Wozza's Content

There have been 15 items by Wozza (Search limited from 18-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#495756 Ok.....who Is This?

Posted by Wozza on 12 July 2010 - 06:19 PM in General Posts

Cheers for the link, have shared with the NZHondas forum too.

Beautiful '87. I don't mind the new CR-Z, would make a good daily. Although seeing it from the front just makes me think biggrin.gif

#487874 Aah Crx!

Posted by Wozza on 14 April 2010 - 05:00 PM in Appearance

QUOTE (kaymo @ Apr 15 2010, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh? a head bolt got into the compression chamber?

Yeah - really strange. Not the whole bolt, but it stripped itself and small bits of it managed to go the entire way through the engine. Had to get it re-tapped. I had to tow the car to my local garage as that was a bit beyond me as to what the fault was, and they couldn't belive it when they located what had actually happened. Dude at the workshop is a bit of a Honda guru, he has a B16 mini and has developed a kit to do the swap with no fabrication which he imports to the UK so has been a good guy to hit up for advice. The other guys there were wanting me to go up to the drags so I could give his mini a run, will do one day...

QUOTE (koshir @ Apr 15 2010, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are those direct fit or did you have to modiffy those a lot,
i want to put SiR seats in and would be nice to see how much work I'll have to do before I start wink.gif

great project ! cool.gif

Cheers. All I had to do was take the rails off the gen 1 seats and bolt them onto the bottom of the gen 2 seats, so they don't go straight in - but very east swap. Enjoying the slight lip on them, I don't slide off the seat if I boot it around a corner now. wink.gif

#487792 Aah Crx!

Posted by Wozza on 14 April 2010 - 03:44 AM in Appearance

Wow this thread makes me realise how little I have done to the car lately. sad.gif In my garage without the paperwork needed for it to be on the road at the moment, only a few things needed to get it right again but super poor at the moment so have been throwing myself into my other hobby hardcore - Mountain Biking, my bike is pretty sweet so I don't need to buy anything for the bike at the moment and the tracks here are free to ride.

Have done a couple of small things though:

Gen 2 seats as my old seats were worn down to the metal.

Battery in the back so I don't have to jumpstart on colder days if I haven't used it for a bit. Also some free space up front now so I can get the POD filter away from the engine a bit, hopefully a cold air box.

Had a bit of a setback, a bolt holding the head onto the block threaded itself sending bits of bolt into the engine and taking out the compression in a cylinder. Fixed now, running beautifully. Also picked up a new bonnet and sideskirt I want to paint and throw onto it.

Hopefully after I pay some bills this thread will come alive. wink.gif

#474664 :::rpr's Hottest 1st Gens!:::

Posted by Wozza on 05 January 2010 - 04:35 AM in Appearance

QUOTE (rolandinacrx @ Dec 27 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi this is my 86crx hf

Hey - any chance of more pics of how your intake is set up? I have a b-swap and my next project is to sort out my filter/intake properly, was thinking cold air box but interested to see how yours is set up.

Love the wheels on the car, as well as most other things about it.

#474663 Mine And The Lorax's 1st Gens

Posted by Wozza on 05 January 2010 - 04:23 AM in Appearance

Notr many of these around these ways, in fact - besides my parts car and Tims (TheLorax) parts car - these are the only two I have seen in this city. So this is a rare sight in NZ indeed.

Tim came to drop some parts off, so I took the opputinity to grab my small camera (DSLR was charging) for some quick grab shots.

Mine is a JDM car with a B18 and Tims is EDM with a ZC.

#471621 New Zealand Targa Rally Pictures

Posted by Wozza on 05 December 2009 - 08:53 PM in Off-Topic

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you enjoyed the pics. smile.gif

QUOTE (slavteren @ Dec 5 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
soo jelaous on your regulations.. no rallycars above 2500cc is alowed here sad.gif

The event has everything, and some teams enter to create awareness for charities. There are a heap of classes, but the spirit of the Targa event seems to be the most important thing. There are a lot of races that are a bit less open. That said all cars have to be fully race prepped, cages ect ect so it is all done properly, but yeah the variety of the cars is part of the appeal.

#471544 I Am Not Normally A Sticker Guy...

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 08:27 PM in General Posts

Postage is the killer here - but I'd happyily print one locally then donate to RPR to show my support.

#471511 Qotd: What "other" Hot Hatch Would You Buy?

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 02:27 PM in Off-Topic

Thought about it a lot and would love an early golf or a mini - but I'd rather do up my EK Civic over the next few years. Its the daily where the CRX is my project, but I'd like a little more out of it. Gotta do a few things to get the gen 1 back on the road first though.

#471480 New Zealand Targa Rally Pictures

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 04:07 AM in Off-Topic

(watermarked this half-heartedly then realised I couldn't be bothered doing it on other pics.)

And messing around in photoshop =

For more - check my flickr, more of this event and a few other car pics there too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wozza_nz/

Unfortunatly the price of doing this then getting wisdom teeth out has put my Gen 1 on hold for a bit. Awesome week though (wisdom teeth were a differant week)

#471479 New Zealand Targa Rally Pictures

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 04:06 AM in Off-Topic

Took a week off work to watch this event. There are a few stages each day and it progresses down the length of the South Island. Love how there is a real mixture of cvars and that they close off really interesting backroads. Because of road closures its hard to get to multiple stages in a day though.

Haven't been around here in a few weeks but thought being car fans - hopefully the pics are interesting.

#471478 Matt's Crx Tidy Up

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 04:01 AM in Projects

Comming along well man, think I commented over at NZH a while ago. But NZ Represent on Red Pepper smile.gif

Will have to look you up next time I'm in auckl and get some pics of it, who knows might even take mine for a roadtrip sometime when its back on the road.

#471477 I Am Not Normally A Sticker Guy...

Posted by Wozza on 04 December 2009 - 03:49 AM in General Posts

/watches thread - I need a set, excpet I'm right out in remote NZ...

#463297 Crx Si Honda Poster .tif If You Want It

Posted by Wozza on 24 September 2009 - 06:39 AM in General Posts

Can't wait to download and print! smile.gif

#460450 :::rpr's Hottest 1st Gens!:::

Posted by Wozza on 03 September 2009 - 01:40 AM in Appearance

Haha unfortunatly those were taken at a Honda meet with about 20+ cars and I had to get through the whole lot before we were kicked out of the carpark. Once my 1st gen is back on the road, we are going to have to have a more in-depth shoot with both cars.

#452143 :::rpr's Hottest 1st Gens!:::

Posted by Wozza on 13 July 2009 - 01:58 AM in Appearance

QUOTE (ash d-series @ Jul 13 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the wheels, what are they?

Not too sure sorry, they don't seem to be branded. I'm going to get some lighter weight rims at some stage, but these have grown on me so I'll use them as my street wheels.