How Fast Do You Drive?

• You cannot reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
Just wondering what kind of speeds my fellow crx motorists are doing on a regular basis.

I'll start:

HIGHWAY---I typically drive 7-8mph over the speed limit (unless there's any law enforcement listening, then it's always the speed limit, officer wink.gif)

CITY/MUNICIPAL---Usually 4-5 mph over, sometimes up to 7-8 over if I'm in a hurry (or if I know it's not a patrolled area)

Rationale?
I have several friends who are in law enforcement, and most will say the same thing regarding the "unwritten rule" concerning speed:
"9 your fine, 10 your mine".

Thus, I almost never go 10+ over the speed limit.

Incidentally, I'm 35 years old and been driving for 19 years.
Want to guess how many speeding tickets I've had?

About 6 total.

Want to guess how many of those I was going LESS than 10+ mph over the speed limit?

NONE.
blink.gif

HOW CLOSE TO THE SPEED LIMIT DO YOU *USUALLY* GO?

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
dude, you saw how fast i drive laugh.gif

41 citations and counting, not all speeding though.

actually i think wilq and myself were really close to getting tickets on the way back from breakfast at IHOP that one morning.....

i mean, i never speed wink.gif

Edited by crxls, 22 November 2005 - 10:34 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
The unofficial speed limit here in Quebec is generally about 20km/h over the posted limit, whatever it is.
I will generally drive around that, maybe a bit faster in light traffic as I feel more comfortable going slightly faster than traffic unless it's so busy I have to constantly change lanes.

On the highway at least, ticket avoidance is a question of where you speed - keep an eye far down the road for likely hiding spots & modulate your speed accordingly.

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Nov 23 2005, 03:30 AM)
dude, you saw how fast i drive  laugh.gif

Yes, I did witness your "spirited" driving on that stretch of Hwy 220. If you guys noticed (which several of you did not) that I slowed down right there because it's a favorite hiding spot for the Asheboro local po-po. Thankfully, no one got pulled over by the cop hiding on that hill (they hide there several times per week).

41 citations?!?!?! ohmy.gif blink.gif Sweet Jebus man, I'll bet your insurance folks just love you.
I'd hate to pay your premiums....

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Nov 22 2005, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (crxls @ Nov 23 2005, 03:30 AM)
dude, you saw how fast i drive  laugh.gif

41 citations?!?!?! ohmy.gif blink.gif Sweet Jebus man, I'll bet your insurance folks just love you.
I'd hate to pay your premiums....

bryman

hahah, thats the best part, i take a 5 day suspension for every point that the fine is worth when i get one. so a 3 point speeding ticked i surrender my license to the state for 15 days, pay an extra $25 to get them back and the driving record is spotless. i pay about $32 per month for my crx biggrin.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
im useally about 10km over the posting in city, its been the setting that everyone has done even cops ie 50km +60km dont go over or your toast though.

and highway im usally 10km over sometimes 20km-30km on areas that arnt partoled.

only 1 ticket and that was passing a cop doing 140KM to get in front of him. 3 points and 175 cdn bucks. erased after 2 years so clean for 4 years.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
here in cali 65 - 70 mph is the posted on highway...but if you do this in the slow lane you will get tailgated...general is 70-75 in the right lane 80+ mph in the left..i usually cruise with flow of traffic..other wise 75 is cool for me..

1stGENcrxLOVER

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: white 2004 civic ex 2dr. black 2008 odyssey touring. blue 2007 ford f150 xl
i drive hwy 41. every day its a 55 mph zone but the po po lets you get away 70
every but hwy 41. 5-10 over

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
-city limit is 50 km/hr and i do about 80km/hr
-highway is 100km/hr and i do between 120 and 160 km/hour for the drive to work, and between 120 and 180 for longer drives
-schoolzone 30km/hr i slow it down to 50km/hour

yes... this is how i drive, in any condition, rain, shine, fog....i dont really care.

people always tell me to slow down.. i find its teh people who drive slow that are the ones who get in accidents.. they drive slow cause they cant cant handle the situation that they are in, or they just dont know what the hell is going on..
Im lucky though, the cops around the lowermainland of BC are very leniant.. its pretty easy to get away with speeding around here... most of the time the cops dont care.
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

tr4cti0n_i55ues

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 crx, 1990 civic std
i drive slower than the cops so its usually about 10-15mph over and 5mph under the cop

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
9 or 10 mph over, or just the limit when i'm cruisin
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

bad@ssracer

driving habits are gonna change this time around. lol, i will be gettin my license back for the 6th(or 7th time kinda lost track) since i turned 17(i turn 22 on feb18) on feb 25th 2006. just got my renewal statement (progressive is the only company that will take me for less than $2500us every 6months) and my premiums for liability only (double my states minimum requirements) jumped from $151 a month to $333 a month.
oh yeah and the only accident i have ever had wasnt even my fault, it was when that jack@$$ in a lifted 4x4 tried to run me over!!
not that its nething to be braggin bout though
The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
My rules:

If the speed limit is 20 because of a school zone i really try do slow down. usually to about 25.

If the limit is 30 I do just under 40

If the speed limit is 55 I do 70

If it's 65 I do just under 80.

See now theres a spot where I live thats 55... So i'm doing 70 and but then it drops down to 40 but then I do about 55-60.

mind you I habitually do 39 in a 30 and 15 over anything on the highway, right past cops and I have never gotten a ticket, I never hit my brakes they want to pull me over go ahead.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
- I do 45 in a 35, almost without trying...
- I do 65-70 in a 70 cuz I don't like the high-strung sound of a sustained 3.2k RPM, plus it's I-40 into Winston-Salem and I see blue lights every single day to and from work/school/karate...I get blown by all the time on the highway but = no speeding tickets EVER.
- I do 60+ in a 55, I like that 55-60 speed, just cruisin'...

- If it's raining hard, subtract 10-15 off each top speed (my headlights suck and the lines are dull on our roads)
- If it's after dark and on a rural road, subtract 10-15 as well for deer are abundant where I live and I'd rather tag one at 40mph than 60mph, maybe even have enough time to stop

- And in extreme cases (hospital run, late for my own wedding/funeral, 'testing' out a new modification) then it's 80+ all the way!

- oh, two tickets, one fender bender in my old Dodge (trucks don't stop as fast as cars I found out) and one rolling stop in the 280zx (I didn't like getting out of 2nd in that car)

Mak
QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
City- 30mph
Highway-100-120mph biggrin.gif
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!