Aaron's Content

There have been 41 items by Aaron (Search limited from 08-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#361647 Rear Mat

Posted by Aaron on 20 November 2007 - 02:29 PM in General Posts

Any pictures to show the fitment?

#361646 Thanks Tom!

Posted by Aaron on 20 November 2007 - 02:26 PM in General Posts

So glad this fourm is back!

and lol at the computer haha

#361550 The Difference Between Koni Yellows And Tokico Illuminas

Posted by Aaron on 15 November 2007 - 10:38 PM in General Posts

I believe the Illuminas are better and have more adjustibilty. But they are big $. Well its at least like that for my Mazda, the Illuminas are basically top of the line for my Mazda but big $.

Not to sure about these ol great Hondas!

#361538 So Proud Of Us.

Posted by Aaron on 15 November 2007 - 10:12 PM in General Posts

$1199.......... Well that counts me out haha

#361537 Stepson's Sentra

Posted by Aaron on 15 November 2007 - 10:09 PM in Off-Topic

Have you checked the ground wire?

#361529 So Proud Of Us.

Posted by Aaron on 15 November 2007 - 09:37 PM in General Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. How much are the kits lol?

#361090 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 13 November 2007 - 09:59 PM in General Posts

Yeah its cool man, glad your being honest.

But if I can find a Blue Center counsel (my interior is blue) then I will just sell you this one. Or if you find a Blue counsel (including cig lighter, etc) then we can just switch!

#360925 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 10:09 PM in General Posts

Yeah, and I have a blue counsel and its black. This sucks, I knew I should of waited till like the last 10 secs

#360919 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 09:50 PM in General Posts

Well I won, but wtf. That sweatpeawhatever guy kept bidding like 10 times in a row to get it up higher. This sucks, I ended up paying $71 dollars.

I really hope that the seller didn't make another account or that his friend did it on purpose. That would be an asshole move. To bad I cant cancel it now.

#360910 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 09:30 PM in General Posts

Oh thanks man! I appreciate it a lot.

I am going to try to, and I live in VA Beach (well 30 mins from it) so I can just go pick it up!

#360901 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 09:09 PM in General Posts

Yeah, the part that they ripped and cracked pieces of the dash out is all right there! No need for a new dash now if I win this!

They ripped the bottom part of the dash where the cigerette lighter is, so it cant go back up because the railings that holds it and stuff all ripped off with it sad.gif

#360898 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 09:00 PM in General Posts

Alright thats what I thought, Was just making sure before I payed the money!

Thanks man

#360894 Center Counsel Question

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 08:29 PM in General Posts

Sup,

I was wondering if the 87 SI center counsel will fit a 84 DX!?!?!?!

1 hour left! haha, would like to know ASAP.

Thanks!

edit: looking to buy this if it does fit (someone broke into my car and ripped the whole counsel/bottom part of dash out sad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

#360892 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 08:16 PM in 1G CRX

Alright, will do!

Oh and thanks for all the help!

#360826 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 12 November 2007 - 08:33 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah, I hope its going to look brand new again!

Anyways, now where can I find/get a SI head?

#360731 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 11 November 2007 - 03:13 PM in 1G CRX

hahaha yeah, I am liking the Carb setup right about now smile.gif Don't want to deal with all those fuel injected stuff right now.

So here is what I am going to do. New short block, Si head, then just use my current manifold and carb! Put on all my new fenders and bumpers, drive it to my buddies body shop, he will take the 2 dents out, re aline the bumpers, and then paint it! Then drive it back to my house, and put in my new carpet, then try and find new seats! Then it is complete!

p.s- My friend is going to do the paint/body work for $750!!!! I love knowing people haha. He does great work to, hes been doing body work since he was 16! I cant wait to get it done!

p.ss- can I switch to the electric fuel pump anyways? Even if I use the DX cam and distributer?

#360725 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 11 November 2007 - 02:09 PM in 1G CRX

So no matter what, I will have to switch to fuel injected? What exactly do I need to do to switch to FI? I kinda know but I want to be 100% sure so I don't have to go back/ mess anything up lol. Would I have to use a SI Manifold?

And where can I get one of these SI beauties!

#360691 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 11 November 2007 - 02:52 AM in 1G CRX

Its not that I am going to rush it. Its that I just want to get it done and would like it to be hassel free and easiest way to avoid trouble/problems I guess. I don't want to do a lot of lil different things just to get a diff head on it (which is time) or run into a whole bunch of fitting issues, mechanical issues, is it going to work, etc (which is more time). I have never rushed any engine rebuild, or anything with cars actually. I always do it the right way, I am going to take my time on it because its not worth making a lil mistake then having to go back in and do it all over again. And motors are a critical factor so you have to do it right.

so if I get a SI head off of a 85-87 crx, it will be a direct bolt on. and I can still use my weber carb (I trashed my original carb, it was a goner).

#360681 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 11 November 2007 - 12:50 AM in 1G CRX

I don't have the time right now to do any custom or to fab anything up or money. I have work and school and just finished swapping a crate/remanufactored motor into my mazda. I just want to get my Honda running again. I don't really care about speed or anything for the honda. Just going to restore it (new engine, paint, and interior) I just want to get it out of my garage and on the street for a DD! Its a fun lil car to drive, and its very rare around here and its been almost 6 months since i've driven it sad.gif tired of putting it off, just want to get it done lol.

So with that said, that is why I am just looking to most likely get the short block from JIC then take the head to a machine shop. But thank you for the info about the heads, If I ever want to go back and do it, now I know!

But your saying the SI head is a direct bolt on? I already have a weber carb.

#360605 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 10 November 2007 - 11:16 AM in 1G CRX

So if I buy the shortblock from JIS, will the SI or D16a1 head be a direct bolt on? And will all the parts that you have to take off (Carb, etc) will it be a direct bolt on back on the diff head?

p.s- I would like a new motor or complete rebuild kit because the rex has 250,xxx miles on it..... yeah lol

p.ss- Thinking about just getting that shortblock from JIS with the core charge. Then take the head to a machine shop to get milled, resurfaced, etc. Maybe buy new valves from Majestic.

#360575 Rebuild Kit/new Motor

Posted by Aaron on 10 November 2007 - 12:49 AM in 1G CRX

So blown headgasket. Time to pull and rebuild the motor or just replace it. I have a couple questions though.

1) Is this the Carb'd motor for the 84' Honda CRX DX 1.5?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

2) Or should I just buy a rebuild kit from this site?
http://www.rpmrons.com/Hondakits1.html

Thanks. If the ebay auction is the right motor then I will most likely go for the 1st option. And is it a direct swap in? Just have to bring the other parts over to the crate motor?

Answers ASAP would be perfect, since the auction is over on the 13th smile.gif thanks

#351610 Gas Leak On 84' Crx

Posted by Aaron on 31 August 2007 - 12:19 AM in 1G CRX

Alright man, thanks! I'll get to that when I have time and let you know if it fixes it.

#351601 Gas Leak On 84' Crx

Posted by Aaron on 30 August 2007 - 11:16 PM in 1G CRX

So I should just pull the top of the carb off and clean the float? Then check the needle for dirt and clean it?

#351573 Gas Leak On 84' Crx

Posted by Aaron on 30 August 2007 - 06:51 PM in 1G CRX

I have a weber carberator though. Is it the same procedure and location?

#351563 Gas Leak On 84' Crx

Posted by Aaron on 30 August 2007 - 05:00 PM in Carbs

Crap crap crap.... So today I went to go finish my honda and decided to finally fix the (what I thought)slow oil leak that has been dripping very slowly. So I jacked up the car and checked everything (oil filter, plug, lines, oil pan was fine). To be sure, I tightened the plug a little more. So I unjacked the car and looked and it wasn't leaking and I checked the oil, and the oil was still full. So it wasn't the oil.

So I was like Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, is it any fluid. I checked everything and everything was fine. I was stumped and decided to start the car to see if anything was running funny (havn't started it in months)

After a lot of cranks and giving gas, it started! I noticed the gas gauge was lower then I thought, but couldn't remember how high it was. Everything sounded fine and then all of a sudden......... I sniff, I sniff a lot of gas, then it got stronger. So I shut the car off, checked the engine and I couldn't see any leaks. I then looked under the car and Low and behold, it was dripping like ice cream on a very very hot day. It was dripping to the left of the oil pan ( I didn't see where the dripping was, I just saw the spots under the car). So I raised the car up and by that time, It started to drip slow so I couldn't find it.

So I searched and searched and couldn't find the leak. The fuel filter was good, it looked like the lines were good (although I couldn't see that well). I then looked at the alternator and it looked like it had corrosion on it. So I new the leak has to be above the alternator or by it. The alternator is right above the oil pan to the left. So now I really know it is right around that section, I just don't know what the hell it is.

AHhhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone have any ideas what it could be. I am going to fully check all the lines tomorrow.

Cliffs
----------------
1) It ended up not being the oil leak
2) Turned car on and strong scent of gas came to me
3) Looked under the car and it was dripping fast of gas
4) Fuel filter is good, quick check of the lines and they look good
5) Dripping left to the oil pan, above the alternator
6) WHAT THE HELL DO YOU GUYS THINK IT COULD BE!!!
7) I'm going to fully check it out tomorrow and fully check the lines.