Feeler - 87 Si Hb In Central Nc

• You cannot reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic

12valvesnolimit?

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
We aquired a new Civic Si HB today (7 hondas / 4 si's now) but we don't intend to keep this one. The car is black and has been owned by one man since it was new. The body has ~293k on the odometer, but the second engine broke a timing belt and that's why we got it. The body is in pristeen condition. We checked under fender and quarter panel trim and under mud flaps and underbody and found absolutely no rust (Southern car).

the good:
no rust
removeable sunroof with the bag (the plug is there but damaged)
fog light brackets and covers and wires and switch (lights themselves are gone)
original gold 13's in good great shape
all mud flaps in good shape
professionally converted a/c with certification sticker from last year
many new parts
not touched by a teenager (no rice lol)
most if not all service records kept in glove compartment (includes owner's manual)
still has the lip spoiler (small crack but otherwise good condition)
tilt steering

the not so good:
paint is faded, but could easily be buffed and waxed to a shine
the odometer reads 292k+ miles
one tear in the driver's seat
tears in the top vinyl of both door panels
engine broke a timing belt and we are unsure of the extent of the damage
car was driven as recently as this year so everything else works (inspection good until october)
rust in passenger headlight but intact
cracked front corner lenses but intact

we will be taking pictures as soon as we can and posting them here. our decision is this:

take offers and sell it as a premium shell / project car with good a/c
or
replace the engine (we have them here) and sell it as an almost perfect street car
or
turbo the engine like everything else we have and sell it for even more

if anyone would like to buy the car in any of those stages of restoration please pm us or email us at [email protected] with offers and we will make a decision soon. we allready have local offers, but we know it would be cared for if sold to an rpr member. we are reluctant to sell it anyway because it would be a beautiful sleeper, but we need money for other projects right now. our loss could be your gain.

thanks,
-Mike and Tony
CTR

Edited by 12valvesnolimit?, 26 August 2006 - 07:11 PM.

-Mike
1987 CRX Si turbo d15a3 8:73 1/8 mile on pump gas 8psi 172k on motor
www.cheaptrixracing.com

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
I would be really interested in what's left of the fog light kit, especially the covers.

sig1.jpg

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1gencrx @ Aug 26 2006, 07:34 PM)
I would be really interested in what's left of the fog light kit, especially the covers.

Same here. wink.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm interesting in just the rolling shell with the window, door and hatch seals and the front window nothin else.

I don't need engine, fenders, bumpers, sun roof, door, hatch or hood.

I do want pics of the foglight switch to compare to the switch from my 84 1500S.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
so were r talking about a 1k at least for it to be running right? blink.gif replacing w/ same engine or fixing the current one

<---just curious how much it would usally go for around nc unsure.gif

therealtime

• Slow builder of Fast cars
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si Turbo, 87 Civic Wagon 4wd (sold), 88 Civic Hatch Std. (RIP), 93 del Sol Si (sold)
QUOTE (Screech @ Aug 26 2006, 07:54 PM)
I'm interesting in just the rolling shell with the window, door and hatch seals and the front window nothin else.

I don't need engine, fenders, bumpers, sun roof, door, hatch or hood.

I do want pics of the foglight switch to compare to the switch from my 84 1500S.

not interested in parting at this point (except maybe the foglight parts) because the entire car is in too good a shape to rape and pillage. would consider removing the engine and tranny and selling as a rolling shell with options for your own engine setup but that's as far as we'll go. (if you rape it on your own don't tell us about it because we'll cry)

QUOTE (SilverRex-Bullet @ Aug 26 2006, 10:44 PM)
so were r talking about a 1k at least for it to be running right?  replacing w/ same engine or fixing the current one

<---just curious how much it would usally go for around nc

I guess that is what we are trying to decide. we are really strapped for time, so the more work we do to the car the more valuable it becomes to us. We would consider offers less than a thousand for the good complete body as is. We would probably want a little over 1k if we swap in a similar engine (after rebuilding). and we would want even more if we upgraded anything else or used a different swap etc. we are looking for offers so that we can decide which direction we want to go with this.

thanks,
mike and tony
ctr

p.s. we forgot to note a small rock chip and matching crack in the windshield (passenger side about 6-8 inches long)

-Tony
1986 CRX Si turbo project best 1/8mi et= 8.02
1987 Civic Wagon Real Time 4wd (SOLD)
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
dry.gif I could always use practice on an engine.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (therealtime @ Aug 28 2006, 07:32 AM)
not interested in parting at this point (except maybe the foglight parts) because the entire car is in too good a shape to rape and pillage.  would consider removing the engine and tranny and selling as a rolling shell with options for your own engine setup but that's as far as we'll go. (if you rape it on your own don't tell us about it because we'll cry)

p.s. we forgot to note a small rock chip and matching crack in the windshield (passenger side about 6-8 inches long)

tongue.gif Sympathetic fools muhahaha j/k (kinda) ph34r.gif
Rock chip + crack in windshield make the value drop a lot to me. I offer $250

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
How much do you want for the foglight covers and the brackets? I already have a switch so that can stay with the car or go to someone else.

Thanks
Bobby

sig1.jpg

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
how much you asking with installed motor? im in carthage around the pinehurst and southernpines area.....how far are you from here? i may come and take a look
1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)

therealtime

• PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si Turbo, 87 Civic Wagon 4wd (sold), 88 Civic Hatch Std. (RIP), 93 del Sol Si (sold)
QUOTE (mysql @ Aug 29 2006, 02:01 AM)
how much you asking with installed motor? im in carthage around the pinehurst and southernpines area.....how far are you from here? i may come and take a look

We are asking for offers. It would cost us a few hundred and some hours to rebuild one of our spare motors. we are open to any offers at any stage right now. for example:

"I would pay $250 for the car just like it sits and I don't need the foglight stuff"
or
"I would pay $1800 for the car if you put in a running engine and fixed the windshield"
or
"i would pay $2500 for the car if you put a CTR turbo kit and good engine in it making 150whp"
etc. etc.

we are about 2 hours from southern pines/pinehurst. we are about 20 minutes from winston-salem, we are about 1.5 hours from downtown charlotte, we are about 5 hours from myrtle beach etc. etc. map quest mocksville, nc 27028 zip code

thanks
-tony

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (mysql @ Aug 29 2006, 02:01 AM)

Take 24/27 west to hwy220 N then take highway 64 northwest to mockville..should be about 2-2.5 hrs.....

Edited by ibcnya, 29 August 2006 - 01:57 PM.

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
Might be able to sell the entire car for you, have a friend thats looking for a 3g real bad.
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

therealtime

• PipPipPip
QUOTE (savestheday @ Aug 29 2006, 03:04 PM)
Might be able to sell the entire car for you, have a friend thats looking for a 3g real bad.

make an offer for your friend or tell them to make an offer. or you could buy it from us and sell it to them for more and make yourself some money depending on how bad they want it.

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
got any pics of the car?
1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)