←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

Finally, I Get To Work On My Car...

rpr's Photo rpr 27 Mar 2004

Should be an interesting swap.... smile.gif

Looks good in there, doesn't it?

Stock Civic front mount, 2 out of 3 is ok, right?

Need to clearance the tranny mount:

And no, I'm not actually using that engine, it's just there for mock up of the mounts and axles. And yes, the engine bay will be cleaned and detailed...less than a month to get it ready... smile.gif

ImprtRcr02's Photo ImprtRcr02 28 Mar 2004

Looks good... well not right now, being dirty and all, but ya know. Cant wait to see that thing all clean and swapped. Should be awesome.

ImprtRcr02

bevboyy's Photo bevboyy 28 Mar 2004

Lucky you - you have a garage you can manouvre about in.....

J.C.:-)

CRXdan's Photo CRXdan 28 Mar 2004

Very cool. what does the rear tranny mount look like?

sdubfid's Photo sdubfid 28 Mar 2004

is that a d16a6 motor? if so you have to make 1 mount for it right?

rpr's Photo rpr 28 Mar 2004

QUOTE (sdubfid @ Mar 28 2004, 02:39 AM)
is that a d16a6 motor?  if so you have to make 1 mount for it right?

Yes it's an A6, and no, it's more like all 4 that you have to make/modify in some way. It will be a combination of 87, 90, and 92 Civic mounts in one form or another.

sdubfid's Photo sdubfid 28 Mar 2004

I thought in a previous post that you could put the d16 trannny on and that would take care of 2 mounts? Anyways nice work

rpr's Photo rpr 28 Mar 2004

QUOTE (sdubfid @ Mar 28 2004, 02:35 PM)
I thought in a previous post that you could put the d16 trannny on and that would take care of 2 mounts?  Anyways nice work

No, I siad that the S20 tranny only bolted up to a D16A1 with 3 of the stock bolt locations. The whole reasons for doing this swap is around the S20 tranny. I am doing whatever I need to to get that tranny in the car! This seems like the best route at the time...we'll see... smile.gif

Rampage's Photo Rampage 28 Mar 2004

Tom,

I am not familiar with the S20 transmission, could you explain what it is?

I was seriously wondering what gains you expect to get out of this, especially for the labor involved.... What performance specs come out of the D16A6?

Cheers,
Mark

D16CRX's Photo D16CRX 28 Mar 2004

D16A6 Is avaliable in ANY 88-91 Civic/CRX Si. They have bolt on turbo kits and superchargers redaly avaliable, also internal mods are avaliable too, headers are made by plenty of manufacturers, and hey. If you dont like the D16A6 you could always put in A D16Z6 VTEC when that one is made to fit. biggrin.gif

rpr's Photo rpr 29 Mar 2004

QUOTE (D16CRX @ Mar 28 2004, 09:57 PM)
D16A6 Is avaliable in ANY 88-91 Civic/CRX Si. They have bolt on turbo kits and superchargers redaly avaliable, also internal mods are avaliable too, headers are made by plenty of manufacturers, and hey. If you dont like the D16A6 you could always put in A D16Z6 VTEC when that one is made to fit. biggrin.gif

Exactly. Much more aftermarket support. I already have a header and cam for it, and if I decide to change later there are many other engines I could go with, D15B, Z6, Y8, etc.

Rampage: the tranny is from the 92-95 JDM Civic VTi, with a stock factory LSD diff.

Rampage's Photo Rampage 29 Mar 2004

Makes sense now ph34r.gif

I figured it was the aftermarket support, and that the tranny was something special.... LSD.... droooooool.

Cheers,
Mark

Ghost-One's Photo Ghost-One 29 Mar 2004

excellent work i cat wait to see the finished product