kacivic's Content

There have been 34 items by kacivic (Search limited from 01-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#319379 '86 Si Part Out

Posted by kacivic on 22 January 2007 - 09:06 PM in FS

I will be sending a pm/email to everyone who had asked me for parts. Thanks for your interest, but it turned out after having the car back in my possession that circumstances were different than I was led to believe.

#319371 My Car

Posted by kacivic on 22 January 2007 - 08:44 PM in Projects

guess this project is done. engine blew sat. and don't know that it'd be worth it to replace the engine in a $500 car. look for a parts thread...

#308138 Picked Up A New Ride

Posted by kacivic on 20 November 2006 - 12:05 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (hawk86 @ Nov 20 2006, 11:53 AM)
6 or 8 what?? its a 94

i assume 6 or 8 cyl, although stock those came 4 or 6, but it could be swapped (i've seen more than one s-10/LS-1).

nice looking truck! the only thing i'd do differently with it is to cover the hole in the bed w/ a sheet metal hump. just think it looks cleaner that way

#297806 Stuff I Need To Get Rid Of (mostly Free)

Posted by kacivic on 03 October 2006 - 12:52 PM in FS

QUOTE (red-noser @ Oct 3 2006, 10:30 AM)
I am interested in shifter. need to know shipping to 72031

probably just $4.50 or so... i use usps priority for most of my shipping
QUOTE (zakats @ Oct 3 2006, 09:19 AM)
ooow center console im interested in the pics

i should have pics up this evening.

#297585 Stuff I Need To Get Rid Of (mostly Free)

Posted by kacivic on 02 October 2006 - 07:20 PM in FS

Free stuff listed first...

13" steel wheels, 2 decent tires, 2 dead. free if you'll pick them up. dumpster gets them in 1 week.

front and rear '86 si seats, gray. fabric is coming unstitched at seams, but all seats free if you want to come get them

a/c components - when i get them pulled i'm probably just gonna trash them. let me know if you need anything (doesn't currently have a charge, don't know if there's a leak)

red center tail light panel. one of the reverse light lenses has come loose, don't know if it can be fixed. free + cost of shipping if you want it.

stock shifter. free + shipping.

center console - its got the cd/cassette pocket at the very front. i'll get some pics. don't know what it's worth, but make an offer if you're interested

cat in the background of first pic very lightly used, but free to a good home tongue.gif also, i have the piece that broke off of the front console section, don't know if it could be fixed, but also have the plastic cover that goes on the very back.

rear cargo privacy cover. very good shape, make offer (i paid around $50, so please no less) pics here soon too

if anyone has any front corners in good shape i need some ('86)

#295241 My Car

Posted by kacivic on 24 September 2006 - 04:02 PM in Projects

newest parts just arrived... DC short shifter and energy suspension urethane shifter bushings... can't wait to get them dropped in.

also, i think i've decided i'm gonna start taking off the unnecessary parts of my car... A/c components, center console, etc... anything i have that's of use i'll probably be interested in selling.

#290365 Blessing In Disguise?

Posted by kacivic on 09 September 2006 - 10:24 AM in 3G Civic

So... last sunday my wife's integra got hit. found out that insurance has decided to total the car and they'll give me 4200 or i keep it and get 3200...

Found a 4 door civic for her for 2400, so looks like i've got a b18b to drop into my car... smile.gif

i guess now i'll be looking for a set of mounts, cable tranny, axles and an hf radiator...

i guess with the exception of the stress this has caused her, this has been a pretty good week!

pics of the teg...

#289500 Another Ebay Steal

Posted by kacivic on 06 September 2006 - 10:46 AM in General Posts

so does it matter that they've got valve relief cut for 4 valves and the EW is only 3 valves/cyl.?

#289499 Important Trick - Locked Keys In Car?

Posted by kacivic on 06 September 2006 - 10:44 AM in General Posts

i guess since i don't have power locks or a remote that trying this would be futile...

#288189 My Car

Posted by kacivic on 02 September 2006 - 06:18 PM in Projects

picture of the slightly re-worked front end. i noticed that the lower radiator support is bent, but it is also just bolt in... may try and find a straight one and see if i can straighten it out a bit more...

and the wheels i picked up. my uncle has a 2g crx w/ mugen wheels, and these are apparently the wheels that he got the car with. a major improvement over the steelies i think. now just to get the one extra tire so i can complete the set.

#288187 Didnt Know They Had Sedan Body Kits..

Posted by kacivic on 02 September 2006 - 06:10 PM in 3G Civic

but you can't beat a $300 final bid...

#288186 Seats That Fit 3g Civic

Posted by kacivic on 02 September 2006 - 06:07 PM in 3G Civic

i've got '91 prelude seats in my hatch, but takes quite a bit of work to make them safe...

#287692 Have You Ever Noticed

Posted by kacivic on 01 September 2006 - 11:02 AM in General Posts

i got the same thing from mustang drivers in my old mustang, but in my teg it's mostly just people wanting to race... just immaturity i guess.

#287691 Need A B16a Swap For 85 Crx Si Convertible

Posted by kacivic on 01 September 2006 - 11:00 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 05:31 PM)
-half size HF (or equivalent) radiator helps a lot

yes, it is smaller, but the point is to give you more room. the header on the smaller si engine sits almost right up against the radiator in my car, and i assume that by using the smaller radiator you're opening up more room in front of the engine, which is important b/c the B series is much bigger than the si engine from what i can see.
http://www.redpepper.../DSC01698-1.jpg

#286010 87crxdx

Posted by kacivic on 27 August 2006 - 11:38 AM in General Posts

wow. it's nice to see that someone else has made the prelude seats fit. i ended up using the stock inside front bolt, and then using stock front and rear outside mounting points w/ studs and spacers. hadn't figured out what to do about that fourth mounting point yet though... i'll take a look at tying it into the seatbelt mount.

#286008 Ebay Drilled/slotted Rotors

Posted by kacivic on 27 August 2006 - 11:31 AM in General Posts

but if you maintain stock diameter, then you also lose brake surface by going to a drilled and/or slotted disk. for a run as short as auto-x, wouldn't it just make more sense to get higher temp pads?

#284293 Ew Power Options

Posted by kacivic on 20 August 2006 - 11:43 PM in 3G Civic

thanks madkore. when i said "performance rebuild" i really didn't mean that i wanted anything particularly custom, just some kind of rebuild kit that would allow the transmission to stand up to higher power without falling apart

#284195 My Car

Posted by kacivic on 20 August 2006 - 12:50 PM in Projects

badpenny: yes i got this off of the austin craigslist.

screech: first one w/ torsion bars... should be fun though. seems light enough and powerful enough that it should make a fun auto-crosser

i'll post up some more recent shots of the front end. still isn't that good, but definately better...

and if anyone's interested in a set of ss braided brake lines, they're new in the box and i think i need a different set for my future brake setup.

#283838 Texas Members

Posted by kacivic on 18 August 2006 - 03:22 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (1GenAZrex @ Aug 14 2006, 11:37 AM)
blink.gif Thanks for the warning JEFFtheJ00la I don't need to see that drag guy  ohmy.gif
thanks for the tips. I definatly wanna see the Stevie statue
sounds like I will have fun. 
I know other people from my jorb that said I might not wanna come back. so I am looking forward to it
<------ taking notes buy vegetable oil !!

are you kidding??? everybody that comes to Austin has to meet Leslie! he's actually run for mayor before. He's very well educated and quite a hoot to talk to, but yes, very eccentric.

Autocross in College Station on Sept. 10. I'll probably be going if I get my brakes figured out by then

Off topic side question: any of you texas guys on www.texasracingscene.com? that's the main board i hang out on.

#283793 My Car

Posted by kacivic on 18 August 2006 - 12:36 PM in Projects

Ok, I don't yet have an actual plan for my car, but I've decided that her journey shall be chronicled (if that's really a word...).

I purchased the car with 209k miles. The owner was asking $700, but the car had been sitting for 8 months, so naturally the battery was dead. Rather than coming to this conclusion, he assumed the starter was bad and told me he was dropping his asking price to $500. A simple jump start and we were on our way.

The bad:
-front end damage

-bad brakes

My first goal is to get the car to stop well, and then we'll see about making it faster.

First off, keeping track of what I've spent on this car:

Vehicle Purchase: $500

Brake Master Cylinder: $90
Brake Booster: $75
SS brake lines: $45
Brembo front replacement rotors: $48
EBC Green Stuff pads: $57
Integra rear calipers/brackets: $50

Front right fender: $40
Sunroof glass: $75
Rear Cargo cover: $20 blink.gif
Taillight center piece: $40
'91 Prelude seats: $80

If I can find a set, I'd like to put some 15" Honda/Integra LS mesh wheels on it.

#283232 Ew Power Options

Posted by kacivic on 16 August 2006 - 11:32 PM in 3G Civic

i've only got a few months left of school before i graduate w/ a mech. engr. degree, so i expect that money won't be much of a problem in the near future...

my uncle had an '86 si for several years (where i got the old JR catalogue) and he did the cam/lightened flywheel etc and my aunt said that the car was unbearable (for her). i'd like to keep this a street friendly car, and since i only paid $500 for it, i'm reluctant to drop too much money into it too soon.

i'd really like to piece together a turbo kit since i've never done turbo, but at the same time i'm thinking i'd rather just save my money for the B swap. i honestly think that if i was getting 125-150 hp at the wheels it would be more than i really need.

ALSO... i was at work yesterday and this guy came in. turns out he was one of the owners of my civic from early in its life and gave me a little of it's history. even tho the engine has 210k on it, apparently he had the cylinders bored & put new rings in, as well as having the injectors professionally cleaned, etc. it certainly runs really well considering the mileage and the fact that the guy i bought it from neglected it for 5 years.

So, i think i'm gonna do a compression test and then start looking into the turbo setup... which brings 2 more questions.

1) any suggestions for a performance rebuild of a transmission and
2) any suggestions on turbo manifolds for the EW, or will it have to be custom?

#283071 Edm Stuff For 3g/1g Terrafox Back In Action :-d

Posted by kacivic on 16 August 2006 - 02:39 PM in FS

i also just sent a pm about headlights/corner lights

#283064 Ew Power Options

Posted by kacivic on 16 August 2006 - 02:10 PM in 3G Civic

Ok, so had my EW4 G3 for about 2 weeks now, and I think I've about gotten the brake issues resolved. Should just be a minor adjustment on the brake booster rod, then w/ my Brembo rotors and EBC green stuff pads & integra rear disk setup, I should be able to stop reliably.

So, now it's time to give her a little more "pick-up". It looks like my main options are to try and yank a D16/tranny/axles/etc. out of the local junkyard and retire my 210k ew4, or just mod this. That debate I'll be having with my wife... but anyway, I'm not looking to spend a ton of money, but have just a few (i think) pretty basic questions to start off...

Header options: What i've found so far are a Pacesetter header and a Chikara (hedman) header. Both of these are a 4-2-1 design and should bolt up directly to my existing exhaust setup w/ no major modification. Both are also right around $150 (really cheap for Honda headers, in my experience). So then my question is, are there any other options available, and what would be my best bet.

Intake options: Does anyone make a custom fit cold air style kit for this car? I haven't been able to find anything yet, but it looks like it shouldn't be hard to make my own. I'm kind of leaning towards relocating my battery to the trunk anyway, so I think I should have plenty of room to make my piping fit.

Suspension options: I've followed most of the links for parts listed in the How-to section, but it seems that most of the sites listed are manufacturer's websites and they don't actually sell the parts on those sites. I'm looking for a pretty simple rear setup that will lower the car about 1" and give a slightly stiffer ride. Are there any specific setups that you guys recommend?

I don't know much about front torsion bars and their stiffness/lowering capacity/etc. but I will do a search on that specifically before I ask any specific questions there.

Also looking for strut tower braces and sway bar options.

Sorry for making this such a long post, but it seems that there is not much of an aftermarket easily accessable for these cars. I've got a 1988 Jackson Racing catalogue and wish I could just order parts directly out of that. I'm gonna call them probably within the week and see if they still make any of those parts...

Anyway, thanks in advance for your paitence/help

#282405 3g Civic/1g Crx Wagovan & Sedan Jdm/edm Parts

Posted by kacivic on 14 August 2006 - 11:57 AM in FS

i was under the impression that those mugen cf-48's only came in 13" and 14", and there were only a handfull of prototypes made in 15" ? dunno, just what i've heard

#282089 B Series Mounts

Posted by kacivic on 13 August 2006 - 12:17 PM in General Posts

cool... i'd really like some affordable mounts. i've got an LS engine just sitting in my wife's integra waiting to jump into my '86...