Crx Mk1: "daily" Driver

• You cannot reply to this topic
138 replies to this topic

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
So here it's my first post in this forum, been reading it a while now and learn lots of new things...
I'm Emil from Slovenia,EUROPE (my site: hondaaddict.com)
I wanted to buy mk1 for my daily driven car since I already have real project car mk2 in making (real money taker)
So I bought one CRX in here in my country where there's only ONE CRX mk1 still street legal, I got mine in some garage all
covered in trash, so long story short, car was rusted beyond repairing (whole bottom was like one huge hole)...
so I got this nice mk1 from Germany through ebay it was like 1300km away in one direction, got some transport company to get it for me and
I must say that I'm very satisfied with it...

Specs of donor car:
Honda CRX 1.5i
113.xxx km

Plans:
- lower it (coilovers + shocks + front torsion change, hopefully toxico iluminas and grond control)
- 13" rims 7" or 8" wide with 185 or 195 tires (Smoor)
- delsol front seats
- arches like AE86 so old japan style

If anone wants to look at my other project CRX jap,style (mugen,glass top, roll cage, regamaster.....) you can see whole project frpm scratch here
http://www.honda-tec...read?id=1536076

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
clean!!!!!!!!!
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
wow i am amazed i just read the whole 2nd gen crx thread on honda tech that crx is sick

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks on comments biggrin.gif

Today I did some work on this mk1 and found out that alternator is dead and my fuel tank is leaking so I must get me new one,
but everywhere I'm looking for tanks those are all for carbs and I have 1.5i PGMFI one...anyone knows where to get one,
alternator I'll probablly get it renew

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
are u sure that u found a carbed crx in europe? reason i ask is because i have never yet seen one.. anyway it doesnt matter, the tank itself is the same. and so is the alternator from all the 1g crx and 3gcrx (exept the ones with the zc1 engine).
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (slavteren @ Mar 18 2007, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are u sure that u found a carbed crx in europe?

I didn't say that I found that car, I said I found gas tank for carbed CRX mk1 on ebay.co.uk
If those are the same I'd gladly take new one and have no worries with fixing old one...

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
usdm model tanks differ between the carb'd and injected. i see no reason that the edm models would be the same tank... i could be wrong, but i wouldnt buy a new tank without knowing for sure
grimms mom

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I have the same opinion as you icebox187, cause I know that at younger models those are different,
I did send massage to dealer so I'll see if there are changes and if he can supply me with one for injection fueled
wink.gif

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
how bad is the leak? jb waterweld is made for that sort of thing.... but if not that you can gas-free it and have it welded.... either would be cheaper than buying a new one
grimms mom

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I know about that solution but there are two leeks and some visible rust spots, little spots but just matter of days month, when those will start leaking...
so I think best solution looking long term would be buying new one (copy) it's like 150$...

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Working on car and searching for rust spots mostlly on secret places, under the front window, under the spoiler, front bottom corners...
With little luck I'll fix all those rust spots dry.gif but I just keep finding more and more little rust spots all not seen from outside...

Edited by koshir, 30 March 2010 - 09:07 AM.

eric87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF W/ Si motor R.I.P, 1985 Si w/ D16A1, 1996 Neon
    Garage View Garage
Well the difference between the carb'd and fuel injected tanks in the states is that the cabred tanks have a smaller return hole than the fi models, i actually just read this in a topic on here like yesterday, maybe do some research and u will find a more indepth answer thats just what i remember...but in a nutshell the carb'd tank wont work i think

What He Said /\/\/\

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
The tanks are the same, at least I have put an hf tank in an Si. Just remove the fuel pickup (it bolts on) and put it on the new tank.

Edited by savestheday, 05 April 2007 - 09:36 PM.

It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Project removing rust continue, almost everything is reasambled and now it's time to cut out those rusted sposts and weld nice fresh metal in...

It will require some welding but hopefully it all be nice and clean at the end and I'll probablly paint the whole car in nice white color,
with little luck I'll get 1.6 16V rear and fron bumpers those look nicer than this weird 1.5i ones

wink.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
So I did little welding on this CRX of mine,
just cuuting rust and welding on new shinny metal and this is going on and on...
hopefully I'll finish this part on bottom so I can move to part under windshield...

Photos of my work

Today I cleaned those new parts on bottom and paint those with that anticorosive paint...

Also got gas tank in good condition and GC coilovers from lil buddy (thanks for quick shipping, great seller!)
so I'm getting little closer to my plan for this little car biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif