'85-SI's Content

There have been 53 items by '85-SI (Search limited from 04-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#411696 Here's My New 5-tone Si!

Posted by '85-SI on 13 October 2008 - 08:08 PM in Appearance

Well I've only got one pic so far of this colorful beast, but after some piecing together I've got a straight 85 Si. I polished up the stock 10 spokes that I stole off my 84 parts car, and I think they might stay around for a while, kinda like em. Ground Control coil overs in the rear and just spun out torsion adj in the front. I will be indexing the torsions soon as well as redoing the struts at the pinch bolt for some extra travel. Does anyone know if the stock front shock bodies are also a two piece and that the pinch bolt location can be reground in them like the Illuminas? Anyways, here we have it.

#412125 Here's My New 5-tone Si!

Posted by '85-SI on 16 October 2008 - 10:39 AM in Appearance

yeah it's basically a chameleon paint job... Just it doesn't change! No matter what angle you look at it from it's a different color! I like to keep em guessing! Question though? Does anyone know if the illuminas are any shorter than stock shocks?

#425786 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 02:37 PM in 1G CRX

And as a side note here...I did find that the hedman chikara header is Carb legal in CA with an official EO number...it is not stamped on the header but I have a copy of the EO from the air resource board that shows the chikara header as EO approved for CA. Also I found they are still available new and come with an CARB sticker...I think??? Has anyone bought a new one, did it come with a carb sticker? The guy I talked to on the phone at hedman said that they do, and if you have a hedder without a sticker, you can get another one with a receipt??? I'm a bit skeptical but I'm wondering if anybody knows if they come with a carb sticker...

#425823 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 07:12 PM in 1G CRX

Is .040 mill safe enough for the clearances and about what does that put the compression at? Or should I go less?

#425725 Head Mods, Cams, Header...smog Legal?

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 03:34 AM in 1G CRX

Well I've learned a lot from reading but I could really use some clarification as to if I'm gaining any head weight here... First, from what I've gathered, I could use a P/P on the head, #40 grind cam from WebCams, DX outer and Si inner valve springs, and mill the head to what .040 or less? So With this all said, doesn anyone run a similar setup in the great state of CA? Obviously this will pass on visual, does it blow the numbers though? Will it pass smog? One last question, i know...geez... Is there a CA legal header available for the EW motor? If i'm off the deep end with any of my info here, please let me know. I'm interested in leaving the stock EW3 in and throwing a little money at it.

Thanks

#425416 Eibach Meet 1/25/09

Posted by '85-SI on 26 January 2009 - 01:42 PM in Meets

Yeah the nice car to beater ratio wasn't that favorable... And I hate to say it but the two 1st gens that were inside were representing as beaters as well. Oh well. I know there a few really sick ones in the area, but none were there.

#425711 Eibach Meet 1/25/09

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 01:33 AM in Meets

QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Jan 27 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey bro are u the guy we talked to with the 88 integ

Not I... I was in the hot 5 tone rex in my profile...

#429693 Crx Digi Dash & Surround

Posted by '85-SI on 25 February 2009 - 04:13 PM in FS

What's the story behind getting these to work in the USDM car?

#429763 Crx Digi Dash & Surround

Posted by '85-SI on 25 February 2009 - 11:06 PM in FS

QUOTE (GENONE @ Feb 25 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's info on here how to fit them... search and you shall find smile.gif

No freebies here sad.gif alright I will search... haha!

#418449 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 05 December 2008 - 11:44 PM in 1G CRX

Pullin that pedal assembly out its only a few bolts... Unhook all the cables and it will pull out pretty easily.
You will see where it was supposed to go and just have it welded back together
Easy as pie! Haha. Have fun.

#419288 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 11 December 2008 - 02:21 PM in 1G CRX

Yeah I'm only 5'7" so it is relatively easy... 6'3" is too tall for a crx at all... Haha! You need an SUV! smile.gif

#418279 Clutch Problems

Posted by '85-SI on 04 December 2008 - 01:43 PM in 1G CRX

You might check the cable bracket under the dash... where the pedal holds the end of the cable... it is known to break the tack welds and the bracket comes apart from the pedal assembly. Look up at it from the floor board and you will see what I am talking about. I had it happen to me and I just had to reweld the cable bracket to the pedal assembly.

#426979 Car Jumpy In 1st Gear Bad...motor Mounts?

Posted by '85-SI on 06 February 2009 - 05:42 PM in 1G CRX

Seems like I'm all sorts of busy here lately so here's another question for the masses. The car wants to jump and buck if I so even blip the throttle at al, it's almost impossible to get back to smooth driving without clutching it. Does this sound like worn out motor mouts. If not, any ideas. I'm going to be installing a 6 puck sprung and a lot of motor work, so I figure I should get that situated first.

Thanks all...

#427714 Car Jumpy In 1st Gear Bad...motor Mounts?

Posted by '85-SI on 11 February 2009 - 01:48 PM in 1G CRX

No the engine is fine and it doesn't do it all the time it will only do it if the engine is at the correct RPM to allow the drivetrain to be right at freewheel, right at the edge of throttle and none while rolling. It's like there is slop in the drivetrain and it bucks back and forth. It's kind of hard to explain obviously.

#427124 Car Jumpy In 1st Gear Bad...motor Mounts?

Posted by '85-SI on 07 February 2009 - 09:38 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (zakats @ Feb 6 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like it, pick up a couple tubes window weld and take care of it when you're doing the other work

You talking 3M window weld fast urethane...That was my next question...so no need to ask now??

Thanks

#429634 Anyone Interested In A Built Ew?

Posted by '85-SI on 25 February 2009 - 02:20 AM in FS

Yeah it might be easier to sell if you post even a tiny bit of information about what you are selling???

#424961 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 23 January 2009 - 10:45 AM in 1G CRX

So... Everytime I wash the car (85 si) or it rains, I get a nice little flood action in the back of the thing. Before I rip the car apart I figured I'd ask if someone else has seen this before. It seems as if maybe its coming in through the side rear windows? Anyone???

#425042 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 23 January 2009 - 05:59 PM in 1G CRX

Yeah I noticed mine have to but I have fixed them... I'm leading toward the taillights since I just looked and they are wet onthe backside. I can see where the water runs down the channel into thestupid things... I figure some silicone may work there. I'm gonna hose the car down this eve and check where its coming from, hopefully have a location so I can devise a solution.
Thanks
QUOTE (1985 CRX SI @ Jan 23 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunroof drain tubes have shrunk over the years on mine and pulled out of the rubber parts fitted to the body to drai outside of the body.
Looking for pics to post
Jeff

#425119 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 24 January 2009 - 12:17 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah so I found about a 2 inch section above the taillight where the seam sealer has cracked away and is taking on water. Really weird place. I siliconed it up so we will se what happens. I also resealed the taillights. I'm gonna hose it tomorrow to see if the problem goes away. Also I found the drains in the rear quarters clogged with mud so that wasn't working.

#425707 A River Runs Through It, May Car That Is!

Posted by '85-SI on 28 January 2009 - 12:48 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah I used some silicone and retraced some of the body seams at the back of the car under the taillights where it looks like water was seeping through... seems to have worked so far, we will see when we get another big rain... that outta not be for a while but we'll see... Thanks All

#426750 1g Rear Disk Issue?

Posted by '85-SI on 04 February 2009 - 07:45 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Old School REX @ Feb 4 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What offset wheels are you running? I have 15X8's with a 38mm with no problem with rolled inner lip. Another question, if you are "tucking" a 13" wheel (or tire) you must have some serious drop going on... What size tires are they? Suspension travel is limited as it is, too much drop on the back = very bad thing in even spirited driving...

I won't try to pull you away from going back to drums however... I need a set of Teggy e-brake cables, you got them? I want them... biggrin.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Not sure of the offset at this point...did those wheels come in different offsets? Im too lazy to pull one to look right now. And no the cables are the one things I didn't get off the donor...too much work for an e-brake, haha...

#426620 1g Rear Disk Issue?

Posted by '85-SI on 03 February 2009 - 07:34 PM in 1G CRX

I'm rolled... but it seems to not be enough...could it be that i'm running rex hubs, axles and trailing arms with teg disks..., should I be running the teg hubs and/or axles as well. Does it make a difference?

#426315 1g Rear Disk Issue?

Posted by '85-SI on 01 February 2009 - 03:27 PM in 1G CRX

as i suspected...looks like I'm going back to drums.... I will have to find some hf drums...

#426529 1g Rear Disk Issue?

Posted by '85-SI on 03 February 2009 - 01:10 AM in 1G CRX

i'm on 13" honda ten spoke w/ 185/60's. i'm dropped to tuck about an inch of tire. It rubs both sides ever so slightly.

#426275 1g Rear Disk Issue?

Posted by '85-SI on 01 February 2009 - 03:23 AM in 1G CRX

So here's my issue? I didn't see this anywhere so I had to ask. When using the teg rear disks. I noticed that my wheel studs were a bit short. So I used some teg studds and all seems well...I was wrong. I then started thinking. Needing longer wheel studs means that my wheels are being pushed farther out? I now have tire run on the outer fender because of this. Did I do something wrong? Is this normal because I haven't really heard anyone talking about this? I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone has dealt with this before.

Thanks,
Don