87 Crx Short Shifter

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

luv'n old skewl

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
is there any way i could fit a 88 crx short shifter on an 87 crx? the one for the 87 crx its 100+ and the one for 88 its around 40. i heard the one for the 88 its slighly different and that you could sand it down just a lil til it fits. is it true?

1styearSI

• first year SI
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 civic SI SOLDI, 92 accord ex SOLD,84 yamaha virago 95 FIREBIRD FORMULA RAM AIR,2014 civic lx
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (luv'n old skewl @ Jun 29 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there any way i could fit a 88 crx short shifter on an 87 crx? the one for the 87 crx its 100+ and the one for 88 its around 40. i heard the one for the 88 its slighly different and that you could sand it down just a lil til it fits. is it true?

yes you can you need to use the plastic stuff that's on the 88 and it will work just fine the thing i'm talking about goes around the ball on the shifter you don't have to sand anything use the one on the 88 drop it in there may be a large plastic washer in the top of the 87 you will need to use that.i got a bride short throw in my 86 si that is for a 88/91 i paid 9 bucks for it on e-bay on a buy it now it was brand new 40 seems high you need to get one from egay i have the piece you need from a 88/91 i sell it for 8 bucks shipped there is a few posts about it
just but this http://cgi.ebay.com/...1...A1|240:1318

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
yeah but there's nothing like having the real deal short shifter for your whip.. or at least the last of it's kind... :'-(

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

Vicious

QUOTE (PowerWheels86 @ Jun 29 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah but there's nothing like having the real deal short shifter for your whip.. or at least the last of it's kind... :'-(

werd i have one for sale if you want it pm me wink.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
Can someone tell me why the DC short shifter made for the first gen CRX is so much money if the 2nd gen shifter works fine? Also, can someone give a little more detailed discription of how to install the 2nd gen shifter into a 1st gen Rex? Maybe pics? Thanks.
Build Thread- Here

luv'n old skewl

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
QUOTE (Vicious @ Jun 29 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
werd i have one for sale if you want it pm me wink.gif

how much are u askin for it?? rolleyes.gif

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Jun 29 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone tell me why the DC short shifter made for the first gen CRX is so much money if the 2nd gen shifter works fine? Also, can someone give a little more detailed discription of how to install the 2nd gen shifter into a 1st gen Rex? Maybe pics? Thanks.

1. because try to find a DC shifter for ANY honda now.. If it ain't on E-bay it don't exist.
2 The 88-00 DC was the same price when it was available.
3. The Name and rarity baby.lol

I like mine I have one I just ripped out and installed.. And one on the wall of shame. (the other one out of box is a megan 88-00)

1styearSI

• first year SI
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic SI SOLDI, 92 accord ex SOLD,84 yamaha virago 95 FIREBIRD FORMULA RAM AIR,2014 civic lx
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Jun 29 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i found pics on line before but i can't find them now dammit man.but i can tell you i used the 2g shifter i pulled it from my 91 rex before i sold it and the plastic that goes around the pivot point shown in the pics in this thread is black i used the white plastic one in the 91 rex and it worked fine the black one pictured is for the smaller ball so when you try to use it it won't go in but as i said the white one is for a larger ball an works like a champ hell i put my stock 1g shifter in my 2g with the black plastic and sold the car. i would never pay all that money for a shifter when you do it with the white piece you can't tell the difference i promice you kaymo did the same thing everyone should do it the 2g shifters are for so many years and tegs and they made like 4 million for 3 million cars so they are a dime a dozen i would like to see one or the guys with a 1g shifter put the 2g in with the white plastic and tell me they can tell a difference because i seriously doubt they could the only difference is the size of the pivot ball and when you change the plastic out to a newer one it fixes that. the 2g is held in with 2 10mm nuts and the 1g is a snap ring the snap ring is kinda a bitch do your self a favor get snap-ring pliers from harbor freight

Vicious

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 30 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. because try to find a DC shifter for ANY honda now.. If it ain't on E-bay it don't exist.
2 The 88-00 DC was the same price when it was available.
3. The Name and rarity baby.lol

I like mine I have one I just ripped out and installed.. And one on the wall of shame. (the other one out of box is a megan 88-00)

header should be in my closet you bastard

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Jun 30 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
header should be in my closet you bastard

The 2nd gen short shifters are angled more too. The ball is slightly bigger as stated that is why you have to use the correct 88-up ring..

Oh yes that is a Jackson racing header BTW.. courtesy of Vicious' slacking off..

AndrewSi

• SeeArghh-Ex
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 29 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it ain't on E-bay it don't exist.

haha when i was looking for a dc header i posted and wtb ad on cl and some guy kept emailing me saying that same thing that over and over lol.
Hmmmm.

then you responded to my ad and i lowballed hoping that the person did not know what they had LOL

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
So if I were to buy a second gen short shifter, where can I get the cup that will make it fit in my 1st gen?
Build Thread- Here