'85-SI's Content

There have been 53 items by '85-SI (Search limited from 13-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#411147 Window/door Mouldings?

Posted by '85-SI on 08 October 2008 - 10:10 PM in WTB

Does anyone have a source where i can actually get new door/ window moldings? You know the ones on the top of the door that seals the outside of the window, that the rubber comes off and they rust and look like garbage? I can't find em' anywhere. Thanks.

#411149 Plastic Panel Fix?

Posted by '85-SI on 08 October 2008 - 10:21 PM in General Posts

As I have noticed the plastic door panels for the 1g are basically impossible to find...in an effort to repair the cracked ones I have now, does anybody have a go to method for doing such a thing...some help here would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

#411179 Plastic Panel Fix?

Posted by '85-SI on 09 October 2008 - 04:14 AM in General Posts

That's genius...I never even thought of that....what a great idea...I will definitely be doing that, I will have to search for that link now to see this too. Thank you guys so much I thought I was doomed for a moment there...

#411180 Window/door Mouldings?

Posted by '85-SI on 09 October 2008 - 04:17 AM in WTB

Yeah, the old crack off and paint method was my next option... I suppose I will go that route. Some nice new ones with actual rubber still on them would be nice, but we can't always get everything we want!! Thanks guys!

#411696 Here's My New 5-tone Si!

Posted by '85-SI on 13 October 2008 - 08:08 PM in Appearance

Well I've only got one pic so far of this colorful beast, but after some piecing together I've got a straight 85 Si. I polished up the stock 10 spokes that I stole off my 84 parts car, and I think they might stay around for a while, kinda like em. Ground Control coil overs in the rear and just spun out torsion adj in the front. I will be indexing the torsions soon as well as redoing the struts at the pinch bolt for some extra travel. Does anyone know if the stock front shock bodies are also a two piece and that the pinch bolt location can be reground in them like the Illuminas? Anyways, here we have it.

#411888 Here's My New 5-tone Si!

Posted by '85-SI on 15 October 2008 - 12:02 AM in Appearance

Yeah but what you don't see is the white passenger door and hatch. Hey it's dropped my body damage to only a handful of dings... haha! smile.gif

#412125 Here's My New 5-tone Si!

Posted by '85-SI on 16 October 2008 - 10:39 AM in Appearance

yeah it's basically a chameleon paint job... Just it doesn't change! No matter what angle you look at it from it's a different color! I like to keep em guessing! Question though? Does anyone know if the illuminas are any shorter than stock shocks?

#414915 Shock Length Comparison

Posted by '85-SI on 06 November 2008 - 07:51 PM in 1G CRX

Does anyon have any measurements in regards to shock overall length? I know that some are shorter than others. I know that dropping the strut down is an option for the front as is adj upper plates, but I like to ride real low, the the shorter the better in my eyes, thanks!!!

#415117 Shock Length Comparison

Posted by '85-SI on 07 November 2008 - 11:46 PM in 1G CRX

Well so far nobody has even attempted to answer the real question. I don't really need suggestions on wheels or ride heights right now, but shock length is a concern. 4 inches of travel is enough with a stiff shock, torsions and springs. I have a truck on air that I drive 4 inches off th ground all day long, I understand the idea behind what I get with a shorter shock. I would appreciate if someone would actually try to help me with my question, thanks

#415227 Shock Length Comparison

Posted by '85-SI on 09 November 2008 - 02:27 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah I think I'm going to drop the front strut in the knuckle and then do the camber plates, that ought to give me a little more travel at my height.

#415273 Plastic Repair?

Posted by '85-SI on 09 November 2008 - 04:13 PM in 1G CRX

I asked the same question a while back and Sgt.Pepper had this little magic trick...give it a try.

http://www.redpepper...mp;#entry411149

#418279 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 04 December 2008 - 01:43 PM in 1G CRX

You might check the cable bracket under the dash... where the pedal holds the end of the cable... it is known to break the tack welds and the bracket comes apart from the pedal assembly. Look up at it from the floor board and you will see what I am talking about. I had it happen to me and I just had to reweld the cable bracket to the pedal assembly.

#418449 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 05 December 2008 - 11:44 PM in 1G CRX

Pullin that pedal assembly out its only a few bolts... Unhook all the cables and it will pull out pretty easily.
You will see where it was supposed to go and just have it welded back together
Easy as pie! Haha. Have fun.

#419288 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 11 December 2008 - 02:21 PM in 1G CRX

Yeah I'm only 5'7" so it is relatively easy... 6'3" is too tall for a crx at all... Haha! You need an SUV! smile.gif

#424961 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 23 January 2009 - 10:45 AM in 1G CRX

So... Everytime I wash the car (85 si) or it rains, I get a nice little flood action in the back of the thing. Before I rip the car apart I figured I'd ask if someone else has seen this before. It seems as if maybe its coming in through the side rear windows? Anyone???

#425042 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 23 January 2009 - 05:59 PM in 1G CRX

Yeah I noticed mine have to but I have fixed them... I'm leading toward the taillights since I just looked and they are wet onthe backside. I can see where the water runs down the channel into thestupid things... I figure some silicone may work there. I'm gonna hose the car down this eve and check where its coming from, hopefully have a location so I can devise a solution.
Thanks
QUOTE (1985 CRX SI @ Jan 23 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunroof drain tubes have shrunk over the years on mine and pulled out of the rubber parts fitted to the body to drai outside of the body.
Looking for pics to post
Jeff

#425119 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 24 January 2009 - 12:17 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah so I found about a 2 inch section above the taillight where the seam sealer has cracked away and is taking on water. Really weird place. I siliconed it up so we will se what happens. I also resealed the taillights. I'm gonna hose it tomorrow to see if the problem goes away. Also I found the drains in the rear quarters clogged with mud so that wasn't working.

#425416 Eibach Meet 1/25/09

Posted by '85-SI on 26 January 2009 - 01:42 PM in Meets

Yeah the nice car to beater ratio wasn't that favorable... And I hate to say it but the two 1st gens that were inside were representing as beaters as well. Oh well. I know there a few really sick ones in the area, but none were there.

#425707 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 12:48 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah I used some silicone and retraced some of the body seams at the back of the car under the taillights where it looks like water was seeping through... seems to have worked so far, we will see when we get another big rain... that outta not be for a while but we'll see... Thanks All

#425711 Eibach Meet 1/25/09

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 01:33 AM in Meets

QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Jan 27 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey bro are u the guy we talked to with the 88 integ

Not I... I was in the hot 5 tone rex in my profile...

#425713 The Spring Kick Off In Bakersfield

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 01:36 AM in Meets

I'd like to meet some of you other people on here so I will try to make it, hopefully the beast is all one color by then...

#425725 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 03:34 AM in 1G CRX

Well I've learned a lot from reading but I could really use some clarification as to if I'm gaining any head weight here... First, from what I've gathered, I could use a P/P on the head, #40 grind cam from WebCams, DX outer and Si inner valve springs, and mill the head to what .040 or less? So With this all said, doesn anyone run a similar setup in the great state of CA? Obviously this will pass on visual, does it blow the numbers though? Will it pass smog? One last question, i know...geez... Is there a CA legal header available for the EW motor? If i'm off the deep end with any of my info here, please let me know. I'm interested in leaving the stock EW3 in and throwing a little money at it.

Thanks

#425786 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 02:37 PM in 1G CRX

And as a side note here...I did find that the hedman chikara header is Carb legal in CA with an official EO number...it is not stamped on the header but I have a copy of the EO from the air resource board that shows the chikara header as EO approved for CA. Also I found they are still available new and come with an CARB sticker...I think??? Has anyone bought a new one, did it come with a carb sticker? The guy I talked to on the phone at hedman said that they do, and if you have a hedder without a sticker, you can get another one with a receipt??? I'm a bit skeptical but I'm wondering if anybody knows if they come with a carb sticker...

#425804 Lowering My Si

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 05:21 PM in 1G CRX

I would say that it kinda depends on the wheels. I'm on 13s with 185/60x13s and I have no issues at any height. Although you might end up needing to roll the drivers rear fender lip. I did and I drive pretty hard, no issues. Let's see if others agree though, this is my first 1G!

#425823 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 07:12 PM in 1G CRX

Is .040 mill safe enough for the clearances and about what does that put the compression at? Or should I go less?