I Need Immediate Help .please

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

3rdgen

• A civic by anyother name would still be just as sweet
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic <carb> 97 mpv, 2003 tiburon<supercharged>
OK IM AN IDIOT.WITH THAT SAID, I NEED HELP...I WAS MESSING WITH MY CARB AND LIKE AN IDIOT, I STARTED UNSCREWING MY FUEL SCREW.. THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU MORE OR LESS?.. AND NOW IT IS LEAKING GAS, AND MY CAR WONT START.. I WANTS TO TURN OVER,BUT IT WONT CRANK, I CAN TELL IM GOING TO GET LAUGHED AT WITH THIS, BUT PLEASE HELP...
CHRIS<IDIOT> unsure.gif

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Are you talking about the air/fuel mixture screw on the rear of the carb?
or the float bowl screw on the top ?
or the idle leen/rich screw on the linkage?

Thanx

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
2 words! teflon tape wink.gif

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
Can you just put the screw back in?

What did the screw look like? Did it have a pointed end? how long was it? Did you use a philips or flathead screw driver?

I wouldnt try to start the car till i got it fixed. You should take a picture or steal a picture of the carb and show what screw you screwed up tongue.gif I kid, I kid...

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

87Hybrid

• Too Many Projects Too Little Time
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 1987 Civic hatch, 85 Civic Sedan, 76 Blazer,2000 Jetta
    • Image Gallery
If it wants to turn over but can't you might want to pull the plugs out and see if you filled a cylinder up with gas.
"AAAHHH Teamsters, If only I could be as lazy and surley as a Teamster."  Homer Simpson

87 Hybrid hatchback and 85 sedan.
user posted image
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

3rdgen

• PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic &lt;carb&gt; 97 mpv, 2003 tiburon&lt;supercharged&gt;
OK.. ITS THE FLOAT BOWL SCREW...ON TOP.. FLATHEAD...DOESNT COME ALL THE WAY OUT..BUT LEAKS WHEN OR WAS RUNNING..DAMN IT
ph34r.gif

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
where is it leaking out of...
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ok so you say it wont come out? and if you screw it back in all the way , does it still leak from around the threads?

Seems to me (but has been a long time) that it needs to be about 2.5 turns out
But I could be wrong.

If it leaks from around then you will need to get it out and silcone up the threads with a gas resistant sealant

3rdgen

• PipPip
LEAKING FROM AROUND SCREW...IM LOOKNG AT IT NOW

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (3rdgen @ Nov 14 2004, 10:21 AM)
LEAKING FROM AROUND SCREW...IM LOOKNG AT IT NOW

sad.gif that sucks maybe the treads are cross threaded and worn out sad.gif

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah your best bet would be to either risk it and rip the screw out and seal it back up or if it is crossthreaded, try to yank it out and reindex the threads.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
Same thing happened to me. Unscrewed the float screw 1/2 turn and gas started pouring out around it. So i fingered in some gasket sealant around the top of the screw(Without taking the screw out) and the leak stopped. A week later, out of curiosity, i removed the sealant and it still did not leak.I think what happened is that by turning the screw, it disturbed the o-ring (Probably slightly deformed the o-ring since it hasn't been moved in 20 years) and took time for it to reseal itself. Been no leaks for over a month now. smile.gif

Ed
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
Some RTV silicone (red, blue, or grey--not clear) would work as a temporary fix if there is not gas constantly dripping from around the screw, otherwise it may not dry right and still leak. If there is gas constantly commin from the place...some chewed bubble gum might work wink.gif .

RTV is not gas resistant, but I've found that it holds up (i used grey). as for the type of bubble gum...I think bazooka joe or bubble double would work the besst wink.gif

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

3rdgen

• PipPip
YEAH, PART OF MY PROBLEM WAS THAT MY BATTERY WAS GOING DEAD TOO, SO WHEN ALL THIS HAPPENED I THOUGHT I HAD REALLY FUDGEKED THIS THING UP.WELL ALL IS WELL NOW, AND I USED A GOOD SEALANT THAT IS GAS PROOF<<AT FIRST, I USED GORILLA GLUE, WHICH WORKED GREAT, BUT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT IT>>AFTER I BREATHED LIFE BACK INTO MY RIDE, I THEN CORRECTLY TUNED HER CARB AND TIGHTENED HIS SUSPENSION, AND WASHED MY PRIMERED LOVE OF MY LIFE. AND I MUST SAY, IT cool.gif IS RUNNING LIKE A FREAKIN 73H.P. CHAMP...I HAVE SURVIVED MY FIRST CRISIS WITH MY CIVIC AND ITS THANKS TO EVERYONE AT RPR THAT I KEPT MY SANITY...THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS...'PREICIATE IT.
CHRIS

DarkHand

When I adjusted my float level a little gas came out from around the screw too. It only was a little moist around the threads... I didn't have any major leaking problems though. I'm rebuilding my carb right now and you can't remove the screw from the top... It's part of the entire float pin assembly and it has to be removed from the bottom with the carb taken apart. Once you've got your float level set, some gas resistant sealant over the top of the screw as was mentioned sounds like your best bet.

This is probably why the service manual says to not turn the screw any faster than 1/8th turn every 15 seconds.

Edited by DarkHand, 15 November 2004 - 09:25 AM.

DarkHand