Having Fun With My Hood

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
well i started this hood a few days ago and i changed it up last night .i dont think it will be liked but ,whatever its all in fun and i was sick of doing the same stuff lol

here it is so far
old pic when i first did it notice how it slants really hard at the front ,well i changed that and rounded it out with a new peice

new pics
front

passenger side

another

drivers side

all i have to do now is finish welding and do alittle fiberglassing

another reason i did this was because when i had my FPG mounted it didnt clear the hood and now it does laugh.gif

any thoughts or comments ,good or bad are welcome

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

The 90 degree angle doesn't work for me, if it were more of a 45 coming off the sides, with a more subtle transition between the hood and lift, I think it would look more appealing to me. Congrats on the fab work.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Sgt. Pepper

Kudos for attempting/doing that - I can barely weld in new pieces in my floor pan. My welds are butt ass ugly, but no one will ever see them when once I grind, seal, paint, and carpet. ph34r.gif Can't wait to see the hood when it's done. Again - kudos, I would never have the balls to attempt that.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
i have always wonder what a cowl hood would look on a 1g
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 13 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 90 degree angle doesn't work for me, if it were more of a 45 coming off the sides, with a more subtle transition between the hood and lift, I think it would look more appealing to me. Congrats on the fab work.

yeah i was thinking the same thing after i did it dry.gif and i allso think i should have gone with a 2inch lift instead of a 3 inch but
i guess ill have to wait and see how it looks once its fiberglassed. if it looks like poop it can go in the scrap pile laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 13 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kudos for attempting/doing that - I can barely weld in new pieces in my floor pan. My welds are butt ass ugly, but no one will ever see them when once I grind, seal, paint, and carpet. ph34r.gif Can't wait to see the hood when it's done. Again - kudos, I would never have the balls to attempt that.

haha thanks ,no one will see mine either once i fiberglass hehe

QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Mar 13 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have always wonder what a cowl hood would look on a 1g

now you do tongue.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 14 March 2007 - 09:34 AM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
looks like the little brother of the Mad Max interceptor...lol
but,i like it
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Now you can swap any motor you want with no upper clearance issues...

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 14 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

probably the only good that came from destroying that hood unfortunatly. Some more work should clean it up a bit though, but a cowl hood on a 1g doesnt exactly look right. Now try to make a 1 piece hood biggrin.gif

86 crx

Kanyooheermi

• 50C0J1M
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87CRX Dx
he he, Looks like Fun smile.gif

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rileyescobar @ Mar 14 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like the little brother of the Mad Max interceptor...lol
but,i like it

haha thanks

QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 14 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i really only did it because my fuel pressure gauge didnt clear the hood blink.gif

QUOTE (Computer @ Mar 14 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
probably the only good that came from destroying that hood unfortunatly. Some more work should clean it up a bit though, but a cowl hood on a 1g doesnt exactly look right. Now try to make a 1 piece hood biggrin.gif

the hood was shot anyways tongue.gif and it is a one peice hood wink.gif

QUOTE (Kanyooheermi @ Mar 15 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he he, Looks like Fun smile.gif

yeah it is ,i like destroying stuff hehe

here is a pic to show that it is a one peice hood
before the cowl though

i thought i had a pic of it done but i guess not oh well

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
here is a pic of the hood primed ,too see all the highs and lows ,there are a few lol glassing starts right away wink.gif if it stays above zero ,it should smile.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
update on my hood can be found here wink.gif shes glassed now
http://www.redpepper...mp;#entry328209

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
little update on the hood blocked most of it down ,just have some low spots and squareing to do on the sides here is a pic of where im at ,and you can see how it still needs more work

whoops forgot a pic

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 28 March 2007 - 04:29 PM.

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
allmost done wink.gif

im going to block it once more ,because there are a few spots that are fighting me dry.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
outside pic biggrin.gif pretty freakin cool huh ,still not done but lovin it ,you cant tell me that isnt a cool ass hood ,now only if i had the engine to back it up laugh.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 17 April 2007 - 07:26 AM.

My Webpage