←  3G Civic

Red Pepper Racing

»

Lilbadboy Update...

lilneedle's Photo lilneedle 29 Mar 2007

Well ...some of yall know and some don't...I finished the car...almost...lol
by the way...I have a FS topic....pm me offers...

More pics to come...

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 29 Mar 2007

Just curious, why all that work then just sell it?

lilneedle's Photo lilneedle 29 Mar 2007

I dunno....I want it...but I really really want a AE86!!!

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 29 Mar 2007

QUOTE (lilneedle @ Mar 29 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno....I want it...but I really really want a AE86!!!

yeah...watching too much initial D will do that to you

EuphoricBlue's Photo EuphoricBlue 29 Mar 2007

Just make sure you do some research on the AE86, there aren't too many of them left on the market where the seller doesn't know about its ability. Also, the engines are starting to draw a premium from what I heard. At this point a 240 is not much more than an 86 and there is more aftermarket. And you don't have to worry about being original anymore, because every kid and their dog wants an 86 to "drift" in. smile.gif

All I'm saying is find out everything about the cars if you'll be using them for drift. How much are new engines, suspension parts, aftermarket support... make sure you know what you're looking at before you get in there.

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 29 Mar 2007

QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Mar 29 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just make sure you do some research on the AE86, there aren't too many of them left on the market where the seller doesn't know about its ability. Also, the engines are starting to draw a premium from what I heard. At this point a 240 is not much more than an 86 and there is more aftermarket. And you don't have to worry about being original anymore, because every kid and their dog wants an 86 to "drift" in. smile.gif

All I'm saying is find out everything about the cars if you'll be using them for drift. How much are new engines, suspension parts, aftermarket support... make sure you know what you're looking at before you get in there.

no need to explain dude...he'll change his mind by the time you go to bed

ibcnya's Photo ibcnya 29 Mar 2007

QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Mar 29 2007, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no need to explain dude...he'll change his mind by the time you go to bed

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Needle....car looks good man. Good attention to detail.
Edited by ibcnya, 29 March 2007 - 09:24 PM.

lilneedle's Photo lilneedle 31 Mar 2007

Got a ae86!!!!

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 01 Apr 2007

Pics?

lilneedle's Photo lilneedle 02 Apr 2007

i'll have em up asap... its a 87 sr5 with no motor or tranny...

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 02 Apr 2007

You know the SR5 was the carbed one right? So you'll have to doo all the FI conversion stuff like on your Civic if you want a fast drifter.

Maine_Honda_Racer's Photo Maine_Honda_Racer 02 Apr 2007

Good, now go away and don't come back and you'll make us all a lot happier.

lilneedle's Photo lilneedle 03 Apr 2007

dude ...your getting on my nerves...say that to my face...thats all I got to say..lol

gustav129's Photo gustav129 04 Apr 2007

QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Mar 29 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you don't have to worry about being original anymore, because every kid and their dog wants an 86 to "drift" in. smile.gif

We rednecks have been "drifting" in parking lots since the 70's. Maybe the Japanese will claim they came up with the Mullet (or Skullet, which ever applies) and handle bar mustache look too.

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 05 Apr 2007

The best drifter I ever had was a 77 Toyota pickup. It drifted all the time, whether you wanted to or not. I guess I was ahead of the fad? huh.gif