• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
are friendly on the road?

like, i know my civic is the brightest one of its kind in the city, it gets alot of attention, too much at times, but other citizens that are driving around in their old civic's and crx's wave or toot their horn and smile. i swear all the civics in my area know my car, they toot their horn when they drive by my place everyday.

but the people that drive the newer civic's...... are a totally different story. they are usually 18-25 year old boys with their hats on backwards, underwear showing, clear taillight having, parkbench wing sporting, fart cannon buzzing, mean muggin (huge attitude) frontin assholes. mad.gif

those are the guys trying to streetrace with me everyday, they will cut people off and menace me with their car while honking their horn and flashing their lights at me trying to get me to do rolling races in rush hour traffic. to which i usually give them the toots on the horn to go and i pull down the nearest sidestreet while they take off flying down the road alone......

us owners of the older gen honda's are just nicer people i think. smile.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Sep 1 2006, 09:21 AM)
those are the guys trying to streetrace with me everyday, they will cut people off and menace me with their car while honking their horn and flashing their lights at me trying to get me to do rolling races in rush hour traffic. to which i usually give them the toots on the horn to go and i pull down the nearest sidestreet while they take off flying down the road alone......

I noticed that when I was going on my trip last weekend. But the non modified civics were nicer than the modded ones. dry.gif Dunno, must be something though, because if I drive my prelude, I get thumbed up, by other prelude owners. rolleyes.gif Diffrent strokes I guess.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
i noticed that about jeep drivers too they will ~ALWAYS~ smile and wave at you and give you right of way etc. "It's a Jeep Thing"

but yeah, modded newer civic drivers are ....... trying to hard? dry.gif rolleyes.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '06 350Z '99 Integra LS '92 Prelude Si
    • Image Gallery
i got the same thing from mustang drivers in my old mustang, but in my teg it's mostly just people wanting to race... just immaturity i guess.

ex-SportInjectedClub

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
My wife says that BMW and Mercedes Benz drivers are assholes on the road. She always gets cut off by them. I guess that's what new Honda drivers get when they get older.

Edited by gtcali, 01 September 2006 - 11:20 AM.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You see old CRXs and Civics?

I never see them... Being in the rust belt, they must have all rotted away...
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah even In northern cali I have never seen OLD crx's driving around?? XIPHERS Is the only one I have seen In a looong time driving. I drive the freeway every day to school 1 hour each way and to this day have not seen another 1g crx? 3g civics I have. but not 1g's..

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Sep 1 2006, 09:44 AM)
yeah even In northern cali I have never seen OLD crx's driving around?? XIPHERS Is the only one I have seen In a looong time driving. I drive the freeway every day to school 1 hour each way and to this day have not seen another 1g crx? 3g civics I have. but not 1g's..

i see old crx's from time to time...i have seen 3 different stramans on the road here in san diego...all were nice
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
Concur! I see 1Gs fairly often here in [relatively rust-free] Northeast Florida; not so many 3Gs for some reason. No matter the age of the drivers, they seem darned friendly on the road.

The guys in the newer Civics go zoomin' around, and I can't help but think, "Oh, sure, it's EASY to get aftermarket parts for your car, try getting stuff for a 20-yr old CRX!"

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i think the reason for the older people driving these older honda's being friendly is because for #1, they are older and more mature, and for #2 in order to have something this old you have to have a reason, they are most likely an enthusiest with a passion for these cars.

the most ignorant drivers on the road are GM brand SUV's. the bigger the it is the more ignorance. no matter where i am in my crx i get GM brand SUV's that feel the need to ride my ass and pass and cut me off for no reason. i can be traveling at 80 MPH and they still have to pass and cut me off even if it's double yellow lines, i guess just make a point? the thing is, whats was the point made?....that your an ass hole?

i see so many 1/3G on a daily basis. probably 4 or 5 on average.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ Sep 1 2006, 12:14 PM)
The guys in the newer Civics go zoomin' around, and I can't help but think, "Oh, sure, it's EASY to get aftermarket parts for your car, try getting stuff for a 20-yr old CRX!"

Ding, ding, ding!! This is exactly the reason why I drive my 3G like an 80-year-old woman. biggrin.gif EDM headlights and JDM corners don't just grow on trees, ya know. laugh.gif

Another group that fits into the worst drivers category is H2 and H3 drivers.

DSM drivers in this area are pretty cool to other DSM drivers. Probably because they need to have a ride home when their car breaks down. laugh.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Sep 1 2006, 01:00 PM)
Another group that fits into the worst drivers category is H2 and H3 drivers.

hmmmm, these are a GM brand..........

watch the pattern.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
crxls - I'm always surprised by the number of 1G/3Gs in your area of PA, my wife's from York so we're up there every so often. She used to own an 86 CRX DX, but traded it on a slushbox Accord before we met. Regrets it to this day....losing the CRX, that is, not meeting me!

Airgazm86 - Roger that - I see sh*t falling off a truck in front of me, and I have visions of smashed EDM headlights and clear corners dancing in my head.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
At least you dont have the problem like this!! >>etmydst lives in BEAT UP RICER CENTRAL OF ALL OF THE UNITED STATES<<<< I will bet my bottom dollar you will not find more ricers than central cali/ bay area just look at CRAIGSLIST.org sfbayarea and type in honda.. youll see..

I'll be driving my CRX at 65-70 MPH (when I do drive it) , then all of a sudden this BEAT UP ricer, primered , bouncing off the stops, APC stickered out riceboy slows then try's to engage me in a speed contest revving and downshifting next to me WTF, happens like 3 times on the way back from school.

I just LAUGH and let them jock my mugens, and my dentless, shiny red paint that they wish they had..

funny thing Is all the OLD people driving give me thumbs up all the time, probably a first time seeing a NICE TAstEFUL honda in central cali for once.

Edited by etmydst, 01 September 2006 - 01:34 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ Sep 1 2006, 01:09 PM)
crxls - I'm always surprised by the number of 1G/3Gs in your area of PA, my wife's from York so we're up there every so often. 

dude, i live like 5 minutes outside of west York now. get with me next time your up this way.