W3rrd's Content

There have been 2 items by W3rrd (Search limited from 26-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#553817 Fuel Problem, 1986 Crx Si Not Starting, Help!

Posted by W3rrd on 08 May 2013 - 03:16 PM in 1G CRX

Bump. Help appreciated!

#553447 Fuel Problem, 1986 Crx Si Not Starting, Help!

Posted by W3rrd on 29 April 2013 - 12:04 PM in 1G CRX

Hey there everyone, I have a problem. I replaced my gas tank because the old rusty one was leaking and fell out. The tank wasn't exactly for a 1g so I had to modify the lines a bit and jerry rig it. 

At this time I also replaced the fuel filter. Then the alternator ceased up too..so i removed the serp. belt for now. Anyway, First the fuel pump wasn't working. I then removed the regulator from it and put it back on, now it pumps. I drove it about 5 miles, and it stuttered and shut off. 

It's at home now, and it just cranks and cranks and won't fire. Sometimes it almost fires but never does. There is spark, there is air, and fuel comes out the top of the filter when I remove the pressure release screw. I checked the fuses under the dash and none are blown. Ground wire to thermostat is good as well.

I know pictures would really be of help, but the car is 30 miles away at my Dads. I took the "cap" off of the end of the right side of the fuel rail (2 bolts) and gas doesn't come out of there. So now I'm really confused. No one around here knows Honda's so I really would appreciate some help on this!

Thanks,

Coll