Xanok's Content

There have been 6 items by Xanok (Search limited from 04-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#302107 Fuel Pump

Posted by Xanok on 23 October 2006 - 03:14 PM in General Posts

Any suggestions on how I can find the leaks in the carb? Thanks.

#301980 Fuel Pump

Posted by Xanok on 23 October 2006 - 12:49 AM in General Posts

Well to help a little more, I fogot to mention that my car smokes when I start it up. Its more of a dark white smoke.(means i'm running rich right?) But then it goes away after a while.

If I am running rich is there anyway I can fix it at home? Im new to cars so I dont know much about them. sad.gif

#301975 Fuel Pump

Posted by Xanok on 23 October 2006 - 12:26 AM in General Posts

Atleast i'm not the only one with this problem. Hopfully someone will come in and help clear this up for us. I have no job ATM so I need to be shure before I buy something.

#301969 Fuel Pump

Posted by Xanok on 23 October 2006 - 12:01 AM in General Posts

So I recently bought a beater 84 CRX.

A few gas tanks later and I am starting to see a decreace in MPG. First I got about 30 mpg, the next is about 20 and now I put in 16$ worth of gas, im on empty with 156 miles on that tank.

When I drive, I can smell fuel from inside my car. (someone said that might be because a cylinder has no compression?) And recently when I accelerate, I can feel the car studder.

Is this the case of a bad fuel pump? Or am I having other problems.

Thanks

#295651 Oh No....

Posted by Xanok on 25 September 2006 - 05:14 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (kamikaze_fish @ Sep 25 2006, 03:17 PM)
and make sure you tell them you're using something with power.  If you tell them you're using 2006 f150 for pulling they'll say no.  They're wierd about what they do or don't allow to pull a tow dolly.

It depends on what you are towing, the 06 F-150 is more than cappable of towing a honda accord. As long as the vehicle weighs 800lbs more than the car thats going to be towed its fine.

But you do have to be honest about the vehilce you are going to tow it with since they will inspect it at the time of pick up

Call 1800-Go-Uhaul or go to the website they can tell you what is compatible or not, as well as make a reservation for you.

#295556 Oh No....

Posted by Xanok on 25 September 2006 - 12:52 PM in General Posts

Yea, I used to work at uhaul. Rent a Auto transport at your local location for 49.95$ make shure you have a truck with a class 3 hitch (cappable of towing 5k lbs.(yes I know its a CRX, but they dont care about that)).

When they ask for what vehicle you are going to tow, dont tell them its a CRX, because its probally to low to the ground by their standards and wont let you tow it. Go with something like a 89 Accord or some family sedan.