Any racers here?

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

hondacrx44

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Hey, does anyone here have a crx or civic race car? I have an 86 CRX mini stock race car and it is a blast. I would love to hear about other race cars and possibly see some pics. Thanks.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Look at the front page! Most of the core members here are avid autocrossers.

Here are a few pics of my car in action:

http://www.redpepper...ery/album03/aaa
http://www.redpepper...ery/album03/abp
http://www.redpepper...ery/album03/aah
http://www.redpepper...ery/album03/abr
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Off the top of my head, myself, MastaDeeMon, Krispy, RetroCRX and CRXfanatic do Solo 2, gtpilot and Doodson road race, there are a couple drag racers as well. I'm pretty sure skelly_snake races as well, since he has a Honda-Michelin Civic. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. For pictures, either go the the 'Race Day' gallery, or look in the above mentioned members galleries for action shots.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

b20vtecSI

• No brake
  • PipPip
dragrace/autocross..this year going to try rally
Be right back in 12 sec...

skelly_snake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Solo/Road Race, 76 Civic - Ice Race, 90 240 SX, 02 Tracker Conv, 84 Cabbie
yep, I race. The 86 Civic is now just for solo, but it used to be road race (IT). Our other Civic is for ice race only since it has a welded dif, but that one is a first gen (1976) so it's not really relevant here. There are picks of these in the gallery.
http://www.redpepper...ery/skellysnake

We have an 81 firebird street stock that we run on our local dirt oval when were feeling rich enough. We built it about 6 years ago so it's getting a little long in the tooth. Stock car racing is a riot, but you've gotta have deep pockets around here to stay competitive. Sadly we don't have a mini stock class out here just the big old V8's.There is a 4cyl demo class, but that always looked like suicide to me.
Rob W

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
Welcome to the fray!

IandI Motorsports

Kirk

skelly_snake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Solo/Road Race, 76 Civic - Ice Race, 90 240 SX, 02 Tracker Conv, 84 Cabbie
Damn, that's a hot car.
very nice work Kirk.
Rob W

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Thanks!  I bought that car new in '86 and drove it for 135 K miles on the street...then I decided to turn it into a racecar - a true one owner!  I raced the first three seasons with the exact same motor without ever touching it.  I raced the same transmission for 7 years before I finally broke down and had Jamie Houseman make a close ratio racing box out of it.  Honda engineering is excelent - you just have to maintain it.

The car is quite a departure from its original self, that is why I have an '87 as a daily driver - they are fantastic cars!

Kirk

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
I would get into road racing if there were a track around here! As it is, all there is locally is Solo II. They must like me though, they made me secretary of the board this year!

It looks like I'll be in stock for another year, then next year Mouse will be in CSP. (YAY!)

CRX Spaz

• Faster around the turns
  • PipPipPip
Autocross here I come!

b20vtecSI-"this year going to try rally"

In the sand dunes?
-Josh
2006 Acura MDX
2001 Locoblade (Lotus like 7 with CBR 900 motor)
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe Sold
1988 Honda CBR 600 Hurrican F1 Sold
1991 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC VTEC (B16A1) Sold
1994 Honda Accord EX Sold
1992 Honda Accord EX RIP
1991 Honda CRX Si Black 1.6 DOHC (ZC) RIP
1991 Honda Civic Si Black 1.6 SOHC RIP

nivek2002

this will be my first full season of AutoX  :D

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
QUOTE (CRX Spaz @ Jan. 08 2003,16:08)
...b20vtecSI-"this year going to try rally"

Rally is SO fun. Rally is SO hard on your car. I did it once in Mouse and decided that I would never subject him to that again.

So I'm going to do it in my beater Audi 4000! (If I ever get the dang thing running!) Too bad it's not a Quattro, but the price was right... free!

EPcivic

• 2008 & 2009 EP National Champion
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
I've been autocrossing for 13 years now, 10 of them in my 86 Civic Si.  I've run it in DS, CSP, EP, EM, and starting last year Street Mod.  If someone will teach me how to post a picture I've got a few.

-Chris

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
To post pics you need them stored on an internet server somewhere. Conveniently, I have a gallery setup for just that purpose. If you want an album, PM or email a desired username, password, and album title, and I'll set you up. From there, it's pretty easy.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Tom, You Da Man!  A friendly, accomodating and knowledgable moderator - we all appreciate your efforts!

Kirk