Motor

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

edweazy2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI
my friend owns a 86 crx si we are swappin in a 89 integra motor i have 2 questionz to ask will this motor bolt up to the stock tranny and will the stock tranny hold the power of this motor without it slipping anytime soon. and will the si ecu work on this motor or would it b betta to swap to the integra ecu thanks edwin

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
The 86-89 Integra motor will not bolt up the the stock Si tranny...the 88-89 Integra motor is an electronic advance motor so it will not work with the Si ECU (you need an 86-87 Integra motor -OR- you need that 88-89 Integra ECU and you have to do some rewiring).

Kirk

edweazy2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
how much rewiring has to b done like to much for me to do or should a shop attempt it ?and will the 89 tranny just bolt rite in the car ?

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
alot of wiring and yes the teg tranny will bolt into the car now read the FAQ

edweazy2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
thanks alot my fault i aint no honda expert and i see some of the faq on some honda sites dont help u fro nuthin

Type X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Crx si (Black and Rusty)
Yes the facts section on redpepperracing.com has a great article on d16 swaps, leave it to TJ to write a guide on how to wire the blacktop D16 motor. smile.gif Makes life a lot easier to say the very least.

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
It's the "faq" section, as in Frequently Asked Questions.

Anywho, I'd say go for the 89 D16A1 swap. It isn't that hard and you'll be glad you did it.
Posted Image

Type X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
omfgUrRightImSorry wink.gif I'm actually in class right now i was replying quick as prof walks by smile.gif

Facts/ faq... jeesh wasnt thinking. Although the faqs section on the swap would be better renamed facts. Its more solutions than questions.

Sorry about not being perfect once again smile.gif

later guys

Adam

edweazy2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
thanks i think im gonna go threw wit the swap and just do it it will pay off in the long run anyways.we r hopin for some 15's stock at least we were pullin 16.9 wit the stock si motor so it betta drop at least a second off the time

Type X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeh dont go with 15s. 15s are good, but youll prob get better times off of 13s , as wide as you can go and sticky smile.gif

I don't know from personal experience, but ive heard this is what the car was made for and this is what works best. The Japanese are very good at making things work together.

Of course you may want to ask a better expert on the wheels/tires after the swap. You may be better off running on 15s. I know there are a few posts on 1/4 times. Look for a set-up similar to what you want see what tires they were running and if you like it go for it.

Off of a 89 teg engine expect anywhere from 10-17 seconds on the 1/4 depending on the job you do.

if you p&p the head/ get a nice clutch/ tuned i/h/e / some sort of poost system, you could definitely pull 12 and under. But you are definitely looking at 4k overall.

For 1-2k depending on how much the parts car cost. expect 15ish. If you go about everything smart, you may get down to 13 wink.gif

Who knows!

What the fastest rex anyone has heard of?

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The fastest 1G? 8 or 9 second in the 1/4, if I recall.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rpr @ Mar 16 2004, 07:38 PM)
The fastest 1G? 8 or 9 second in the 1/4, if I recall.

Who was that?? blink.gif
Must see pics... ughhh.. uhh...

ImprtRcr02

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I also would like to know who it is and what their setup was.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The Ericks Racing car that was in DSport last month. There have been about 5 threads on this board about it...

http://www.935dragge...p?article_id=58
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Type X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
HEY HEY HEY!

Me and my posse agree that that is a super sexy rex. Hmm sex and rex rhyme all too well, I think I have a new nickname for ole chelsea...