• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
I was just wondering which magazines you guys subscribe to. Are there any good Honda magazines that focus more on older stuff like ours, or are we just stuck with Honda Tuning and things like that? I'm tired of reading about swaps and mods of new cars I'll never own dry.gif

Names of some good magazines would be greatly appreciated!
Build Thread- Here

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
japanese nostalgic car!!! not very big. and only 3 issues so far... and not much honda coverage... but i love the magazine!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I get Grassroots Motorsports, since the early '90s. Autocross reviews of the 1st gen CRX were one reason I bought my 1st one (in 1994). As I recall, it was suggested as being competitive in Stock, Street Prepared, and Prepared classes.

These days, I get my subscription "free", with my NASA membership.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The Economist and The New Yorker. Plus we get the L.A. Times and Variety delivered every day. The wife gets Vanity Fair which is not too bad for a foophy girl's magazine.

Oh! car magazines. Autoweek and Car Craft (because I can remember when those car were new and they threw in a free wall clock that I needed for my garage).

I used to subscribe to Honda Tuning, but that magazine is disappearing before our eyes. RIP HT.

QUOTE (kedwards @ Jan 31 2010, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Grassroots Motorsports... Autocross reviews of the 1st gen CRX were one reason I bought my (mine). As I recall, it was suggested as being competitive in Stock, Street Prepared, and Prepared classes.

Yep, me too. I specifically remember one headline on the cover that said, "Go Fast Cheaply!" They featured a few different used cars that would be suitable for performance driving and prominently featured the 1st Gen CRX Si. I found my car within a few months after reading that article.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Jan 31 2010, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
japanese nostalgic car!!! not very big. and only 3 issues so far... and not much honda coverage... but i love the magazine!

This looks relevant to my interests. Thanks. I just ordered the back-issues and a subscription.

sig1.jpg

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Crx SI, 06 Ford Focus, 08 Ford E-150
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jan 31 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Economist and The New Yorker. Plus we get the L.A. Times and Variety delivered every day. The wife gets Vanity Fair which is not too bad for a foophy girl's magazine.

Oh! car magazines. Autoweek and Car Craft (because I can remember when those car were new and they threw in a free wall clock that I needed for my garage).

I used to subscribe to Honda Tuning, but that magazine is disappearing before our eyes. RIP HT.

Yep, me too. I specifically remember one headline on the cover that said, "Go Fast Cheaply!" They featured a few different used cars that would be suitable for performance driving and prominently featured the 1st Gen CRX Si. I found my car within a few months after reading that article.

Scott

What no more honda tuning? Can you still subscribe?
I paint my hood black for that carbon fiber look!!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Jan 31 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What no more honda tuning? Can you still subscribe?

I was waxing metaphorically. HT is still in business, but just barely and I expect them to fold soon. Editorial content shrinks with every issue because ad sales are dwindling. And why are ad sales down? Because most consumers would rather buy a Chinese knock-off on eBay than pay full retail to the company that did all the R&D.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

C8V6C

Pretty soon, everything will be online anyways...

But I get motor trend and car and driver...used to study them for work. Now, I won't be renewing...

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Sport Compact Car before they died... HT just sucks now. Every EK has a K20, Every EG has a K20, and the gutted interior/full cage look is apparantly the only way to go now...

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Mine are Grassroots Motorsports and freebie subscriptions from Motor Trend and Car & Driver (Bathroom material).

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1gencrx @ Jan 31 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This looks relevant to my interests. Thanks. I just ordered the back-issues and a subscription.

make sure to hang out on there forum. there magazines have been coming very slowly. i consider them a TMR for old school japanese cars. anyone who knows who TMR is, is old school. smile.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

84crxproject

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 honda crx
project car. they basically use honda's in all the issues. they do low budget and high budget projects.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ahh, the good ol' days... Just can't get cool stuff like this anymore...

I also have a bunch of old GRM stuff here;

http://www.redpepper...natic/album470/

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I only get Honda Tuning now, I use to get Super Street, Turbo and SCC a few years ago. Mags are all pulling the disapearing act and going all online. I miss the old days. sad.gif

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

Vicious

HT only but i don't subscribe just whenever i can find it or when a pepper is in there. I love paper media but sadly its dying off sad.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.