Need 88 Accord 5th Gear

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
Anyone has a 1988 Accord manual transmission 5th gear in decent condition, please let me know. I am willing to buy this item from you asap.

Thanks,

Rene

DEMO814

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84/85 CRX si(ish)
Hey its Daniel I've got some complimentry la auto show tickets, do you want a couple when I pick the shell up? Let me know how many.... from dec 4 to december 13, and parking is 12 dollars

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (DEMO814 @ Nov 16 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey its Daniel I've got some complimentry la auto show tickets, do you want a couple when I pick the shell up? Let me know how many.... from dec 4 to december 13, and parking is 12 dollars

Daniel,

Bro' You're still interested in that shell? I truly thought maybe you lost interest between the time we talked, and now. I sold it to Royce by now. He's got three decent shells, and if I know better, I believe he plans to sell the one in my back yard, plus another white one in his back yard. I still have the engine, and all the other parts you'de have gotten from me, so because I feel bad about the miscommunication, and it's impending outcome, I'll let you have that stuff for free, and I'll also talk to Royce about selling you one of the two available shells he has.

Sorry.

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
just me here.

hey Daniel ill pm you k....?

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

DEMO814

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Nope I wanted it, I was gunna do a d16 swap. But ohh well that's my luck, it looked like an awesome body. There be no fallout and your more than welcome to the tickets, if you want them.. I have a few...... hit me back

1986civicsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: CRX w/d16 - HP CRX- 73 & 86 si projects
    Garage View Garage
Hi Rene,
Do you know what went wrong with your motor?

Cory

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (DEMO814 @ Nov 16 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope I wanted it, I was gunna do a d16 swap. But ohh well that's my luck, it looked like an awesome body. There be no fallout and your more than welcome to the tickets, if you want them.. I have a few...... hit me back

Dude,

You're super awesome!

There has to be some way I could repay you for your kindness.

DEMO814

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
From what he told me he was headed to bakersfield and it shut off and wouldn't restart. So he bought a crx that had a d16 swap and is having it swapped into it, it must of been serious to do that.......

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (1986civicsi @ Nov 16 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Rene,
Do you know what went wrong with your motor?

Cory
I have no idea what's wrong with that engine Cory. I've had everything looked at, addressed, and changed, but still, same problem, and that's why I'm done with that engine. I hope that the '88 D16 will bring me as much excitement as yours has brought to you though. It should.

shahriar35

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 95 accord lx wagon, CRX 87 DX w/ a D16a1
    Garage View Garage
So every body loves my shell huh? Royce you better take care of her!!!! She is sexy and still kept her figure wink.gif. She didnt blow up as she aged!

1995 Accord LX Wagon
1987 CRX DX with a d16a1 Blacktop

InvaderTrax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
I have a Prelude 5th gear that, from what I can find, will fit. I don't have a CG transmission to test it on though so I have no idea. $25 shipped? It's in good shape and I grabbed more parts than what you should need just in case. I believe it's a .757 (Accord is .69 and CG is .82 or something close)

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (InvaderTrax @ Nov 16 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Prelude 5th gear that, from what I can find, will fit. I don't have a CG transmission to test it on though so I have no idea. $25 shipped? It's in good shape and I grabbed more parts than what you should need just in case. I believe it's a .757 (Accord is .69 and CG is .82 or something close)

Ok, I'm all too interested in your parts.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on the gearing ratios, so please if you could just give me the breakdown as to the difference between the .69 .757 and the .82

Would the larger number constitute a lower overall rpm while cruising in that gear? Also what is CG?

DEMO814

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
No the higher the number the higher the rpms, off the top of my head I would say using the .757 would drop the rpms 250 lower than they would be. With the gear that is in your trans now. I would say hold out and find the lower .69 if your going to go thru that effort of putting it in. From what I read here on rpr that's would equate to a 500 rpm drop when cruising in 5th gear.....
Daniel

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (DEMO814 @ Nov 17 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No the higher the number the higher the rpms, off the top of my head I would say using the .757 would drop the rpms 250 lower than they would be. With the gear that is in your trans now. I would say hold out and find the lower .69 if your going to go thru that effort of putting it in. From what I read here on rpr that's would equate to a 500 rpm drop when cruising in 5th gear.....
Daniel

That's really helpful Daniel. Thanks!

I think I will hold out for the Accord 5th, there's a guy on G1Teg that's selling the Accord ones for $60.00, he just replied to me, so I'd say, my mission is accomplished.

The only other mods I'm having done to my new D16, is an aluminum flywheel. Between that, and the Accord 5th gear, the new engine should be that much more long distance road efficient. You think?

InvaderTrax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
From what I had read, the Accord dropped RPM's by about 800 at 70mph, so I figured this gear would be closer to 400

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=42146