←  1G CRX

Red Pepper Racing

»

Where Is The Iacv?

t25_civic's Photo t25_civic 22 Jun 2004

Could someone please post me a picture of where the hell this IACV is? My idle fluctuates while warming up and after it warms up it idles fine. Some people from crxresource.org said it could be the IACV. But I can't seem to locate it to unplug it to test.

I found this picture on the service manuals for 1g's. If its on this area, can you please highlight it, or even better could you take an actual picture of the IACV on your vehicle?

Thanks,
Nick

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 22 Jun 2004

I would start by making sure that all the air bubbles are out of your coolant system. The bleed valve is on the front part of the head by the distributor.

Scott

t25_civic's Photo t25_civic 22 Jun 2004

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 22 2004, 03:34 PM)
I would start by making sure that all the air bubbles are out of your coolant system. The bleed valve is on the front part of the head by the distributor.

Scott

Been done, but the reason I know it wasn't that is once the car warms up it idles fine. Thats what leads me to believe its the IACV. So if someone could please help me locate it I'd really appreciate it.

large pic from service manual

Nick

Hollowman's Photo Hollowman 22 Jun 2004

It's isn't shown in that pic... We just covered a similar situation here: Idle Control Valve ... Check it out... cool.gif

Search is your friend....... wink.gif