150 Whp

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
All right 150 whp is the goal, which I think is pretty reasonable. This is the list a parts I have cooked up to help me get there. What do you guys think is this doable or is there something I am missing. This will be a daily driver. Any suggestions, changes, or modifications are welcome. biggrin.gif

=============================
Si head / PE7 (Port and Polished)
Si oil pan
D16A1 Pistons
DC Header (if I can find one)
Minkuni Carbs & manifold (sidedraft)
Camshaft, performance (e.g. Crane regrind)
2in Exhaust
Turbo Muffler
Ignition (MSD or Direct Hits)
Phantom Grip LSD - Clutch Type
Clutch Stage 2 (Ram or Exedy)

=============================

Thanks
Andrew

Edited by Rollin, 20 May 2004 - 11:04 PM.

- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
whats the cam specs??? and the compression ratio???? and what kinda carbies u using????? and hey good luck

Simple87Si

phantom grip makes clutch type LSD's?
user posted image

xThexHeadx

• rpr member
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: ------->
I don't think 150 whp is doable with the setup you listed. Something is missing... a turbo!
I'm working on roughly the same setup as you but FI instead of carbed.
I'm expecting 119 HP / 122 TQ (@ the crank)

D15A3 longblock
P/P on the head
Integra TB
Integra Injectors/ECU
D16A1 Pistons (yield 11.5:1 compression)
Web regrind (.412", 252 duration, 232 @ .050")
Litespeed 4-2-1 header
Crane ignition
Phantom LSD
B&M FPR & Apexi AFC (to tinker with the fuel curve)
1990 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
2004 Honda Interceptor VFR800

1992 Dodge Power Ram 250, Cummins Turbo Diesel (350/800) Tow/Haul

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
With the right cam, a well built head, high compression and good tuning, header and exhaust, you can definitely make 150 at the wheels with that setup. gtpilot put down close to 200hp at the wheels (NA) with a similar setup, but that is a full race motor that needs to be rebuilt after 8 hours of use, I believe.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
eh...leave it stock and throw bottle on it smile.gif
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
or build it to be reliable, and have power ALL the time not just when its on nitrous.
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

nivek2002

I believe its possible, (like Tom said) with higher compression, good cam, and well tuned sidedrafts.

Tuned Sidedrafts will always make more power than a stock Fuel injection system, but not more than ITB's biggrin.gif

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
ya, that set-up wil need a TON of fine tuning miracles to see 150 whp. at least get a d16a1 head on there too.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
hey i just noticed sumtin u never said anything about gasket matching??? if ur going to port and polish then u need to match the intake and head together also with a good cast flashing on the intake u will flow better and maybe u might consider over sizing the vavles and 5 angle valve job hell that will help out a shit load

I8ayellowcrayon

I would suggest a Gude cam. Some people on here don't like Gude because of their customer service, but a couple friends of mine haven't had any problems. They usually have some pretty decent cams for SOHC Honda motors. Also try www.exospeed.com, they make some good cams for a decent price.

Also, whats with the turbo muffler thing?? You said 2" pipe which is good, but the turbo thing is bugging me... Turbo as in forced induction turbo or the 'turbo' style muffler that looks stock? If you're talking about 3" forced induction muffler, please reconsider smile.gif.

Edited by I8ayellowcrayon, 22 May 2004 - 12:43 AM.

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
You will need a pretty big cam to get that number to the wheels N/A.I've got a 282-288 Colt Cam cut at 112(for nitrous and turbo)and is still ok for a DD but can only get 127 whp (still a bit rich but won't make too much more of a difference).I've got a T-25 going in to have some go on the street and the nitrous will be reserved for the track-streetable combo with more hp for the races.A big cam and high compression always sound great and will be a blast to drive as long as you don't mind having no bottom end.
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon &quot;Fiona&quot;, 85 1500DX &quot;The Tick&quot;, 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
Ok, so maybe this is not a realistic dailey driver goal. I sounds like the cams I would need are going to make idle a b****. The turbo muffler thing is for a less restrictive exhaust, they are build similar to standard mufflers just with few internal switch backs (twists and turns). I am definately going for realiability and after considering bottle fed and turbo, all-motor just sounds like the best option. I had done a ton of research into Turbo, Nitrous, and combonations there of for my old 4g. There is just to much micro-management issues I do not want have to worry about. On top of that the have to build the motor up anyway to do Turbo and Nitrous correctly.

Nivek2002 what did you mean by "ITBs" ??? huh.gif

Simpley87Si, yes Phantom Grip makes a clutch type LSD check JCW you find them here.

Erik: Thanks for pointing out gasket matching, I was looking into getting the material and making my own gaskets to spec.

Last but not least 150 whp would be awesome out of an EW1 engine and the work would be a lot of fun (crazy me). But would it be easier just to grab a B18B from a 3rd Gen. Integra and go from there? I think not because of the Carb to FI change over, but any thoughts?

smile.gif
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

Simple87Si

oh cool.. disc-type limited slip.. and 300 bucks isnt bad.. i think ill get this eventually.. biggrin.gif
user posted image

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
now i know it is very possible to get 150 outta ew1 motor u will just need to have the right compression the right parts and it will still be reliable come on the ew1 motor is what 100 hp with the right porting and polishing it can be dun maybe not with the stock head or the stock intake but i am sure it can be dun please maybe with alittle more money then what u want to put in it but i am sure it will be fun