Colored Interior

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

PhoenixxxSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 2000 Eclipse GT
I really want to get my interior panels colored, so I can make my interior look as nice as I am planning on making my exterior. But the only places I can find that do color coating charge an outrageous amount, and I really don't want to spray paint it like others I have seen. Anyone know where to get a quality job done affordably?

nivek2002

Now Mark, you havent heard his whole story. Dont be so quick with the rice call out tongue.gif

DarkHand

Now Mark, you havent heard his whole story. Dont be so quick with the rice call out tongue.gif

Yeah, I may need the same service to get my interior dyed black one day... smile.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 13 April 2004 - 03:04 PM.

DarkHand

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
hey now mark, be easy on the rice judgement, he may just want to go all black like i did. it was better that the smoke-stain brown that the cieling was..... blink.gif
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If such is the case, looking for a black interior is better than trying to paint it.

And providing the whole story in the first place can prevent a rice-pic laugh.gif

If you want a black interior, go look at your local wrecker or maybe someone on here has an interior for you.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
did the 3G civic ever come with an ALL black interior? mine had a half-black half-gray interior....
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

PhoenixxxSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Actually I need some cosmetic repair to some of the body panels where switches for god only knows what were drilled and mounted, as well as where the little statue of whatever damn saint was stuck to my dash. There are also a few spots where hardend crap and some other stuff need to be removed. I would also like everything dyed back to black from where it has faded, and I want another color other than the grey to accent the car. I don't want a yellow dash or anthing of the sort. But the over all flow of the car will be black and red and I was going to get the speaker cover and fabric on the doors changed to red as well. Basically I am looking for the factory colored interior, just using the two colors that I choose myself.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes, the 3G Si's and CDM 84 Civic DX's came with a black interior.

I currently have a black dash from a CDM DX in my Si, the only civics that I have seen with a black interior are the orange coloured ones.

As far as the Si's go, those are only available in the US, and are a little nicer, because they include the padded side panels and a center console!

Edit: Phoenix: My suggestion is to get another interior so that you can work on it outside of the car... I like your plans, but am not a fan of the red colored this and that, but thats just IMO. If plan on painting your vents red, then that is still rice, but I still promote doing whatever you like.... you just get razzed along the way here and there wink.gif No hard feelings.

Cheers,
Mark

Edited by Rampage, 13 April 2004 - 06:09 PM.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
my dash and everything was black, but the ceiling, and a-pillars and stuff up high were gray, but had turned brown from smoke huh.gif
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I failed to mention that.

from the window line up all civics and CRX's have a lighter color, most civics are tan, some, as you say, are grey, and IIRC all CRX's are grey.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

Gumby

• Your Daddy
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic HB 1500S 83 Bronco
Just try that special kylon paint........... one of my buddies did it to his 2g crx and it turned out good
user posted image

PhoenixxxSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I tried that Krylon paint. It didn't work all that well. As Rampage said, I just want to color all the grey stuff from the window line up because it is pretty stained from age/smoke/dirt, whatever.

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
i used vinyl dye, because it seeps into the plastic itself and actually colors the plastic black, red, whatever. it wont rub off like regular paint will. one thing though, make SURE you degrease and clean the panels you paint really really well, or the stuff will run. another thing is do not even dream of attempting it inside the car! you MUST remove everything to be painted if you want to do a decent job.
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
what do you mean IIRC?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
IIRC: If I Remember/Recall Correctly.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub