←  Appearance

Red Pepper Racing

»

My Mugen Crx! New Pics 2/28/09

funkmaster's Photo funkmaster 21 Aug 2008

bang on them in 90deg+ heat and never once had them even clip.
no issues whatsoever, and I keep that door shut/locked 99% of the time.

Some of the worlds all time best amps.

Vitamin J's Photo Vitamin J 22 Aug 2008

Damn that is a nice looking car. Looks like you're going all out on this car and it should turn out killer.

GoAt's Photo GoAt 05 Sep 2008

Man im glad you dont live near me lol your car would put mine to shame...lol Great Job On The Rex Man Its Immaculate

sly86crx's Photo sly86crx 05 Sep 2008

wow nice i need one them kits haha man it is looking good

Tim's Photo Tim 11 Jan 2009

One beautiful ride. Well done.

poweredbyhonda22's Photo poweredbyhonda22 11 Jan 2009

all you need now is some 5% tint and that would really set it off thats nice were in canada u get that kit was it in ontario by chance???

DallasCRX's Photo DallasCRX 11 Jan 2009

If it's the Houseman kit, I'm pretty sure it is, they're located in London. Check it out, www.housemanautosport.com

XPLOIT's Photo XPLOIT 12 Jan 2009

Wow man, that is awesome! Love a nice tidy rare car!

Saw one around home (In NZ), completly factory in white with CRX PRO MUGEN in between the tail lights.

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 12 Jan 2009

are those the mounts and such that were for sale on here a while back ? ifff so i hate u i tried to pm that dude a bunch of times had cash in hand and everyt hing and than some lol

car looks super great bud keep it up wink.gif

funkmaster's Photo funkmaster 12 Jan 2009

Thank you everyone for the compliements.
Yes it is the Houseman Street Kit. A faithful replica of the original Mugen Street kit, with the minor omissision of some mounting hardware and the dimple for the Mugen emblem on the front bumper cover.

Just as an FYI my total investment to take the car from stock to having the kit mounted and painted is over $5000USD and I got a really good price on the body/paint.

I have considered tinting the windows, but after owning several cars with tinted windows I think ill leave these as they are.
It does look good, but I just dont want to have it on this car.

Phatboy, yes these are probably the mounts youre referring to. I think the guy selling them was active on RPR for like 2 weeks then I havent seen him since. They were a great deal, and I couldnt pass them up.
Unfortunately I havent made any more progress on an engine/trans yet. Im saving up cash for a downpayment on a new house and newer car so the engine swap in the CRX is on the backburner for now. But thats not a big deal since the original engine only has 132K on the clock.

Current updates in the works are:
Nakamichi head unit (taking out my ugly Alpine)
Precision Power a600 Amplifier (bigger sub amp)
MMats Professional 10" Subwoofer (out with the bottom line JL)

Stay tuned for new pics coming when the weather turns nice again.

funkmaster's Photo funkmaster 28 Feb 2009

Update.
I took out my old Alpine CDA-9807 and installed a new Nakamichi CD-500.
They are both capable of playing MP3 encoded discs, have 3 sets of 4v preamps, and great sound quality.
I purchased the Nakamichi because the damn Alpine is silver, and it lights up blue.
The Nakamichi is much more stock looking, and lights up amber!
Before:

-sorry no dark pic

After: