dry.gif

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
What kind and size of tires are you using. I have 205/50/15 and they have lots of grip. At the strip, I have run slicks and street tires. On slicks I launch at 7500-8000 rpm with full clutch drop. (Kind of scary). On street tires, 3500 ish seems about right. I have very little torque compared to the 1.8 liter engine though and it's all up high in the rpm's.
Yes, my car is quick. The only problem is that my friends have waaay quicker car's than I do, so it never ends. You will always want more biggrin.gif
twitter: @lylehatton

rjay8604

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 civic dx, bored & stroked b16 on the way.
sorry to be off topic but you guys have b series and thats who i need. Irecently picked an 2nd gen crx speedo with the VSS. my old si speedo was identical excluding the VSS but my si speedo has a little photo sensor and a black wheel that measure off of not the cable but the the speedo's needle angle. if you guys can tell if i need this or if i can just swap out to the vss equipped speedo and just leave that other sensor unhooked. thanks a lot. PS soon i will post my b16 time once i get it in.

87spooncivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
WHAT UP!
B16 and B18's are great but,
D16A1 for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o.k., back to topic My uncle sold his 85si rex with B16 swap
At track with slicks he ran 13.79! (on best day)
I wanted to buy it but, at time did'nt have $4,000 cash.

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
It has been more than two weeks since I finished my project, A B16A on my 87 CRX Dx.

Haven’t took it to the track yet but a couple of weeks ago I went to the Ponce International Speedway here in Puerto Rico and I saw some 1G CRX and 3G Civics all Hybrid, their times were ranging from 14.7 to 12.5 all street cars.

Last week I raced with a 2G CRX with a ZC and an Eagle Talon and smoked both biggrin.gif . The guy of the talon said that his car was doing 14.2 at the 1/4 mile track just days before, so I expect times around that when I test my car. Sorry guys street racing is bad, but have to test my car rolleyes.gif . Here in Puerto Rico cops are everywhere giving tickets, but people always find a good site to make street races, cant blame them, lots of modified sports compact in the street these days
biggrin.gif
87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image

87spooncivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
How much $money$ did that swap cost you?
Any mods on B16?

skroob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
b16a1
stock everything except
std ctr pistons/stock rods
short ram intake
14'' w/azenis

14.2@97mph