balladeSports's Content

There have been 253 items by balladeSports (Search limited from 11-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#113675 Port And Polish Throttle Body

Posted by balladeSports on 03 October 2004 - 08:36 PM in 1G CRX

Yup the boys are right on the money.
I ported the primary to match the butterfly. I noticed a nice gain at the top end.
the motor now pulls right to redline with out any problem.
I used a dremel and cut a good portion of the material away then ported and polished.
Someone here has a how-to on this mod.

#108679 I Located My Unicorn

Posted by balladeSports on 11 September 2004 - 01:01 PM in Off-Topic

Not Cool

#104768 Performance Stats 1st Gen Crx V.s 2nd Gen

Posted by balladeSports on 26 August 2004 - 05:14 PM in General Posts

I've got every artical on both the 1st and 2nd gen CRX.
1985 CRX si was fastest CRX to hit our shores hands down. both in the 1/4 and 0-60 also in the handling department the 1st gen was better. However the 2nd gen did have better brakes.
Keep in mind 0-60, 1/4 mile and skidpad readings don't always give a propper measurment of a cars performance. Only the track can do that.

#103025 The Crx Site

Posted by balladeSports on 21 August 2004 - 02:04 PM in General Posts

Hay guys just changed the site address. thought you whould want the update, or view for the first time.

http://www.40oz.ca/crx/page1.htm

#101514 Bigger Brake Booster

Posted by balladeSports on 16 August 2004 - 08:37 AM in General Posts

update

Well just finished the swap.
The problem with the mushy peddle DIDNOT go away
However the brakes are very strong and very sessitive.
The larger Brake booster and master cylinder made the system work better by pushing more volume to the brakes faster with less effort.
But if I still push on the peddle while the car is running the peddle will slowly keep moving almost to the floor.
With the motor off the peddle becomes rock hard right at the top.
Their are no leakes in the system.
Cheers

#99927 Bigger Brake Booster

Posted by balladeSports on 10 August 2004 - 08:52 AM in General Posts

Should be done some time this week. The reason I'm doing is is because my brakes on the 91 integra suck!!!!!!!! So I'm changing everything.

#99823 Bigger Brake Booster

Posted by balladeSports on 09 August 2004 - 10:07 PM in General Posts

Hay guys how is everyone?
Anyway I've been working on my 91 integra brakes and got a larger Booster and a Larger master cylinder from a integra with ABS. The larger master cylinder will give me a harder peddle but what will the larger Brake Booster do?
Any ideas.
More Power?

#91957 Clutch Q

Posted by balladeSports on 09 July 2004 - 10:44 AM in General Posts

From my experience go with a factory disk !!!!!!!!
CF's don't last
I've seen Factory Clutches with over 250,000 work better.

#90264 Well... It Sure Has Been Awhile.

Posted by balladeSports on 02 July 2004 - 09:33 AM in General Posts

Never was a big fan of VW's but the Corrado is a nice car. Why did they stop making them?

#90036 What Size T-bars For Street?

Posted by balladeSports on 01 July 2004 - 12:37 PM in General Posts

I'm running 22mm 4WD wagon bars with the CRX torque tubes. I'm also running Tokico Blues. Car has the 1.5 and is also very low. The ride is nice......... could be better......... but it's nice. The bars made a nice diffrence. My next mod will be Shortened Koni's on the front.

#89800 Manual Steering Rack For Da Integra

Posted by balladeSports on 30 June 2004 - 09:15 AM in General Posts

I did the HF Steering rack swap into my 85 Si CRX last winter, what an improvement. But I just hate the feeling the P.S setup has Also any weight advantage would be wonderful.
i'll let you know what I'm doing.

#89759 Manual Steering Rack For Da Integra

Posted by balladeSports on 30 June 2004 - 01:31 AM in General Posts

Way off topic but i'm sure some of you might know this.
I just want to know if an 88-91 Civic rack will "Bolt On" my 91 Integra
I hate Power Steering!!!!!! Is this a simple swap?
Thanks

#89756 Who Would Scrap This?

Posted by balladeSports on 30 June 2004 - 01:21 AM in General Posts

Right on Buddy
The radio is from both a Civic Prelude or accord they all had the same optional decks.
Keep us up to date on the end result

#84698 Back From The Wedding!

Posted by balladeSports on 10 June 2004 - 11:57 PM in General Posts

Me and my new wife just got home from the honey moon and I thought I'd fill you guys in. The wedding was great. My wife even drove the wedding car (MY CRX) to the reception what a blast. For the honey moon we drove from Halifax back home (Barrie) stopping along the way in Quebec City, Ottawa and other small towns. The CRX worked perfect with not even so much as a squeak.
I'll have photos up in a few days.
Cheers

#81711 How To Measure Cam

Posted by balladeSports on 28 May 2004 - 08:50 AM in General Posts

Just got a performance Cam from a friend and want to know who in Ontario can measure it? Is this a difficult thing or simple. It's a regrind.
Thanks

#80089 B16a Vs B18a

Posted by balladeSports on 23 May 2004 - 01:34 PM in General Posts

Thats what I was thinking. But others say "B16A B16A B16A". I'm sure with a header and intake the B18 would be better on the street Plus saveing me some money not buying the Y1 tranny with the short gearing.

#80057 B16a Vs B18a

Posted by balladeSports on 23 May 2004 - 10:08 AM in General Posts

Hi Guys
Way off topic. I'm replacing the motor in my 91 RS integra. and was wondering what motor would be better. This car will be a daily driver might have a header and an intake (thats all) The trans in my car is great so price wise the B18A would be cheaper. But I was wondering if the B16a in my integra would be a bit slower then a JDM B18A due to the lower tourque.

Straight swap what would be faster B16A or B18A in a 91 Integra RS ? tourque vs Horse power

#79755 Weird Tranny Problem

Posted by balladeSports on 21 May 2004 - 06:48 PM in General Posts

Shift fork makes sense. I replaced the little ball bearings and spring bolt combos that are on the out side of the bell houseing last night, and that made a diffrence but it still does it sometimes.
Fisrt and second share the same synchro RING, which slides between the two gears. The brass synchros are between the sleave and the gear. The shift fork is what sits on the RING

#79509 Weird Tranny Problem

Posted by balladeSports on 21 May 2004 - 12:03 AM in General Posts

I'll be driving and coming to a stop. Put the clutch in and it won't go into first. So I let the clutch out and in and everything is fine again. It also sticks in gear if I put it into 1st before coming to the stop and trying and pull it out. This only happens sometimes. and doesn't effect any other aspects of driving.
No wierd sounds, shifting is still smooth while driving. Can't figure it out. Could it be the clutch acting up? Pressure plate?

#78859 H4 Bosch Head Light Conversion

Posted by balladeSports on 18 May 2004 - 08:25 PM in General Posts

Just finished my H4 headlight converstion. with the help of Tom I picked up some integra H4 plugs and by using a pin tool I exchanged the wire from the CRX into the integra plug (factory fresh!!!!!!)
using 60-55 watt bulbs The lighting on low beam is about the same but by Using a hand held light meter I determined the hi beams are twice as bright.

This information is regarding a 1985 crx

#78818 What's Wrong With This Picture?

Posted by balladeSports on 18 May 2004 - 04:57 PM in General Posts

man thats unreal!!!!!

#78659 Replacing The Main Shaft Bearing

Posted by balladeSports on 17 May 2004 - 11:39 PM in 1G CRX

Your main shaft bearing is dead. And it's not hard to change just time consuming.
Drain fluids,
drop the tranny.
Take end cap off,
take big nut off counter shaft.
Take shift fork off (roll pin)
take 5th gear assm off.
take the 3- 12mm bolts/spring and ball bearings out of the side of tranny.
Undo all the 12mm bell housing bolts off.
Pry the housing off,
take shift forks off (might be a role pin or two here)
pop off reverse gear
take both the main shaft and counter shaft out at the same time.
replace main shat bearing.

It's not hard just be organized and use a manual. There actually an easy tranny to rebuild.

#78657 Sound Deadener Removal

Posted by balladeSports on 17 May 2004 - 11:29 PM in 1G CRX

Took about an hour when it was -30 outside. chip chip chip. easy

#78172 Grinding To Reverse

Posted by balladeSports on 15 May 2004 - 07:15 PM in 3G Civic

Whats with all the shifting? All ya got to do is put the clutch in, WAIT a second or two then put it into reverese. the reason it grinds is because #1 theres no synchro #2 you need to wait for the cuntershaft to slow down.
Try it.
1. at a quick pace put the cluch in then shift to Reverse. CRUNCH!!!!!!
2. then put the clutch in WAIT 3-5 seconds then put it in Reverse. tick
No more shufting into 1st 2nd........
wouldn't make a diffrence anyway reverse and 5th are on the same rod.

#78168 2006 Crx

Posted by balladeSports on 15 May 2004 - 07:03 PM in General Posts

It's going to be 1984 all over again.(MR2, CRX, RX7, Fiero,....... Pontiac is comming out this that Solstice so honda will follow suit with the CRX. It's going to happen it's just a matter of time.