←  Carbs

Red Pepper Racing

»

Installing A Weber 32/36 Dgev On A 87 Hond...

sslgreg's Photo sslgreg 10 Jan 2011

QUOTE (PuddleSkipper @ Dec 8 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about the computer though? and yes my car is the standard 84-87 US model with the K726 Weber kit on it. I was looking at the bottom of the intake manifold when I had it off and was cleaning it and noticed the way the intake runners are routed on this particular manifold I don't think it matters which way the carb is mounted. I do have pics but for some reason have never been able to post them.

None of the carburetor equipped Civics/CRXs have computers. The solenoids in the emissions box are vacuum-operated - when the vacuum reaches a set level, the solenoid is triggered to do whatever it's set to do. If there were a computer, there would be a port to plug a reader or computer into. Modern vehicles do the same thing, except they use an electronic sensor at the vacuum source (or intake or exhaust - whatever is being measured), and send the information to the computer via wire. Fewer vacuum hoses means fewer hard-to-trace (and diagnose) leaks.

rileyescobar's Photo rileyescobar 02 Oct 2011

QUOTE (sslgreg @ Jan 10 2011, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of the carburetor equipped Civics/CRXs have computers. The solenoids in the emissions box are vacuum-operated - when the vacuum reaches a set level, the solenoid is triggered to do whatever it's set to do. If there were a computer, there would be a port to plug a reader or computer into. Modern vehicles do the same thing, except they use an electronic sensor at the vacuum source (or intake or exhaust - whatever is being measured), and send the information to the computer via wire. Fewer vacuum hoses means fewer hard-to-trace (and diagnose) leaks.

actually, that's not right,The HF has a computer,and the vac boxes have electronic vac controllers and vac pumps

Sorry to revive an old thread.

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 02 Oct 2011

Not a bad thread to revive.

Mines up for sale.

bigboi407's Photo bigboi407 16 Oct 2011

when i ran my weber on my 87 CRX DX, had D15A2 w/ 213k miles, i noticed that when i hit the gas that the carb would shoot out some white vapors, im guessing gas??, would the Cat not being gutted have something to do with this?? if not then why did my carb do this??

monkeey's Photo monkeey 16 Oct 2011

QUOTE (bigboi407 @ Oct 16 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i ran my weber on my 87 CRX DX, had D15A2 w/ 213k miles, i noticed that when i hit the gas that the carb would shoot out some white vapors, im guessing gas??, would the Cat not being gutted have something to do with this?? if not then why did my carb do this??

when i was having trouble getting everything running correct, i would get those puffs of white when it would die , idk

bigboi407's Photo bigboi407 16 Oct 2011

QUOTE (monkeey @ Oct 16 2011, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i was having trouble getting everything running correct, i would get those puffs of white when it would die , idk

woudnt die, ran just fine before i took it out, but it only put out that white vapors when going over 4-5k RPMs

rileyescobar's Photo rileyescobar 20 Oct 2011

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Oct 2 2011, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a bad thread to revive.

Mines up for sale.

How many dollars,My good sir?

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 20 Oct 2011

QUOTE (rileyescobar @ Oct 20 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many dollars,My good sir?

Sold it for 200 including the ported manifold/devaced and throttle return spring and bracket.

monkeey's Photo monkeey 21 Oct 2011

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Oct 20 2011, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sold it for 200 including the ported manifold/devaced and throttle return spring and bracket.

thats a great deal !!

Smokescreem's Photo Smokescreem 12 May 2012

Nice job !

eddy6984's Photo eddy6984 11 Oct 2013

hey i just installed the weber on my 84 1.5, got the air/fuel mixture screw and the trottle screw dialed in what i beleive is correct, but now when i turn it off it diesels down and "knocks" and i have no clue at all why it is doing this i need some advice, i dont know much bout cars. i did the devac tried my best off of pics i could find on this site maybe if someone has does this same set up if they could shoot me some pics or something.

AlexCine7d's Photo AlexCine7d 22 Dec 2013

Just finished devacing my car, I broke a bolt on the manifold so I'm getting that out next, kinda holding it off till I get other simpler things finished first. I have a few questions... 

Where does the valve cover hose go now that it no longer has a place to go? Do i just leave it be or plug it up? Also theres a hose going from the manifold and does a 180 straight down and plugs into somewhere on the block i believe... Do i keep this?

hounter90's Photo hounter90 23 Dec 2013

Alex, just put an autozone filter on the valve cover hose and the hose that does a 180 goes to your PCV valve, leave it hooked up.

Eddy, you probably dont habe the mixture set right. Try richening the mixture a bit and see if it gets better/worse and adjust accordingly. I had the same problem with mine when I did it and after readjusting the mixture the problem stopped

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

1987wagon's Photo 1987wagon 22 May 2014

I have a 87 civic wagon and swapping the engine from a 86 crx dx engine code ew1.if i do a weber conversion which one do I need and do I do away with most of the vacuum lines

rockosocko's Photo rockosocko 19 Jun 2014

BUT. No one talks about the aux port to the intake valve..

If they're all coked up and poopy, it won't matter how much you spend on a carb/carbs, it's gonna run like crap

since the tracts are basically plugged.

messed with these for decades with the cvcc stuff.

The best I cam up with is to use some 3/16" cable (fray the end for about 1/2"), put in a cordless drill and have it rotate the same way as the 'twist' and force it in to clean the coke/carbon out.

Keep doing this til it flushes clean.

E