TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs's Content

There have been 114 items by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs (Search limited from 28-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288038 Fs: Edm Rear Foglights

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 02 September 2006 - 10:24 AM in FS

QUOTE (hotshoepunk @ Sep 2 2006, 08:02 AM)
Are the rear fog lights still availible?

Thanks

Sorry dude, they're sold.

#281953 Fs: Edm Rear Foglights

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 12 August 2006 - 04:14 PM in FS

PM sent

#274132 Factory Service Manual 87 Integra

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 14 July 2006 - 10:22 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (Kurt @ Jul 14 2006, 05:49 PM)
I have a honda factory sevice manual for 84 civic. It's a great book for diagnosing problems etc but now I have a 87 integra cylinder head and ecu running my hydra motor. It'd be great to have a service manual with specs for setting up tuning, diagnosing problems, etc. I've had a look under service manuals on this site, there doesn't seem to be anything for an 87 integra. Does anyone know where you could download something or personally have a manual where someone could put some of this information on line? In particular, the engine and ecu specs/diagnostics as I think it would help others on the forum with integra swaps.

I think I still have my Integra manual. I'll have to see what year it is, though. If I do, I'll message you.

#245257 I Feel... Dirty.

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 09 April 2006 - 10:32 PM in General Posts

I will say that I grew up in a Ford household, and my family had good luck with the ones of my childhood (very fond memories of a 63 Country Squire wagon, in fact). I don't think much of any of the US car companies are currently making anything that is worth its weight in owl snot. I do like my SO's Chevy Aveo, but that's actually made by Daihatsu.
As far as Ford acronyms, I haven't seen this one yet:

Final
Outpost of
Rear-wheel
Drive

#245239 Fs: 1g Si Spoiler

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 09 April 2006 - 09:39 PM in FS

QUOTE (katulu @ Apr 7 2006, 11:56 AM)
I have a 1g si spoiler, needs paint stripped but is in good condition.

will get pics soon

best offer

E-mail me @ [email protected]

What year/type CRX did it come off of? There are at least three different kinds of rear spoilers that I know of.

#240983 How Did You Come To Rpr?

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 25 March 2006 - 01:07 PM in General Posts

I had heard of this place from I think CRX resource. Someone had also mentioned it when I found the NorCal CRX club, if memory serves. Wait a minute, I remember now... I was ordering my KYBs and the guy at the parts house said "hey, if you've got a 1G, perhaps you should visit this site." Anyway, I'm on my 4th CRX now, and have no reason to go anywhere else to find information on what I can do with my Rex. I did have to wait for a couple of months, though, as Tom was moving and the site was down when I first heard of it....dare I say, it was worth the wait.

#235061 Gude Stage 3 Racing Cam For 1.5 12 Valve

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 05 March 2006 - 02:00 PM in FS

QUOTE (ballade @ Mar 5 2006, 10:01 AM)
BTW This cam is for an Si Distributor setup, it will only work on a Si head. There is no lobe for the fuel pump.

Hey, would this cam work with a 'Teg ECU?

BTW, where are you (update your city section in your profile perhaps)?

#227746 Flowmasters

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 12 February 2006 - 08:56 PM in General Posts

I know of a good shop in Alameda that does good work on mufflers if you're interested. I think they have both Flowmasters and Magnaflow's.

#227718 My Brother Is Getting A Corolla

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 12 February 2006 - 06:49 PM in General Posts

Tell him to keep an eye on the suspension. My S.O.'s sister has one and she has to have some front suspension parts replaced and she hasn't had it but about 4 yrs. or so. Aside from that and the interior, I don't think there has been anything on the car with an unnaturally short life.

#217999 It's Baaaaaack!

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 11 January 2006 - 11:11 PM in General Posts

This just makes me sad to be represented geographically by such people. Why he called it an '89 is beyond me.

CRX Convertible called an '89

#217067 Random Pix

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 07 January 2006 - 09:42 PM in General Posts

i hope to see this myself when the show gets out this way. I am still hoping that they resurrect the CRX in a new incarnation... it couldn't be a bad thing.

#215685 New Year's Resolution

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 01 January 2006 - 10:46 PM in General Posts

The only resolution I have been able to keep was one I made several years ago and that was to not make any new years resolutions. With that in mind, I plan to resolve (not because of the new year but in homage to the late great Warren Zevon) to "enjoy every sandwich".

#215665 Happy New Years!

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 01 January 2006 - 08:49 PM in General Posts

Have a joyous and illuminating new year all.

*note* DAYUM but Dick Clark looks much older after that stroke.

TAAGMAN<---- doesn't drink anymore so he remembers last night

#215664 86-89 Teg Rotex Gold Fr Brake Pads

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 01 January 2006 - 08:43 PM in FS

PM'd

#215662 Everything Goes

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 01 January 2006 - 08:36 PM in FS

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jan 1 2006, 01:10 PM)
You can everything up for sale for 200 bucks. Just to add. I just want the parts gone.

PM'd

#210720 What Modern Car Comes Closest To A Crx?

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 09 December 2005 - 05:59 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (etmydst @ Dec 9 2005, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (slavteren @ Dec 9 2005, 02:49 PM)
Opel kadett 2,0 16v:

man that does look nice smile.gif not like our american junkpiles..im so jealous...

Hmmmm.... I wonder if that spoiler could be adapted to work on the back deck of a CRX DX.... cool.gif

#210192 Some Light Reading

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 07 December 2005 - 05:28 PM in General Posts

I Found this while trolling around for info, and thought I'd pass it along for any who might not have already seen it. Honda Civic History

Enjoy!

#208937 Need Help From Euro-people..

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 02 December 2005 - 02:07 PM in General Posts

Dude, that so looks like what they used for the gopher on "Caddyshack" ....you know, the one that sounded like Flipper? laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

TAAGMAN----->*quietly humming Kenny Loggins' "I'm Allright"*

#208931 This Is The Post Of Knowledge!

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 02 December 2005 - 12:59 PM in General Posts

another tip:

In a pinch an aluminum can and two band clamps can temporarily cover a hole in a tailpipe. Entirely ghetto, but still functional. Also, if you have a stain on your upholstery or even on a metal part from something like sharpie ink, et al. It can usually be removed with hairspray (Aqua Net extra hold has worked best for this).

#208928 What Do U Think Of These Wheels?

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 02 December 2005 - 12:41 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Dec 2 2005, 09:55 AM)
i'll have to keep an eye on the bargain finder and the used wheel warehouse for a set of those hx rims. my honey keeps shooting down my wheel choices because thier hard to clean, heavy,, etc etc. but i think those hx rims would be A) easy to keep clean B ) light C) cheap because he can order them new for cost or wholesale used.

Here, get this for your honey for Christmas:Mother's Power Ball kit. That should keep the "difficult to clean" excuse quiet. If he still balks, tell him that Chip Foose is the spokesperson for it. cool.gif

#208543 Suggestions Wanted For Good All Season Tires?

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 30 November 2005 - 06:08 PM in General Posts

I too have had Dunlops (impressed with the wear factor, but not the wet weather handling), and Falken Ziex 512's. Of the two, I liked the Falken's better.

*edit* My S. O. has Hankook's on her Aveo. They seem to be 'don't suck' tires either, but those were 14's not 15's.

#208059 Lil Beasty Is Ready To Be Parted

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 28 November 2005 - 11:21 AM in FS

I'm interested in finding out what you'd want for the driver's side kick panel and the driver's door trim piece (that piece that fits across the bottom exterior of the door). If you're selling a DX wing, I'd want to find out what you'd want for that as well. Thanks.

#207977 What Do You Do For A Living?

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 27 November 2005 - 09:50 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (badpenny @ May 2 2005, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs @ May 2 2005, 02:49 PM)
As far as what I've done, let's save that for the screenplay  laugh.gif
What I am currently is doing contract work as a production assistant for an investment firm's marketing department.  I also sing with a group that in June has annual a cappella concerts. ( the group's webpage )
As to what I'd like to be doing, I hope that I can one day do voiceover work.  I've been told that I could, but I have to go through the steps of throwing down $7K to attend a school, having an agent scout me there and sign me, throwing down more $$ for the demo, letting the agent shop me around and hopefully, get my voice on a steady gig saying the disclaimer, i.e. "batteries not included, action figures sold separately" or some such.  In short, it's nice work when you can get it.

Dude from what I've experienced as an actor, agents do one thing, and one thing only take 10-25% or a base fee, thats all. It's really in your best intrest to make your own contacts and legwork. Start with that a cappella group. You'll find people at the meetand greets. just my $.02

Update: I'm still working as a contractor, still at the same investment firm, but now I'm covering for an Executive Admin. while the person I'm covering for is on family leave.
As for the a capella group, they've long been established (certified) as a not-for-profit organization, and boy do they mean it. *lol* I know that at least for its inception, a manager is needed for voiceover work, as they already have the contacts necessary for getting voiceover work. Once those have been established, there might not be as much need for one, but that I'll have to reserve judgment on.

#207526 Del Sol Seats

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 25 November 2005 - 12:43 PM in General Posts

I don't know if this has been formally stated, but if you want to put those into a 1G/3G, find a pair of seats that are disposable and remove the seat pan. Then, go to an upholstery place and ask them to swap the seat pans from the seats you just decimated to the del sol seats. That ought'ta do it. I can assure you that once that is done, they'll be a perfect fit. smile.gif cool.gif

#207521 Headlights

Posted by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs on 25 November 2005 - 12:35 PM in General Posts

I saw something on eBay awhile back where a guy said that he could get projector beam bulbs for a 1G CRX, but I didn't believe him enough to send him the $$ he wanted for it so I never took him up on it.