87 Civic Si Rims

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 civic Sedan
Im thinking of getting these would the tires rub if I get them 195 60 14?

ps. if you got a set lmk im interested must be in good shape TIA. tongue.gif
myspace.com/toneco9227
87 civic Sedan DD[Stolen]
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
87 Civic Si wheels are 13 inch steelies with hubcaps. in fact, the Civic Si didn't come standard with alloys until 99.

but 195/60-14 will work on stock honda wheels for our applications
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Jun 1 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
87 Civic Si wheels are 13 inch steelies with hubcaps. in fact, the Civic Si didn't come standard with alloys until 99.

but 195/60-14 will work on stock honda wheels for our applications

Thanks Joey

lol i meant the crx si 14in rims.

Tony,
myspace.com/toneco9227
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
do what? wow. someone found my name. my secret is no longer safe..

the CRX Si "dubs" will bolt on without rubbing. had a set for a while.. got rid of 'em.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I had Falken 195-60-14's on my 1st set of 86-87 14" rims and didn't like the look. I thought they looked donut like. Unless you already have the tires, you might like the 185-60-14 or even 185-55-14 tires better. The Federal 595 in the 55 series seem to handle just as well on the street as the Azenis did. And weren't as rough riding.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Jun 1 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do what? wow. someone found my name. my secret is no longer safe..

the CRX Si "dubs" will bolt on without rubbing. had a set for a while.. got rid of 'em.

haha na i just remembered ur name on a post from the katman thread it was like the first one lol
myspace.com/toneco9227
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Jun 1 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had Falken 195-60-14's on my 1st set of 86-87 14" rims and didn't like the look. I thought they looked donut like. Unless you already have the tires, you might like the 185-60-14 or even 185-55-14 tires better. The Federal 595 in the 55 series seem to handle just as well on the street as the Azenis did. And weren't as rough riding.

Do you have a picture of your first set with the 195 60 14's? I would like a set of 195 55 14's but 185 55 14's are good tho. The federals look great. Do you still have the phone dials? I would get them off your hands if you don't want them anymore rolleyes.gif .

myspace.com/toneco9227
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Image Gallery
I still have my phone dials but really really like them now, and they fit the look of the car. here are 2 pics. The 1st one is old, and bad resolution, so may not be good. Powdercoated silver with 195-60-14 Azenis;

New polished phone dials with 185-55-14 federals;

Don't mind the rear sag, the car is basically a closet for storage in the fall/winter

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Okay, I am looking at them, and they don't look that different. But I recall, really not liking the look of them on the car, and I thought that they looked too big in my opinion, as I prefer low profile.

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Jun 2 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I am looking at them, and they don't look that different. But I recall, really not liking the look of them on the car, and I thought that they looked too big in my opinion, as I prefer low profile.

thank you very much, Im hopeing to get these for daily driving the lower profile looks great to bad the falkens dont offer, what was the ride comfort between the two types of tires? you said in your previous post that the falkens were a bit rough, Which do you think are best for day2day activity?

myspace.com/toneco9227
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i like the look of the 185's..

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
185/55s will look considerably "shorter" in person than 190/60s. The sidewall will be just over 1/2" shorter on the 185s.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Toneco @ Jun 2 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you very much, Im hopeing to get these for daily driving the lower profile looks great to bad the falkens dont offer, what was the ride comfort between the two types of tires? you said in your previous post that the falkens were a bit rough, Which do you think are best for day2day activity?

Well, it's been a couple years, but I recall the Falkens being really sensetive to bumps and road surface changes because of the very stiff sidewall. My shop had a lot of fun putting them on my powdercoated rims. A lot of road noise, and a rough ride but handles very well. These were the Azenis 215 or 615 (?) if I remember the model # correctly. I got them from Discount Tire. Now, I don't drive the CRX in rain or snow, so I can't judge their foul weather capability. I just remember the noise, harsh ride, and look on the rims made me change my mind, and I only had them on the car a short time. After having low pro 15's on the Mugens, I decided I liked the low profile look. After geting the polished Si rims, I was going to try to get 195-55-14's but they were pretty expensive. I found the Federals for like $47 per tire, but the hard part is finding a place that stocks that tire even if they say they have it. The Federals handle the road great, moderate road noise, but it is a 25 year old CRX, and it doesn't wander. steering response is great, and the tires don't want to chirp when hard shifting, they just want to claw and go. The down side is the tires/wheels seemed hard to balance, but I don't know if that is due to the tire, or one of my rims may have a slight bend just like my old Si rims did. If you are using it for daily driving, maybe a high performance 185-60-14 touring tire would best suit you. But it looks like you are in California, so if you don't get foul weather you'd probably be fine with either of these. It's really a matter of personal preference. My car gets driven rarely, only in the spring/summer, when dry. My daily driver gets summer tires rotated with snow tires in December. But it again depends on your climate, type of driving, where you'd be driving too, etc.. I would never take these in snow, like if you went to the mountains to go skiing or something. Here's some links of the tire. I really like mine, and I sold the Azenis as soon as I my new rims. On these, if i ever got rim of the rims, I'd still probably keep the tires on hand. This is just my opinion, as the Falken has more popularity and use. People seem to like them, they just weren't my cup of tea. Keep in mind changing from a 185-60-14 to any other size/aspect ratio could affect your speedometer accuracy, like it did mine. I also have a Integra speedo ger in my trans casing, lower profile tires, and a different gauge cluster so mine's all out of whack anyways. The tire size was my last concern here. But it may be for you and the California Highway patrol. There are several good 185-60-14 tires out there too. And look almost the same.

http://ssl.delti.com...h...=15&sort_by=#
http://www.performan...=187#prodAnchor
http://www.federalti...l...line=1&ID=1

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
heres what 185/60s look like on my 14x6s

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Jun 3 2010, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's been a couple years, but I recall the Falkens being really sensetive to bumps and road surface changes because of the very stiff sidewall. My shop had a lot of fun putting them on my powdercoated rims. A lot of road noise, and a rough ride but handles very well. These were the Azenis 215 or 615 (?) if I remember the model # correctly. I got them from Discount Tire. Now, I don't drive the CRX in rain or snow, so I can't judge their foul weather capability. I just remember the noise, harsh ride, and look on the rims made me change my mind, and I only had them on the car a short time. After having low pro 15's on the Mugens, I decided I liked the low profile look. After geting the polished Si rims, I was going to try to get 195-55-14's but they were pretty expensive. I found the Federals for like $47 per tire, but the hard part is finding a place that stocks that tire even if they say they have it. The Federals handle the road great, moderate road noise, but it is a 25 year old CRX, and it doesn't wander. steering response is great, and the tires don't want to chirp when hard shifting, they just want to claw and go. The down side is the tires/wheels seemed hard to balance, but I don't know if that is due to the tire, or one of my rims may have a slight bend just like my old Si rims did. If you are using it for daily driving, maybe a high performance 185-60-14 touring tire would best suit you. But it looks like you are in California, so if you don't get foul weather you'd probably be fine with either of these. It's really a matter of personal preference. My car gets driven rarely, only in the spring/summer, when dry. My daily driver gets summer tires rotated with snow tires in December. But it again depends on your climate, type of driving, where you'd be driving too, etc.. I would never take these in snow, like if you went to the mountains to go skiing or something. Here's some links of the tire. I really like mine, and I sold the Azenis as soon as I my new rims. On these, if i ever got rim of the rims, I'd still probably keep the tires on hand. This is just my opinion, as the Falken has more popularity and use. People seem to like them, they just weren't my cup of tea. Keep in mind changing from a 185-60-14 to any other size/aspect ratio could affect your speedometer accuracy, like it did mine. I also have a Integra speedo ger in my trans casing, lower profile tires, and a different gauge cluster so mine's all out of whack anyways. The tire size was my last concern here. But it may be for you and the California Highway patrol. There are several good 185-60-14 tires out there too. And look almost the same.

http://ssl.delti.com...h...=15&sort_by=#
http://www.performan...=187#prodAnchor
http://www.federalti...l...line=1&ID=1

WOW thanks chris very very well apprericated info. Im not sure but on my first 3rd gen sedan I think I had 195's 60 14's maybe 185's but i dont it I cant really remember but they where good tires, From 55 to 60 would the ride comfort on the 60's be better in bumps amd what, in other words if I put lower profile (55) tires would i feel more solid blows the 60's were good but they do kinda look donutish.

well on mine they did

myspace.com/toneco9227
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]