Parting Out '85 Crx Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
I came accross a local car that has been sitting for the last 13 years. Its an '85 CRX SI black exterior/interior with 166k miles. Unfortunately the prior owner did not take care of it and let it rot away. It has the normal wheel well rust and you can see rust on the doors, filler panel and the floor pan has been eaten away from the road salt. The prior owner disclosed that the care had been in two minor accidents and I don't like how both bumpers sit. Sponge spoiler rotted away but otherwise the car is complete. Car has A/C option and had an aftermarket alarm at one time. After closely inspecting the car yesterday I've decided it is not even worth trying to get it to run.

We will be keeping the door plastics, rockers, fenders and various other parts to serve as repacements for other two '85 cars but would like to share this find with the community in case you need parts to complete your project. If you have specific interest in parts please let me know as pricing will be reasonable and I expect for the purchaser to cover shipping/paypal costs.

I only plan on having the car around until the springtime and it is currently sitting on my driveway as we head into snowfall season here in New York. J-Man is home from college and hopefully can help out with dissembly as I'm heading into busy season at work.

Heres a quick pic taken before the snow falls today (pics always look better that the car actually is):

Posted Image

Interior - all needs to be cleaned up. From memory the dash is uncracked, the center console looks ok and the seatbelts still retract. The headliner is uncut. The carpeting is dirty and has the usual wear on the drivers side. Seats have slits in the upper vinyl but the lowers/headrest seem ok but need a good cleaning. Rear plastics are scratched up but usable if you have none. Glove box good as is dash tray.

Exterior - badges, b piller panels are restorable one headlight bezel is definately damaged, not sure of the other. Headlights (not sure if they work/have to check brackets as well) CRX center panel has wear scratches but is complete. I expect we'll be keeping door seals, rear window seals, mirrors, tails, markers and salvagable plastics and bumper trim. Si rims have curbage and at least one is bent. All four centercaps are there but need restoration. Tires are shot. Need to keep this a roller so if you are local, I'm happy to sell if you can include steelies with tires that hold air.

Engine/Drivetrain - No idea of condition - we may keep tranny, dizzy and other parts depending on their condition.

Suspension is original, need I say more...

PM's are best but I'll try to check this thread as often as I can.

Elliot
Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Here's a side view picture:
Posted Image

Included was a Chilton's manual for which I don't need. Available for $5 plus shipping/paypal costs.

Posted Image

I'm trying to keep up with the PM's and started dissembly of requested items from the interior. Cluster is removed and sale is pending. Center console is off and available. Keep in mind that it is winter here in the northeast and not pleasant workiing in 30 degree temperatures plus wind chills. J-Man is working evenings and I'm hiring him to help with the dissembly and mailing. Engine internals (lower) or items causing leakage can't be done until I get access to a lift/area away from my driveway so please have patience.

Elliot
Posted Image

kess

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: RPR member #40. 1987 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si/JRSC
Too bad. You are right - this car looks great in the photos.
When the Student is ready the Teacher appears...

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
Your right It does look good in the pics. Sad Story . :(

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Believe me I know. How often does one find one the "appears" this nice and was less then five miles away and had been stored for the last thirteen years?

The speedo has been sold and I removed the corner markers, headlights and header panel (all tabs cracked and one major crack).

If anyone is interested in restoring a recessed headlight conversion I hope to have all of the parts off shortly. The passenger side plastic bezel seems fine but the drivers is missing some of the mounting tabs and is damaged.

B-piller plastics are removed and available, crx plate, screws and tabs are included. Easy item to repaint for restoration.

More to come.

Elliot

Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Sale pending on wiper motor cover.

All PM's replied to. Not enough interest to keep J-Man busy so he worked on his 5 series today in the balmy 45 degree temperatures.

Need a spare wiper arm, motor or cowl cover? Front bumper (local please), O-sh*t handle, sun visors, console with boot, cluster shroud, b-piller covers, horn, coil? All are removed and ready to be boxed.

Don't be shy just ask so I can focus our efforts on the trim/parts you need. As previously mentioned, I need to keep this a roller until springtimeand really can't dissemble the engine on the driveway. Other parts that can be easily removed like the coil, air box or other unless J-Man is taking are available.

Multiple items save on shipping and will be group discounted!

Elliot
Posted Image

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
How does the carpet look in it? Sun faded? Also, what about the window trim. I mean the pieces right below the window, usually the vinyl material has fallen off and they have rusted.

Thanks,

Joseph

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
Does the inside armrest / door handle look like this one? If so I would like to buy the driver's side one.

Posted Image

I also need:

third brake light

storage locker from the back - need all parts to it. Lid, bin, trim, fasteners.

spare tire cover

Please let me know if those things are available, thanks!

Grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Joseph - the carpet has a fair amount of wear to the cords where the driver rests his feet. Coir isn't the worst but I'd pass on it. As for the window strips, the rubber is still intact though aged. I believe J-Man was keeping but I will keep you first in line if they will be sold.

Grant - The car must have been sold in 1985 and is not equipped with a third brake light. I believe the door handles on the '85 model are different than the 86-87 versions but will check put this weekend.

Are you looking for the pressboard cover that sits between the spare tire and carpet or the carpet circle that sits inside the spare tire?

I recall the cargo bin cover handle was damaged but I have another one I've been saving that is in very good shape. I kept in on the side in case J-Man ever wanted to do a resto or if I ever thought of pulling the rear seat out of the red crx. If you are interested in this please PM me and perhaps we can work out a combo deal.

Wiper motor cover sold. Interests pending on recessed headlight conversion and center console.

I'm hoping that the rain here breaks tomorrow Si I can get some more disassembly underway.

Elliot
Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Cargo bin and spare tire panel sold. Headliner is down and I'll try to get to sunroof this weekend if weather is conducive.

Here's some prices for parts removed. Just add shipping and Paypal costs. Discounts for multiple parts purchased.

Center console $15
Dash $25
Cluster cover $5
B piller plastics with badges $15
Dash cubby $5

If too high make a reasonable offer. Please PM me as I'm still in busy season at work and don't get to log in that often.

Elliot
Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Weather here in the northeast is changing so ill get moving on the dismantling.

Please let me know your needs
Posted Image

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
So no corner lights?

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
PM sent
Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

bump ttt.Please PM needs

Posted Image

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Bump to the top.

Stock air box/intake is off. Member backed out so this is ready to ship.

Headlight brackets are sold
Fan blower relay is sold.

Feel free to PM with offers.
Posted Image