Help!

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

NiMi1718

my car died on me this weekend, is stalled out after i ahd been driving it all day i went to go somewhere and it stalled out luckly i cranked up long enough to make it back home block away (lucky),it would crank up and die,over and over again till it would not carnk at all. anyway it wasnt a gas problem my pump and injectors are staying on in the on position of the key and flooding the the cylinders tried a new igniter cleaned and tested my crank angle sensor put a new injector resistor box on along with map sensor and idle mixture sensor and all to no luck it just turns over and floods the distrubutor is getting power but not putting any out. im thing maybe the ecu went haywire but the pgmfi light doesnt stay on. any help much appreciated and if it is the ecu i need to buy one thanks.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I am willing to bet that your ignition switch has gone bad (this is fairly common).

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

NiMi1718

i replaced it not to long ago could that still be the problem with all those symptoms?
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (NiMi1718 @ May 7 2006, 05:51 PM)
i replaced it not to long ago could that still be the problem with all those symptoms?

Does the car start up right now? Does it fuck up after driving it for a little while?
If so...clogged cat.,

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

NiMi1718

i have no cat and it wont crank now
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
QUOTE (NiMi1718 @ May 7 2006, 07:51 PM)

If you got the switch from the wrecking yard - yeah, could be the switch. (I'm on 'new' switch #3 (208,000 miles).

But, if you are getting power to the dizzy and the fuel pump is pumping, I suspect the ignition switch is working. You said you changed the ignitor - how about the coil? If I remember correctly, the shop manual lists resistance checks to make on the coil windings to verify it is good. Try that.

Edited by myheadhertz, 07 May 2006 - 08:05 PM.

NiMi1718

well i spaced the coil wire from coil about an inch and it arched. thats why im so lost on whats wrong.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

NiMi1718

the only reason to hot wire it would be if it would not turn over with the key.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
hey nick, the ECU is on the porch. I'm goin to bed, so let me know what you find out. I'll log on when I wake up this afternoon. good luck!

and don't fry my shit! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by oldschoolimport, 08 May 2006 - 07:05 AM.

wes g.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
When you say thaqt the injectors just stay open and flood the cylinders, how are you verifying that?

How many miles on the motor? Have you run a compression test (I realize that it would be cold, but it is another thing to look at)

Have you verfied the cam/crank timing? e.g., did you slip a tooth on the timing belt? Have you verified the ignition timing?

Kirk

NiMi1718

thanks wes but its not the ecu so thats another thing eliminated
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

NiMi1718

the timing on it is great brand new belt and waterpump about 20,000 miles ago and engine rebuilt at about 10,000,compression is great and the reason about the injectors im not sure there staying open but my pump just keeps running in the on posistion of the key and you can smell the gas bad and the spark plugs are wet.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hmmm, clogged/dirty injectors. When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The technical name for this condition is: FUBAR
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

NiMi1718

tried new coil and button and ecu still nothing maybe somthing else next weekend gonna get a dizzy and try that thanks for all the input and if any more ideas pop up feel free to share cause im fed up with it.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image