Tein Suspension Update

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

Poll: What rear spring rate do you have or want to run? (93 member(s) have cast votes)

What rear spring rate do you have or want to run?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
1st post: Is it possible?
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=24793

2nd post: Spring rate Poll
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=24864

3rd post: List of interested parties
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=24958

4th post: Car dropped off at Tein! Development begins!
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27798

5th post: Taking orders!!!! UPDATED AS OF 8/29/06!!!!
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27982

This poll is intended to find out which spring rates we should consider for the rear coilovers on the imaginary Tein suspension we are working on. I would leave it totally up to the engineer to decide, but most of us really have our cars sorted out and know what kind of dampening force and stiffness we like. So pick a rate.

If yours is not listed, please just pick the closest one and indicate the rate in the thread somewhere.

Marcus

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I voted. I have 280s

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
On the kidney meter, if converted to hours, which end will be happy, and which end is dead, and where does stock run in that?

J<----Clueless.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

85SiHybrid

I voted for 350's.

Cj
user posted image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Apr 2 2006, 05:00 PM)
On the kidney meter, if converted to hours, which end will be happy, and which end is dead, and where does stock run in that?

J<----Clueless.

I dunno what stock is, but it probably does not matter. The point is, we need to make a setup that will work well but handle good on the street. I personally think 350 is not going to be a bad place to work off of.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
can you have "too much" i would immagine like 20-30 lbs shouldnt be a big deal right...but if its too low u bottom out and too high i think would just not move...am i right or wrong on this one?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Simple87Si

350lb rear..

Edited by Simple87Si, 02 April 2006 - 04:17 PM.

user posted image

toxicshit

350 valved shocks would be good !!

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
400 cause the expense should mach the grade

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i have 475's on my civic. work great! ride great!! even for hours!!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
When I produced the coilovers we imagined that we would have a lot of the 450p's left over..... we sold them equally 350's and 450's we sold like 150-200 sets so you figure that 75-100 of each set...... I would personally love the 450p's but if it was equal then I would say a compromise of like 400p would be perfect. Just a thought! wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Well, the idea here is to find out what valving is going to cover the spread. We can probably valve halfway between the 350-450 and it should be fine. That means the kit would come with 400 lb rates in the rear.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Apr 2 2006, 07:03 PM)
Well, the idea here is to find out what valving is going to cover the spread. We can probably valve halfway between the 350-450 and it should be fine. That means the kit would come with 400 lb rates in the rear.

That would be awesome!!!! I know they are a while away from being produced but any rough guestimate as to when they would be ready for purchase if they went ahead and decided it might be worthwhile for them? smile.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Well, the probe kits took 6 months. I somehow think I can pull it together sooner than that, but you know.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Cool then let's get voting eople I want these for a christmas gift and hopefully my chick will either help with or fully purchase these for me !!!!! laugh.gif
user posted image