Important Trick - Locked Keys In Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 93 civic coupe and Si hatch, 07 Dodge Megacab dually 3500 Cummins Turbo diesel truck, 75 chevy blazer, 79 Chevy Truck, 59 Ford Fairlane 85 Chevrolet Camaro.
    • Image Gallery
This was an e-mail I had gotten.

This Really works. Tried it on my girlfriends Prelude last night. Just hold the Key fob close to the phone and hold the unlock button. Have the other person stand close to the car and be silent. I couldn't believe it. If I held the Key fob away from the phone it wouldn't work. 86dx..

Subject: Fw: IMPORTANT TRICK - LOCKED KEYS IN

This is very interesting!!!!!---and great to know!!
Subject: Locked keys in car?
Important Information that could be useful some day!

Locked your keys in your car ???? Did you know this??
If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home,call someone on your (or someone else's) cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the
other person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker), holding it near the phone on their end. Your car doors will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object you could be hundreds of miles away, and if
you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk!).

Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our
car over a cell phone!)

Mike's Note * I locked the car had my youngest daughter call me
while I was far away from the car. I clicked open into the phone and I could hear the car doors unlock through her cell phone. My daughter confirmed that sure enough the doors opened.

Pass this one on to your friends
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

<---- Me Being Sniped by CHRISFDUDE on EBAY!! HAHAHA

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I tried it nothing, both my cars my expedition AND my crx..nothing..

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Don't let locdoc see this post, he may rant at you for it. j/k smile.gif

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '06 350Z '99 Integra LS '92 Prelude Si
    • Image Gallery
i guess since i don't have power locks or a remote that trying this would be futile...

ex-SportInjectedClub

carphreak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 honda civic sedan, 2006 nissan frontier, 2004 nissan xterra, 1994 nissan pathfinder
i have read this on another forum once. they were saying that remote transmitters generally use rf frequency or something like that and that cellphones run on a different wavelength therefore it would be impossible to try and send car alarm signals via cellphones......

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 civic coupe and Si hatch, 07 Dodge Megacab dually 3500 Cummins Turbo diesel truck, 75 chevy blazer, 79 Chevy Truck, 59 Ford Fairlane 85 Chevrolet Camaro.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (carphreak @ Sep 6 2006, 11:56 AM)
i have read this on another forum once. they were saying that remote transmitters generally use rf frequency or something like that and that cellphones run on a different wavelength therefore it would be impossible to try and send car alarm signals via cellphones......

I posted this on another forum that I use for my truck apparently Snopes says it dosen't work. I tried it last night and it worked on my girlfriends Car. I tried it be fore I called her and it didn't unlock untill I called her and tried it. I don't know might just be a freak thing.

Heres the snopes link
http://www.snopes.co...hno/keyless.asp
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

DarkHand

Unless that particular keyfob used ultrasonic frequencies that both cellphones happened to be able to pick up and reproduce, I don't see how this could work.
DarkHand

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Sep 6 2006, 12:13 PM)
Unless that particular keyfob used ultrasonic frequencies that both cellphones happened to be able to pick up and reproduce, I don't see how this could work.

Agree, and also, I don't think cell phone audio is good enough to reproduce ultrasonic frequencies.

I can see where holding a cellphone near the door electronics could confuse the car security system and possibly unlock the doors. Someone that was able to unlock using the remote method please try this - have the person on the other end of the phone do nothing but talk, while you hold the phone near the car door and see if that opens the doors.

Edited by myheadhertz, 06 September 2006 - 01:01 PM.

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Sep 6 2006, 02:00 PM)
Agree, and also, I don't think cell phone audio is good enough to reproduce ultrasonic frequencies.

I can see where holding a cellphone near the door electronics could confuse the car security system and possibly  unlock the doors. Someone that was able to unlock using the remote method please try this - have the person on the other end of the phone do nothing but talk, while you hold the phone near the car door and see if that opens the doors.

Have the other person say "Open says a me"

DarkHand

QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Sep 6 2006, 12:00 PM)
I can see where holding a cellphone near the door electronics could confuse the car security system and possibly  unlock the doors.

That's most likely the cause. Many 3G phones transmit so powerfully that they can interfere with other electronic devices... My desk phone at work goes crazy just before I get a call on my cell phone whenever it's nearby. There's also a video online somewhere where a computer in a store is constantly reset whenever the guy makes a call and puts his phone near the computer. smile.gif
DarkHand

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
this absolutely does not work i tried it on many cars today LOL,cell phone, and cordless,and corded all nothing!! MYTH BUSTED

also if it works for keys it should work for garage door openers too then right??? c'mon, I think its called ONSTAR that does it... maybe you just got mixed up..

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
An easier solution is to carry an extra key in your wallet. wink.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
I hate when I lock my keys outside my car. . .

user posted image

hawk86

• ah rice is good.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 nissan 300 ZX, 85 crx hf, bagged 94 s-10
    • Image Gallery
rexes are so easy to get into its rediculous
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27167

NO kittie thats my pot pie! NO kittie......Mom kitties bein a dildo.......well i know a certain kittie thats sleepin with mommy tonight..

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (hawk86 @ Sep 6 2006, 12:33 PM)
rexes are so easy to get into its rediculous

uhhhh i dont think the topic is about crx's
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation