Red Pepper Racing

»

The Not So Super Build

JDN14's Photo JDN14 11 Jul 2005

QUOTE (jsgprod @ Jul 11 2005, 09:14 AM)

sweet, thanks!

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 11 Jul 2005

QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 30 2005, 02:43 PM)
dude, those impacts are the shit. better than any air impact i have ever seen. only downfall is that they are pretty much disposable. just a little advice, it will work a lot better if the battery is in a car thats running because you get a little more voltage to the impact which makes it twice as powerful.

i dont think he could have done that for a super obvious reason.....

crxls's Photo crxls 11 Jul 2005

QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jul 11 2005, 08:14 PM)
dude, those impacts are the shit. better than any air impact i have ever seen. only downfall is that they are pretty much disposable. just a little advice, it will work a lot better if the battery is in a car thats running because you get a little more voltage to the impact which makes it twice as powerful.

he owns something like 36 cars.....

JDN14's Photo JDN14 12 Jul 2005

QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 11 2005, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jul 11 2005, 08:14 PM)

he owns something like 36 cars.....

ive only got two at the house....so far ph34r.gif
Two more will eventually make their way out.

-=Playboy=-'s Photo -=Playboy=- 12 Jul 2005

QUOTE (JDN169 @ Jul 11 2005, 08:42 AM)
Ok, still looking for the best way to remove the rear quarters and what's left of the front windshield.

Other than guitar string, what is there?

enjoy,

Jacques

I got half a window out like that, went through my whole guitar sad.gif the strings kept breaking after a while, I also used a hot air gun and sharp bladed Stanley knife and screwdriver...but that took ages.

JDN14's Photo JDN14 05 Aug 2005

Ok, i've been lazy lately.

I finished off most of the sound deadener and removed the front windshield. Pics to come soon.

Now i've hit another problem. I can't get my lower rear shock mount bolts out. I seem to have gotten the driver's side one out of the nut on the one side but now it seems to be just spinning....is there some trick im missing?

thanks,

Jacques

hoopty dx's Photo hoopty dx 06 Aug 2005

are you puting the socket on the nut and hold the bolthead side with another wrench?

when I took mine off I snapped the bolts trying to get them off.. stupid rust
Edited by 84 Hoopty, 06 August 2005 - 12:07 AM.

JDN14's Photo JDN14 06 Aug 2005

QUOTE (84 Hoopty @ Aug 6 2005, 12:06 AM)
are you puting the socket on the nut and hold the bolthead side with another wrench?

when I took mine off I snapped the bolts trying to get them off.. stupid rust

yeah, im holding the nut with vice grips. They've been out before so i dont know why they're being such a pain....

thanks,

Jacques

zakats's Photo zakats 06 Aug 2005

(butthead's voice) you said your nutts are being a pain laugh.gif

JDN14's Photo JDN14 09 Aug 2005

adding to the wonderful world of pain in the ass nuts and bolts, i stripped one of the screws holding the front disc on....any way to remove the disc without taking that screw out.

thanks,

Jacques

rpr's Photo rpr 09 Aug 2005

Drill out the head, and possibly some of the shaft of the screw. No need to replace it.

JDN14's Photo JDN14 09 Aug 2005

QUOTE (rpr @ Aug 9 2005, 02:26 PM)
Drill out the head, and possibly some of the shaft of the screw. No need to replace it.

cool, thanks. Now i need to get a drill laugh.gif

JDN14's Photo JDN14 19 Sep 2005

Front struts out. Want 'em? Check out my Konig FS thread to find out how they can be yours:

Windshield long gone:

Almost everthing off...:

i still need an air compressor.....if only someone would buy my wheels (hint, hint. Wink, wink laugh.gif ).

enjoy,

Jacques

JDN14's Photo JDN14 13 Oct 2005

Well, it's done. In case you havent noticed, im parting the car out. Im buying a CRX with most of the stuff i wanted to do already done so i cant justify spending the time and money on this project.

RIP Big Red

badpenny's Photo badpenny 13 Oct 2005

QUOTE (JDN169 @ Oct 13 2005, 05:05 PM)
Well, it's done.  In case you havent noticed, im parting the car out.  Im buying a CRX with most of the stuff i wanted to do already done so i cant justify spending the time and money on this project.

RIP Big Red

Did you ever get the rust situation solved in the rex?

J<----- Looking for a way to get the chasis to k-fishes house.