Dyno Day Number One

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

C8V6C

Got a few pics of dyno day one! This was just the base tune, only the stock W/G spring boost of 10lbs....We didnt even touch the boost controller! We only tuned until 8k rpm....more on that later.

We are on a Mustang Dyno...I hear they are a little more accurate, but they show you lower numbers than some of the other brands out there.

Getting ready....

And getting strapped up...

And then one just for fun laugh.gif they look so nice when they are new tongue.gif

A quick pic if you dont know what it is packin....2.0 Ls Vtec Turbo

We didnt do bad at all...we did the base tune of 10lbs with no boost controller and only tuned up to 8k rpm. Reason being is that the fuel pressure dropped about 7lbs after 8k rpm, so I am upgrading from the 195 walboro to the 255 this weekend. I know, should have done that a long time ago.....I am kicking myself now.

But considering that we only boosted 10lbs, the sweet spot on this turbo is about 15-25lbs, and only revved to 8k, which i planned on revving to 9.5k, we were still able to churn out a respectable 337 to the wheels, and 298lbs of torque.

Once I change the pump, it should be safe to push at least 20lbs and rev to 9-9.5....stay tuned for the next update, since I should be dynoing maybe next Thursday-Friday

But boy does it pull hard as a mother f#cker tongue.gif The tune made all the difference, even though we really didnt push it.

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
most powerful 3rd gen ever?

C8V6C

QUOTE (Richard @ Sep 7 2006, 01:04 AM)
most powerful 3rd gen ever?

Not yet tongue.gif I want at least 450-500 out of this baby laugh.gif

toxicshit

that are some verry nice numbers biggrin.gif looks like youll be able to make it ! anny dyno graphs for us guys to look at ?

Greetings Erwin.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

85SiHybrid

Nice numbers so far and good goal as well, have fun with traction!!!

Cj
user posted image

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
you want fo fiddy? ohmy.gif on a street car? OK score for the hondas

b16cRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si
nice numbers bro!! i cant wait till i tune mine smile.gif what program do you use to tune?

Edited by b16cRex, 07 September 2006 - 07:36 AM.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
holy crap!!!!

will this be the ULT3GCVC?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

iceracercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 CRX
That must be a fun car!!!. I like the torque numbers!! Watch out for axles. I hope you have something in there strong.

Randy
PS I can't wait until my car is done. 250 whp is my goal, but still fun.

C8V6C

QUOTE (b16cRex @ Sep 7 2006, 07:33 AM)
nice numbers bro!! i cant wait till i tune mine smile.gif  what program do you use to tune?

We are using SDS Fuel Managment....its a fully standalone, and does not use a honda ecu or wiring anymore.

Traction isnt a problem just yet, at least with the drag radials on the street. When we up the boost, slicks are a definete necessity...but should be fun for now, until next week tongue.gif

toxicshit

have fun driving it biggrin.gif i like the fact that this car wont be a trailer bitch.. but really will be driven with those numbers.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

85SiHybrid

Good to know there other people here using SDS too, good stuff. Did you get all the options? I am using an old version but have updated the system a bit.

What are you using to monitor A/F??

Cj
user posted image

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Thats just how I'd want my car to look if it was as fast as that. Its ugly, mean ugly that is! I love it. Don't paint it!

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
i belive your tied if not now the fastest civic on this board. there is that one othere guy that dose the racing that hasnt posted here for a long time that was up there in numbers till the engine went. running b18s i think. but he was aming 500 to i think.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes! Finally, a high HP breadvan! Congrats on the first tune and very impressive TQ. I can't wait for the next dyno run.

DSMTimeline.jpg