←  Texas

Red Pepper Racing

»

Houston Member List

zakats's Photo zakats 05 Sep 2008

shit guys, have you ever really thought about it? there are more than enough of us for a pretty nice sized meet

houston member count:
-oldrexer
-zakats
-kanyooheerme (sp?) Jim
-sinic Eric
-Grant Bailey (since moved to NC)
-MadMax
-alphanuderek
-Texrex
-Kraker_Jax
-skullfracture
-Powerwheels86 (in the airforce now, but occasionally in Houston) JP
-crazy4kayl
-hotshoepunk, Thomas- bobdragster's brother I think he is in austin now
-84bluerex, hasnt been on in a while and apparently moved to a border town
-84crx, inactive for about 2 yrs Posted Image

Add yourself if I missed you, I know there are a few more hiding.

and really isn't that enough?
-zak
Edited by zakats, 20 May 2012 - 02:09 PM.

oldrexer's Photo oldrexer 06 Sep 2008

Dang. That could be as big as Scott's weenie roast.

zakats's Photo zakats 06 Sep 2008

QUOTE (oldrexer @ Sep 6 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang. That could be as big as Scott's weenie roast.

hmm..
maybe this fall or winter we could have a houston meet and get those snobby dallas folk to travel down here!

we could use my work's lot as meeting grounds (mech shop on nasa rd in webster), have a nice cruise out to kemah or galveston/cherry hill, bbq, etc and if we were to do this on a sunday maybe even use the lifts if we get frisky and want to install/repair something.

just a thought

if you (or ANYONE) see any recent activity from any houston local, send em a PM and ask them to chime in with a reply on the thread to get a sort of active headcount and some ideas as to when we can get everyone together.

Houston members have been hiding for too long, its time we all put some faces to names.

Texrex's Photo Texrex 06 Sep 2008

I'm still around. Sort of. I'll need notice just to make sure i see the posts. However I'm game for a meet anywhere in the area.

zakats's Photo zakats 06 Sep 2008

should notify you automatically if you check your email

badpenny's Photo badpenny 06 Sep 2008

Dang, there is one more. I gotta look for him. He was the first (bad) purchasing experience I had on RPR.

EDIT: crazy4kayl (I had the bad purchasing experience with his uncle)

oldrexer's Photo oldrexer 07 Sep 2008

QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 6 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang, there is one more. I gotta look for him. He was the first (bad) purchasing experience I had on RPR.

EDIT: crazy4kayl (I had the bad purchasing experience with his uncle)

What did you buy or sell to him?

badpenny's Photo badpenny 07 Sep 2008

QUOTE (oldrexer @ Sep 7 2008, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did you buy or sell to him?

My side of the story link here. It was years ago.

zakats's Photo zakats 07 Sep 2008

QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 7 2008, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooooooooooh so that's why you think everything in houston is rusted laugh.gif pshh whatever

badpenny's Photo badpenny 08 Sep 2008

QUOTE (zakats @ Sep 7 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooooooooooh so that's why you think everything in houston is rusted laugh.gif pshh whatever

No, thats not why. The reason I think that way is that MOST of the people that live down there, refuse to wash their autos. Then, after 20 some odd years, they throw their hands in the air and say "Its a classic" and try to sell it as if it just rolled off the showroom floor. Swiss cheese weight reduction and all.

Prime example, my uncle had a 75 Galaxy that he got from his mother, when he needed money (to get a better down payment on a car) he tried to sell me it for $1000, this was in '92 and that car was more air space than metal. If it was fabric, It would have been a sponge running down the road it had so many holes in it.

zakats's Photo zakats 13 Oct 2008

BP and Gimpalot are going to be in town on the 26th, mini meet anyone?

zakats's Photo zakats 19 Oct 2008

QUOTE (Texrex @ Sep 6 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still around. Sort of. I'll need notice just to make sure i see the posts. However I'm game for a meet anywhere in the area.

hell how about tomorrow, badpenny and gimpalot are coming in town and will be in your area... I think oldrexer just might make it out as well

zakats's Photo zakats 20 May 2012

Bump for reference.