Honda S2000 Cluster In A 3g

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

terrafox

Hi guys! Found a s2000 cluster on ebay an i was wondering if its possible to istall such a cluster in a 3G SI? What would it take? Anyone done it?

Regards R.A.

Edited by terrafox, 12 October 2005 - 07:16 PM.

If you need EDM stuff - Just ask due to popular demand I will also state that I am willing to look for EDM parts nomatter what car its for, example: Vw/Mazda/BMW

EDM SALES TREAD HERE

I need race/performance parts if you have any PM me

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
you see what you have to do is get a whole s2000,say, one that was rear ended for instance.

then you put the Full harness and engine and use that cluster and all the s2k stuff

thats one way i can think of

prolly not gonna happen otherwise with all the spedd is generated diferently and what not.
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i just wanna know why? this is the kinda stuff you see the kids in 96+ civic's doing.

anyway, i would imagine it could be wired up pretty easy for everything except for the speedo. for this speedo you would need to eliminate the cable all together and use an electronic VSS. you might be able to use on that goes on the transmission from a 92 or newer civic. then you would need a computer that reads electronic VSS, maybe the 86-89 integra ecu? thats all i can say.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
this site does it in an 88+CRX.. may help!

http://www.marklamond.co.uk/
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

terrafox

thanks for the input in looking onto it. Am I the only one who thinks it could be cool?
If you need EDM stuff - Just ask due to popular demand I will also state that I am willing to look for EDM parts nomatter what car its for, example: Vw/Mazda/BMW

EDM SALES TREAD HERE

I need race/performance parts if you have any PM me

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
yeah i think it would be cool
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

nominous

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 4WD Shuttle - Benson D16Z6 and BIG turbo
Mark is still working on it.
He is a perfectionist.
He wants to make sure that it works 100% before he starts selling the conversion boxes.
Suffice to say it aint at all easy to get the features to work. Everything is different from he other hondas.
Those ones you might have seen will have some features on the cluster not working, or have a K20 and ECu in anyway.

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
...then you can redline your maD tite EW to 9K RPM y0!

blink.gif

j
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
personaly i wouldnt do it because of the lag, digital clusters have always sucked IMO

if you want a cool cluster do a Civic Type R or Integra Type R
Posted Image

nominous

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 4WD Shuttle - Benson D16Z6 and BIG turbo
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Oct 19 2005, 05:42 PM)
personaly i wouldnt do it because of the lag, digital clusters have always sucked IMO

Lag?

You think your OEM analogue RPM counter is accurate? wink.gif

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
No less accurate than an aftermarket. There's nothing mysterious about tachs. Frequency to voltage conversion. Count the sparks, and you know the rpm. You can make one for about $20. LED tachs have such little delay that your eye can't possibly notice the diff. In fact, the delay can't be anymore than a meter delay. Previous versions sucked because they used numbers, which makes it hard for your mind to track engine speed change. The S2000 uses a digital meter, which is the same as a needle, but with lights. No worries. I think this would be a waste of time and money, but to each his own.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (nominous @ Oct 20 2005, 04:10 AM)
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Oct 19 2005, 05:42 PM)

Lag?

You think your OEM analogue RPM counter is accurate? wink.gif

no i know analog tach's lag or are just wrong, the s2k tach is probbaly pretty dead on by what mark said

i was talking more to the speedometer, every car ive ever seen the speedo skips like a bitch when your on it, like 4,15,24,34,46,60, ect
Posted Image

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
Please explain how you figure analog tachs lag more or are completely off compared to an LED tach.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
the tag is gona lag no matter what its simple electronics

ive never seen a OEM tach be right, there close but usualy 200-300 rpm off, if you wanted to be crazy, hook up your stock tach, and get 3-4 aftermarket tachs, defi, autometere, faze, sunpro ect... and i bet every one of them will read different
Posted Image

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Actually, it's simple electromagnetics. The meter lags only by the time needed for the field to run through the windings and create a deflection. Considering that electromagnetic fields propagate at the speed of light, that time delay is pretty much unnoticeable. Hence why even the most expensive aftermarket tachs still use a meter. The LEDs in a "digital" tach also have a delay. They do not turn on instantly. Never mind the fact that the signal has to run through an additional circuit to determine at what voltage level to turn each LED on. Look at the specs of a meter sometime, and you'll notice they turn on pretty darn quick.

As far as whether an OEM tach is wrong vs aftermarket, the better question is, how do you know the OEM is wrong? If every one of the tachs is going to read differently, then which is right? Did you take the time to count the sparks at idle? Regardless of minor inconsistencies between OEM and aftermarket tachs, how does that make an analog meter so poor?