←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

Carbon Fiber Zc Hoods!

DSK 86CRX's Photo DSK 86CRX 11 Mar 2005

hey marcus you put you need the shipping money from me, but i will be picking it up, but i have not been able to decide, fiberglass or carbon fiber.

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 11 Mar 2005

QUOTE (DSK 86CRX @ Mar 12 2005, 12:23 AM)
hey marcus you put you need the shipping money from me, but i will be picking it up, but i have not been able to decide, fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Correct...updating...

rextec's Photo rextec 12 Mar 2005

im picking mine up also.

1g Supremacy's Photo 1g Supremacy 12 Mar 2005

I may be getting an order in for a FG 1 piece ZC..Probably have to have it shipped. I'll have to see how my money's flowing before I commit. I do need one, thou..The hood's not a whole lot more then a header pannel would be.

illogic65's Photo illogic65 12 Mar 2005

hey marcus i want a c/f one piece zc hood how do i pay u

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 12 Mar 2005

QUOTE (illogic65 @ Mar 12 2005, 08:13 AM)
hey marcus i want  a c/f one piece zc hood how do i pay u

Paypal to [email protected], or call me with credit card 949-584-6659, or send a money order or check!

illogic65's Photo illogic65 12 Mar 2005

can u make anything else carbon fiber like a front lip or spoiler

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 12 Mar 2005

QUOTE (illogic65 @ Mar 12 2005, 09:50 PM)

Try not to go there. That is not what this thread is about...maybe later this year....

Airgazm86's Photo Airgazm86 12 Mar 2005

QUOTE (illogic65 @ Mar 12 2005, 04:50 PM)

Well, to help answer your question, and sorry to hi-jack but...I asked Mr. D about making something in CF last year and I was told that he has to make 10 or 15(?) of a certain piece in order to help pay for the process. I'm sure he'll get back to you later this year when he isn't busy with the hoods he's producing. And if enough interest is generated from other members, he might be able to hook you up. biggrin.gif

1g Supremacy's Photo 1g Supremacy 13 Mar 2005

Couple of quick questions. What is the aprox. shipping weight of the 'glass 1-piece ZC? What's the zip it's coming from? I'm going to see if I can figure out what shipping might be.

Also..Sorry if these've already been answered, but I didn't have time to go back and read.

Do the hoods include the framework and latch? Or does that have to come off the old hood? Does the 'Glass hood require pinning?

Thanks. It looks like I'm going to be able to get one. Look forward to doing business with you. smile.gif

Edit: Oh. You're in SoCal? In that case, I can probably pick it up. Nix the shipping.
Edited by 1g Supremacy, 13 March 2005 - 01:57 AM.

DSK 86CRX's Photo DSK 86CRX 13 Mar 2005

im almost 100% positive that the have the framework and latch in them. an i think for the one pice hoods you would need pins, im gonna get the pins anways and get rid or my latch.

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 13 Mar 2005

QUOTE (1g Supremacy @ Mar 13 2005, 06:55 AM)
Couple of quick questions. What is the aprox. shipping weight of the 'glass 1-piece ZC? What's the zip it's coming from? I'm going to see if I can figure out what shipping might be.

Also..Sorry if these've already been answered, but I didn't have time to go back and read.

Do the hoods include the framework and latch? Or does that have to come off the old hood? Does the 'Glass hood require pinning?

Thanks. It looks like I'm going to be able to get one. Look forward to doing business with you. smile.gif

Edit: Oh. You're in SoCal? In that case, I can probably pick it up. Nix the shipping.

Ship wieght I am not sure but the hood itself is like 6 lbs. Coming from 92692. And if you are thinking about heckling me about shipping cost, please don't. It is what it is. Shipping, packaging, and handling is $125.

Yes and yes. Basically, it is just like a stock hood underneath, including the hinges and latch. I suggest using pins on any nonmetal hood.

Thanks smile.gif

Yes, socal, and meets are totally doable.

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 13 Mar 2005

marcus do you have a picture or can you make one of the underside of the hood.

so one pic of a hood non mounted top and botom.. or one on a car mounted ?

and what is the weigt and size of one hood if i need the dimensions for shipping..
im trying to get 6 hoods in one box to the netherlands and i needs some weights and dimensions.

Greetings Erwin.

down4ce's Photo down4ce 14 Mar 2005

QUOTE (illogic65 @ Mar 12 2005, 04:50 PM)
can u make anything else carbon fiber like a front lip

I got that one wink.gif

CRXfanatic's Photo CRXfanatic 15 Mar 2005

Markus, I have a question.

How difficult would it be to make a 1 piece hood that goes all the way across in the header panel area to take the place of the headlights, then the hardcore racers could just put stickers to represent the headlights... It would be really clean!