aaa86crx's Content

There have been 43 items by aaa86crx (Search limited from 23-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#419939 Car Wont Start

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 December 2008 - 11:53 PM in General Posts

i have had that code before no that you say map sensor i switch one out with a teg one and got the same code fould plug would make sense the way it was running when it finally started i have had problems with it running to rich when for a long time and have just gave up on trying to figure it out. i have also noticed the last few mounths i have only been getting 20-23 mpg when almost all is highway. i have changed filter and all the good stuff but no change.

#419900 Car Wont Start

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 December 2008 - 09:35 PM in General Posts

one more things when it finally started i had codes 1 4 pop up cant find my book or anything on rpr i thought i saw it before but just cant seem to find it but if anyone can tell me what 1 4 are tell me that would be great

#419884 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 December 2008 - 09:00 PM in Swaps

i hope mine wont take that long when i finally get started thinking about waiting fo summer though. thanks for the wiring write up that is what i have been looking for it should help lots well thanks agian

#419883 Car Wont Start

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 December 2008 - 08:49 PM in General Posts

its a SI battery and starter are fine did the samething tonight when i got off work. well after have the heater under the hood for about 1 hour this morning it fired right up. it sounded a little rough but cleared right out.

#419817 Car Wont Start

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 December 2008 - 11:21 AM in General Posts

well i got up this morning to go to work car just turns over and tries to fire. it is very cold about 5 degress f. has anyone ever had this problem with a honda in the cold i didnt have problem last year. i have now had a heater under the hood for about 1 hour and its trying harder.ust wondering if anyone has ever had this happen to them and what did they do to solve it.

#419504 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 12 December 2008 - 10:01 PM in Swaps

WOW just a little bit more wiring. so right now im running oboo with the ew4 i think that what i have been told it is. so if was going to go with the oboo can i use my ew4 ecu or not. if i go obo1 i have to strip all the wiring from engine to ecu and use that correct? is there any performance difference? if i use oboo will i need the acura engine wiring harness or do i use the crx harness. well i just dont know how to write what im thinking so maby this will get me somewhere. thanks everone

#419327 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 11 December 2008 - 08:55 PM in Swaps

well i would like to start with going for 12's and the after its all good and running i plan on shooting for some better times. it is a si so wont have to worry about fuel lines and all those goodies. oboo and obo 1 what is better to go with? does anyone happen to have a zawrit up on the wiring? thanks alot for allt he info.

#419145 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 10 December 2008 - 08:37 PM in Swaps

i dont have the room to haul it to my place i have a friend w/the same car so i will be able to compare with his. does anyone know how the axle setup will be from what i have read i have to get special axles what about the hubs and all the rest of the front end will it all be ok? i think will taking parts off the donner im going to get all the suspension that is still good the engine wiring harnes, ecu, motor mounts, shift linkage, shifter, is there anything else that i will need for sure off the car im going to have long to take what i need off the car. but if there is anything anyone need i can probbly get it for you drivers side front is smashed up not sure how bad havent seenit yet.

#419057 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 10 December 2008 - 10:23 AM in Swaps

i will try to take to take lots a pic not much of a picture guy but have been trying just did paint job and didnt start taking pic until it was all maked off but i will get some it will be awhile befor it happens just getting my things straight first and the donner car is 250 mailies away i have no truck and trailer so it wll be have to be hauled over by as much as i can fir in the back of my crx

#418983 B18a1

Posted by aaa86crx on 09 December 2008 - 10:11 PM in Swaps

ok ihave come across a 92 acura integra with a b18 for $300 now i have read a bit about the swap sounds like a lot of workt just wondering if the wiring really that bad to do im hate wiring just to much for me but can figure it out just takes along time but any ways i know i have to get axls but will the the rest of the front end work but anyways any thing that will help me out would be wonderfull this will be my first swap but i do know my mechanics not so good on spelling thought

#418199 Hf Side Skirts

Posted by aaa86crx on 03 December 2008 - 10:46 PM in FS

i have both side skirts of a hf i have no use for them just taking up space no cracks that i can rember can get pics if wanted make offer also have d16a1 complete head and a block no crank rods etc. just block make offer

#418188 Cam Part Numbers?

Posted by aaa86crx on 03 December 2008 - 09:42 PM in General Posts

the pe7 is stock right

#417361 1st Gen Exhaust

Posted by aaa86crx on 27 November 2008 - 09:37 PM in General Posts

check out jc-whinty i think that is where i found one for mine everything after the down pipe i made

#417331 Can You Tell If Your Head Has Been Shaved W/out Machine Shop

Posted by aaa86crx on 27 November 2008 - 12:16 PM in General Posts

so im sure its possible but can the head worp if it has never over heated i rebuilt my engine didnt have the head shave because i was told it was just done cant rember if checked it with anything but i have had a oil leak for a while now and havent been able to pin point it didnt think it was possible to leak oil hat between the block and head but that is what it looks like

#417226 Can You Tell If Your Head Has Been Shaved W/out Machine Shop

Posted by aaa86crx on 26 November 2008 - 10:26 AM in General Posts

how inporttant is it to re torque head bolts after rebuild i didnt replace the head bolt though asking because i appear to be leaking oil between the head and block.

#417195 Head Swap ?

Posted by aaa86crx on 26 November 2008 - 12:05 AM in General Posts

is the 86-89 head a bolt one do the waterjackets and all the good stuff line up what about the timing and wiring i know the studs line up thaught about trying when i did rebuild but just need to get the car going had no time to try but now i do.

#417184 Can You Tell If Your Head Has Been Shaved W/out Machine Shop

Posted by aaa86crx on 25 November 2008 - 09:33 PM in General Posts

you can also bend your valves w/out the belt breaking let someone drive who doesnt know who and they shift from 2nd at 6500 rpms and hit 1st instead a of 3rd yea no good.

#417118 86 Honda Accord

Posted by aaa86crx on 25 November 2008 - 10:16 AM in General Posts

i will check the cam i know the belt is fine i thought the whole cam was turning it has been a while since i last looked if the belt and cam is fine any othere quesses? thanks everyone

#417062 86 Honda Accord

Posted by aaa86crx on 24 November 2008 - 08:39 PM in General Posts

a friend of mine got this 86 honda accord it was running perferct for a couple of days he went to his storage reached out window to do password to open the gate and it died timing belt is fine crank and cam marks are in line there is very low compression in 3 cylinderis i thinks cant rember for sure but the are like 50 and lower not to sure he doesnt have much money is it something stupid and could the rings just burn up like that?

#416923 Vacuum

Posted by aaa86crx on 23 November 2008 - 12:57 PM in General Posts

thanks alot been looking for one like that for awhile have never been able to find one of the box thanks

#416729 Vacuum

Posted by aaa86crx on 20 November 2008 - 11:48 PM in General Posts

i was wondering if any one has a redable vacuum digram for a 86 si crx manily the ones in the black box located on drivers side or can it be removed w/out lossing any power or gas millage i replace my vacuum lines when i pulled of one of them 3 others came with the one not sure if i got them in the right place or not

#416630 My Swap

Posted by aaa86crx on 19 November 2008 - 09:38 PM in 1G CRX

dont think they are vw if you look where the holes are on the front side it will say vw if they are if you look on the back side a the wheel it should have a brand name or number you could go to a tire shop and they might be able to tell you they look aftermaket and old so good luck getting some caps i would find some alum. and just cut it out to fit the the hold i know eagle made some wheels the some ones i have and the have a round center cap cant tell how big the center is from the pic good luck

#416259 Plastic Repair?

Posted by aaa86crx on 16 November 2008 - 12:38 PM in 1G CRX

i just fixed my fender and header panel both of them had some good long cracks the sodering iron works great just a little extra for filler and its all good some wire screen for renforcesment helps

#416211 Plastic Repair?

Posted by aaa86crx on 15 November 2008 - 08:45 PM in 1G CRX

well i have got hours and hours of practic with it i just tried the sodering method and it works great what even able to do it with no filler sand and prim it was nice

#415854 Swap

Posted by aaa86crx on 12 November 2008 - 11:19 PM in General Posts

will the d16 bolt right in with orignal 86 crx si moitor mounts