28 replies to this topic

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
so i got my w2 today, saw how much i made, and was like, where did it all go? then when i get home, i fill out a practice 1040, with the standard deductions, and i owe $1000

in order to break even, i need $9000 in deductions, which i don't think i did, because i cut back on tool purchases this year
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
did u "donate to charity"
or
"the church"
or have to "pay for uniforms"
or
"dry cleaning"
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i donated some to the church, i just can't remember how much, and i need to get all of my reciepts together for my tools, and supplies

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
does anybody know if doing $1500 worth of work to a friends car, and not getting paid, would qualify as a deduction?

my vouch thread

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
10% is not unheard of
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (86dxmechanic @ Jan 16 2006, 11:39 PM)
in order to break even, i need $9000 in deductions

sounds to me like you donated $9,000 to your church wink.gif

the collection plate doesnt give reciepts smile.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
good idea, but i will be getting a reciept from my church.
i could always lie, but that's not very christian, so i will try to manipulate other deductions, like i did last year

my vouch thread

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (86dxmechanic @ Jan 17 2006, 12:20 AM)
good idea, but i will be getting a reciept from my church.
i could always lie, but that's not very christian, so i will try to manipulate other deductions, like i did last year

dude, it's the government we are talking about. you arent lying to beat them out of THIER money, you are just defending YOUR own hard earned money. if anything is wrong about the situation it is that the government is stealing from us and bullying us around. it's kinda like that bully back in middle school that always made you give him your lunch money because he was a lazy fat ass prick....yeah, thats the united states government.

dont just bend over and take it dude.

i'll be damned if i'll pay a dime. i'll burn my money before i give it to those mother fuckers.

Edited by crxls, 17 January 2006 - 12:30 AM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86dxmechanic @ Jan 16 2006, 11:56 PM)
i donated some to the church, i just can't remember how much, and i need to get all of my reciepts together for my tools, and supplies

you can donate up to $500 without a donation slip needed to irs.. so just say you donated $500 if you cant remember...

RTM

I would tell you how much my return is going to be but that might upset you more. unsure.gif

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
and my dumb ass thought this post was about a bad suspension experience...damn...oh well...the guv'ment's a bunch o' bastids anyway
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Don't mess with the IRS. It's not worth it. I've heard some major horror stories, including one guy who ended up committing suicide to get insurance money because the IRS was blaming him for his tax bill getting sent to the wrong address. Eventually his wife got clear of it all, but it was a weeble too late for him.
And my church does give a tax recpit form for donations, so they might see right through that.

The IRS is exactly why we need a flat consumption tax on new retail goods and services in this country. Good bye to federal pay withholdings, death tax, capital gains tax, marriage penalties, deductions, the whole nine yards. You drop taxes on all non-retail goods so it's cheaper to actually make things, you include the tax on the price of goods and services so that in effect you don't even see a change in prices (It's estimated that about 22% of what you pay is already taxes that have to be paid by the mfg, and a proposed rate of consumption tax is 22-23% so a $10 goodie would still be about $10), give a prebate for taxes that would be paid on poverty level necessity of life goods, and that way everyone pays equally be they citizen or visitor.

Neil Boortz did an excellent book on the flat tax. Getting rid of the IRS was just one of the benifits.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
First off, get a tax professional to help you.

Second, if you are self employed there are a ton of LEGAL deductions that you may not be taking already.

Third, I love the tax code. Do not think of it as a revenue source for the government that protects you, educates you, paves your highways and insures your food is healthy to eat. Generally speaking, the people who bitch the most about the "damn government" are the one who have benefited the most from it. But they are usually too stupid to realize it.

Think of the tax code as a set of guidelines for behaviour that your government wants you to follow: Buy a house, get a dedcution. Have a kid, get a deduction. Start your own business, get a lot of deductions. Etc.

You hate taxes? Consider living in a country with no tax collection.... Haiti.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Scott, once again, makes an excelent point. Plus, You owe the irs, $1000. Wow, just think, if you were getting $1000 from the irs, you would be getting jipped. Because you know they have some major intrest collected that they definatley arent paying you. Consider it an intrest free loan that you are paying Sam. Could be worse, and I dare not say how. ph34r.gif

Definatley get a tax professional to help you. Its worth it, by the bottom line, its worth it.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

AMightyWind

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 07 Audi A4 Quattro, 97 BMW 318ti, 1988 Ford Mustang GT
I think the tax code is completely unfair, the flat tax is the way to go. People always bellyache about equality, that's why I love sales tax. Everyone has to pay the same regardless of income. It's the one tax that we have that is actually fair.
Being single and never having a partner to file jointly or have kids to deduct I will always pay the most. I get financially victimized for my lifestyle choice. mad.gif
Oh a Mighty Wind's a blowin’...