Who Has The Most Whp & Torque In The World?

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
I want to know who has the most torque & whp out of a EW3/4 -
D15a2/3 84-87 CRX SI-84-87 CIVIC SI in the world? At the Tuner today I made 224.55 whp 224.4 torque at 17psi on my 86 CRX SI. with a stock camshaft! This is a fully built engine with Arias pistons, Pauter rods, Cometic metal headgasket and Endyn block posts. The Garett GT25r turbo is runing at 17 psi boost. The engine should be able to handle more boost because ive run 15 psi with a stock bottom end for years.

Edited by sawchuk, 14 December 2008 - 04:27 PM.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would bet it is you lol.. Man I want to see that sucker, but in the same time I don't. It will make me catch BOOST fever again.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Dec 11 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D15a2/3 84-87 CRX SI-84-87 CIVIC SI in the world? At the Tuner today I made 224.55 whp 224.4 torque at 17psi on my 86 CRX SI. with a stock camshaft! This is a fully built engine with Arias pistons, Pauter rods, Cometic metal headgasket and Endyn block posts. I know it can handle a lot more than 17 psi boost because ive run 15 psi with a stock bottom end for years.

Why it's you Mr. Sawchuk who has the most horsepower in the world!

Try 30psi and see what happens....

tongue.gif
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Dec 12 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why it's you Mr. Sawchuk who has the most horsepower in the world!

Try 30psi and see what happens....

tongue.gif

I Know your just being a Hater what do you think would happen at 30 psi on an unsleeved block? Ive worked hard every night for over 10 years with blood sweat and tears and im proud of what ive done. It takes you only second to to heckel what ive done.

Edited by sawchuk, 12 December 2008 - 12:59 AM.

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Dec 12 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would bet it is you lol.. Man I want to see that sucker, but in the same time I don't. It will make me catch BOOST fever again.

I know that you dont live that far away from me. Ill come by and visit if thats ok?

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
i like seeing these posts. as there are people out there tring to fix up the old orginal engine for power instend of swaping in a bigger engine.

me an my buddy are working in turboing a 87 hatch an a 86 crx, the diff thogh is we are CARBED. i was running a year ago on 6psi till i blew a gasket. i also have a fully built ew2 engine built for turboing. i hope to get my car up to 200hp, right now im pushing 103hp. my buddys will be itresting as his is fully stock. an a bigger turbo then mine.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I'm a hater. WOW! Thanks for letting me know that. I never would have guessed that.
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

P-Tail

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx si, 86 crx dx (deceased)
out of curiosity roughly how much have you invested in getting that much power?

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would have to say that everyone associated with mugen would have to tip their hats to you. I dont think anyone else has been brave enough to build a high power Ew. I think most people just kinda flock to the twin cam swaps.

I would vote that you are at the top of the list for highest power Ew! smile.gif
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

C8V6C

Thats pretty good...I went b series though, so I can't be of much help on my end...

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Wow....

Do you break axles?

Scott

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Dec 12 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D15a2/3 84-87 CRX SI-84-87 CIVIC SI in the world? At the Tuner today I made 224.55 whp 224.4 torque at 17psi on my 86 CRX SI. with a stock camshaft! This is a fully built engine with Arias pistons, Pauter rods, Cometic metal headgasket and Endyn block posts. I know it can handle a lot more than 17 psi boost because ive run 15 psi with a stock bottom end for years.

Those are definitely impressive numbers for a (street driven?) EW engine. But you used a Turbo... wink.gif

I know a few guys that have built normally aspirated EW's (granted, these are NOT for the street) that get close to those numbers. As a matter of fact, I could buy one of them today if I felt like spending several thousand dollars on it. dry.gif

Jay
wondering what some of you might have gotten from your N/A EW's!

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (jsgprod @ Dec 12 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wondering what some of you might have gotten from your N/A EW's!

Numbers from dynos will vary, the same engine could have as much as a 10% difference in numbers produced by different dynos. Toss in environmental differences and it is hard to compare what an engine in California is making on Dyno "A" to what an different engine is making on Dyno "B."

But with that said... My N/A D15A3 has been measured at 99 whp AND it passes California smog inspection!

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
Sawchuk, so what happened with your experiment with the larger intercooler pipes and throttle body? You never gave us an update.

To answer your question, a guy in SoCal (White CRX) made 260whp in his EW when he bent the stock rods (w/forged pistons). He then put in some Cunningham forged rods and cranked up the boost even more. IDK how much more power he made. This was in about 1994. He started out running an HKS kit and was still using the HKS exhaust manifold w/a T28 (or some hybrid of it) w/DFI for fuel injection. IIRC RPS built the motor. The car ran 12.08 in the 1/4 mile in Palmdale in the mid/late 90's at a Battle of the Imports event. I know it had a Mugen LSD in it too. I also remember that a few guys in Puerto Rico were making more than 230whp around that time too.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I never did dyno my first turbo setup EW. I did however Kill my firends 96 Z28 & My buddies 97 Saleen Speedster, a modded b16 powered HF 2nd gen.

Its amazing how well these engines do with boost. My Homemade setup was DX manifold, DSM sidemount intercooler made front mount,HF half radiator, Td04 running off wastegate @ 11PSI., MSD 6AL,integra injectors and ECU,Tetra Fish tank 1 way valvesx2 to fool the map sensor. It ran silky smooth and quiet as can be. I still have the actual setup in my garage lol.

This was all before I even knew about RPR. It was our first dive into a homemade turbo and turned out great!