• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

chadm_88

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '85 Civic Hatch 1.3L
    • Image Gallery
I just got a new set of wheels for my civic (pics later) and they are 16's. Are there any adjustments as far as suspension goes that I am going to have to make? I THINK they are 8" wide and barely clear the shocks in front, but I can turn the wheel fully both ways with no problems.

Also, since the tires are so low profile, they actually sit shorter than my stock wheels, but only by like half an inch, so should I worry about the speedo being off much?

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chadm_88 @ Sep 24 2006, 08:19 AM)
I just got a new set of wheels for my civic (pics later)  and they are 16's.  Are there any adjustments as far as suspension goes that I am going to have to make?  I THINK they are 8" wide and barely clear the shocks in front, but I can turn the wheel fully both ways with no problems.

Also, since the tires are so low profile, they actually sit shorter than my stock wheels, but only by like half an inch, so should I worry about the speedo being off much?

If they are 16x8 you will have MAJOR rubbing issues while driving... what size are the tires??

chadm_88

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
Rubbing the fender?

205/40

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (chadm_88 @ Sep 24 2006, 02:27 PM)
Rubbing the fender? 

205/40

is your car lowered ???? if so id say yeah my 16s are 16x7.5 and mine rub a little lock to lock but fine other whise and im lowered well i was dry.gif laugh.gif and for the speedo thing no you have to be really big to have your speedo change at one time i had tracker tires on my malibu and my speed never changed a bit and i have 4 inch side walls on those tires laugh.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 24 September 2006 - 06:21 PM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

chadm_88

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
I'm not lowered yet, but I plan to because my car looks ridiculous now...I put the wheels on and turned the steering wheel both ways all the way and never had a problem, will it hurt once I lower it? I don't plan on drifting [too much] so should it really be a problem?

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
with 205/50's it wont effect your speedo much at all, about 1 1/2 mph if you're going 60 mph, and odds are your speedo's out of calibration more than that anyways, i'd be more concerned with it harming your stopping distance a bit, but you can toss some teggy front brakes on there and you'll be golden.
for rubbing i'm gonna guess that unless you've upgraded the rear suspension you'll rub on the drivers side fender lip, you can pull off that sandwiched plastic./metal thing to gain some more space, and roll the lip some more to gain some more

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chadm_88 @ Sep 25 2006, 08:26 AM)
I don't plan on drifting [too much] so should it really be a problem?

huh.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Oct 19 2006, 07:19 AM)

My thoughts exactly.
No power . . . no weight

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
how the hell do you "drift" in a fwd car?

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
You mena like this? >_< Personaly I don't see why you'd want to, and having 16x8 rims will make this very reckless.

FWD "drifting" is done with grippy tires up front, and overinflated spares or winter tires in the rear. Kind of like this.

But I think chadm_88 was being sarcastic wink.gif (At least I hope he was...)

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
dry.gif
QUOTE (chadm_88 @ Sep 25 2006, 05:26 AM)
I'm not lowered yet, but I plan to because my car looks ridiculous now...I put the wheels on and turned the steering wheel both ways all the way and never had a problem, will it hurt once I lower it?  I don't plan on drifting [too much] so should it really be a problem?

SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
may wanna have a alignment done....you dont wanna eat up new tires smile.gif

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
no i know how to drift a fwd, i've seen it before, but you can't do well with ours. you need to be able to play with the rear toe waaaay too much.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

chadm_88

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Oct 19 2006, 12:37 PM)
But I think chadm_88 was being sarcastic wink.gif (At least I hope he was...)

Uh, yeah, I was definately kidding. I just wanted to know if this setup is going to be ok for just regular driving. I'm not going to be drifting or racing or anything.

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (chadm_88 @ Sep 24 2006, 08:19 AM)
I just got a new set of wheels for my civic (pics later)  and they are 16's.  Are there any adjustments as far as suspension goes that I am going to have to make? 

Adjustments? Yeah-- make your wheels 2" inches narrower and shorter. biggrin.gif

Did you confirm that they are 8" wide? 16x8 . . . geez, that is huge. That's Camaro/Firebird territory.

Let us know how it's going.

Mike
No power . . . no weight