←  Vendor Listings

Red Pepper Racing

»

Medieval-pro Rear Wing (1g Crx)

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Dec 18 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uh. guys. i don't think he's going to be able to make one for a hatch so stop askin. don't mess up the thread for the crx guys.. JEESE.. ph34r.gif

I can but I need a hatch here with a wing on it.

Anyone want to road trip?

Marcus

E-AT_me's Photo E-AT_me 18 Dec 2007

i'd love to and i have a mugen wing, but it's not in the best of shape.... nor is my car running at the moment. sad.gif

Jaminak's Photo Jaminak 18 Dec 2007

Count me in for a fiberglass wing.

What is the best way to cover the lower holes from the Si wing? DX non-wing hatches will be in demand!

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (Jaminak @ Dec 18 2007, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Count me in for a fiberglass wing.

What is the best way to cover the lower holes from the Si wing? DX non-wing hatches will be in demand!

When I removed my rear wiper I used a rubber plug to fill that hole and I expect to do the same with the new CF wing. I know this may not be pleasing to some people, but looks are the least of my concern (and fortunately for me, my wife as well).

The main reason I am getting the CF "Mugen" wing is to reduce weight. I hope to save about 10 pounds.

Scott

DEIVIONCRX's Photo DEIVIONCRX 18 Dec 2007

Man somebodys gota have a spare hatch, and a wing for marcus. Who supplyed the wing for the last set of molds to be made? Maybe you could get lil buddy to let you borrow his old one since hes got 2 i think.

Omega Mugen's Photo Omega Mugen 18 Dec 2007

I have a full Houseman Mugen kit and would be very interested in having a wing to match. It is my policy though, not to make any promises until you are ready to ship.

E-AT_me's Photo E-AT_me 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 18 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The main reason I am getting the CF "Mugen" wing is to reduce weight. I hope to save about 10 pounds.

Scott

how so when the new one will be foam-filled too? why not run wingless or just the DX plastic wing?

funkmaster's Photo funkmaster 18 Dec 2007

b/c even though he probably wont admit it, Scott wants his car to look cool just like everyone else!

1gencrx's Photo 1gencrx 18 Dec 2007

Exactly what I was thinking. Why not just leave the spoiler off then. Or better yet get an 85 DX hatch; no spoiler and no 3rd brake light if you really want to shave weight.

1994rm250's Photo 1994rm250 18 Dec 2007

forget it ill just build it its easy'r for me.. i am doing the same wing that u r ....lol what size graphite u using and the lay up and what resins ?

QUOTE (1994rm250 @ Dec 18 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
forget it ill just build it its easy'r for me.. i am doing the same wing that u r ....lol what size graphite u using and the lay up and what resins ?

Competition?

How should I perceive this posting?

Shood I b worri'd bout a person who cant spell and dont no grammar?

SuperTwinz's Photo SuperTwinz 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Dec 18 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can but I need a hatch here with a wing on it.

Anyone want to road trip?

Marcus
I have both (OEM Honda Access and Mugen) wings in MINT shape and you can use my car.

DEIVIONCRX's Photo DEIVIONCRX 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (SuperTwinz @ Dec 18 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have both (OEM Honda Access and Mugen) wings in MINT shape and you can use my car.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 18 Dec 2007

QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Dec 18 2007, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how so when the new one will be foam-filled too? why not run wingless or just the DX plastic wing?

Damn.... I am hoping to make a weight savings here..... unsure.gif

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 19 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn.... I am hoping to make a weight savings here..... unsure.gif

Most weight savings = run no wing.

Although I am pretty sure this wing will be lighter than the Si one. I was amazed myself how heavy the stock Si one is.

Actually, even the mugen foam wing is VERY light. There must be some sort of metal backing or reinforcement in the Si one.

Maybe instead of filling with foam we can come up with some brackets or something. Honestly it might impact the cost too much. The "shell" of the wing we made is really light, maybe 1-2 lbs. But I am not sure how heavy it will get with the foam. Perhaps up to 5-6 lbs at the most?

Marcus