bkw's Content

There have been 5 items by bkw (Search limited from 21-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#947 How many miles to a full tank on a 87 dx?

Posted by bkw on 11 December 2001 - 04:12 PM in 1G CRX

i dont think the gas gauge works properly.. how many miles should i expect per tank or gallon from my carbd DX?  my miles are mostly from city driving..

thanks
b

#937 Whats needed to convert the 87 dx to fi?

Posted by bkw on 11 December 2001 - 11:32 AM in 1G CRX

what needs to be done?

theres someone on the classifieds selling the manifold, fuel injectors and ecu from a 87 si. what else do i need to convert this dx motor to fuel injection?

thanks in advance!

#911 New owner of a 87 crx dx

Posted by bkw on 07 December 2001 - 04:49 PM in 1G CRX

Need more details! SI? Colour? Location? Don't leave us hanging!

1987 dx 1.5sohc carb'd, white/gray/rust blue interior, NJ..

here's some pics of "rusty":

and here's a pic of my other baby:

#909 New owner of a 87 crx dx

Posted by bkw on 07 December 2001 - 01:56 PM in 1G CRX

got a pretty good deal.. $500USD for it. she has 145k miles and purrs like a kitten.

i ordered the helms manual and i'll be checking it out once it gets here.

thanks for all the advice!

#891 New owner of a 87 crx dx

Posted by bkw on 06 December 2001 - 03:10 PM in 1G CRX

hi all,

just bought a 87 crx 1.5 dx (carb'd) and i have a few questions and concerns.

first off - the car shakes really badly at speeds over 60mph. not just a steering wheel jiggle, but instead the entire front end shakes.. the entire steering column shakes and rattles, and it feels like the suspension is super loose! under acceleration the shakes are reduced a little, but it's still unbearable to the point where its almost impossible to control the car!

the suspension is really mushy.. over medium sized bumps, my suspension bottoms out and it feels like the entire car is going to crack. im thinking i may need new shocks, but im unsure of what brand to buy.

ive owned other cars without power steering before, but this car has to be the hardest to steer! even at speed, the car is hard to turn.. i know there has to be something wrong, crx's are supposed to be great handlers!

RUST. i have a lot of rust on my rear quarters. is there anyway of replacing the quarters or should i just break out the iron brush and the bondo?

and lastly.. i know that this is a canadian board, but are any 1st gen members in or around the NYC area?? i would love for someone with knowledge to check out my car and vice-versa.

thanks!
brian