warder's Content

There have been 180 items by warder (Search limited from 25-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#318473 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 17 January 2007 - 05:23 PM in 3G Civic

!!!!!!!!!!! I have questions!

I just went out and messed with the car a little bit. When I do get it to run, it runs off only the second cylinder. I figured this out because when it runs, its way off balance, plus it only makes 1 pop when it seems like it should be making 4. I unplugged each spark plug one by one to see which one was running the car and its only the second one. So my question is, would this be my ignition timing that just got out of allignment that made it run worse and worse then not even sparking on the other 3? Im gonna take the plugs out later when my dad gets home to see if theyre damaged or anything. Woo I think I might be able to get my car working again.

#316106 We Need A Sunroof Recall!

Posted by warder on 04 January 2007 - 03:45 PM in 3G Civic

If youre really ghetto like me you can drive fast with a tube of amazing goop and put it on while the wind is keeping the glass up, it works alot better than super glue. I definitally recommend what he said though.

#315890 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 03 January 2007 - 04:20 PM in 3G Civic

Alright well it runs.. really hard still. When I give it gas it bogs down and wants to die but other times it will rev up... gonna check the ignition timing.

#315788 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 08:55 PM in 3G Civic

Ill try that tomorrow.

#315754 Wtb: '86 Ew4/d15a3 Distributor

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 05:51 PM in WTB

Im in VA, my car isnt running good for an unknown reason, but if I find out what it is and its not the dist, you can buy mine. Im giving up on it as we speak. Its from a 86 SI hatch.

#315753 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 05:48 PM in 3G Civic

Yeah.. but its still not running good even with the cat off.. dry.gif

#315749 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 05:21 PM in 3G Civic

But thats the thing.. Took the cat off, now it runs, but really really hard. The whole engine shakes and i have to hold the accelerator for a good few seconds before it actualyl gets up and starts to rev.

#315747 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 05:16 PM in 3G Civic

The first light is lit up which means the o2 sensor is shorted out or malfunctioning..

#315735 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 03:55 PM in 3G Civic

Alright well I ran it like that... HOLY SHIT is it loud. Ok so at first there didnt seem to be a difference. Then I waited like ten minutes
and kept trying to start it.. Now if I start it, it runs! BUT really horrible. But if I give it gas it will rev up now. Before it would just die. Maybe its just bad gas? I dont know where the hell I would have gotten bad gas though.

Also the code 3 on the ecu went away.

#315730 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 03:15 PM in 3G Civic

So is it safe to run the car without any thing but the manifold on? Isnt it gonna be insanely loud?

#315711 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 02 January 2007 - 01:04 PM in 3G Civic

wait you mean hollow out the cat and put it back on? I mean I dont have anything to loose.. Here in VA the emmisions dont matter anyways. Interesting.. BTW Code 3 comes up on the ECU!

#315600 New Years Resolution...

Posted by warder on 01 January 2007 - 12:04 PM in 3G Civic

Happy New Years everyone..

Im at a loss for words. Right when I have the possibility to get started again on rebuilding my car, it decides to commit suicide. WHY DO ALL MY CARS COMMIT SUICIDE?! Well more I killed it..

Heres what happened.

Last night I was out at my friends cabin in my car, I spent the night. This morning when I got up and started the car it didnt warm up. It just went straight to normal idle around 750rpms... I didnt think much of it at the time.

So Im on my way home, going down the moutain. Everythings fine and dandy.. Im kinda out of it for obvious reasons... but then I finally noticed I was on flat land losing speed in 5th gear. So I was like.. wtf! ph34r.gif I pulled off the road and checked it out. The engine started rattling and Im guessing it wasent firing on one cylinder. So I tried to wiggle the spark wires and reset the ecu. That didnt help. I didnt have cell phone service where I was and my only choice was to drive. As I drove it got progressivly worse.. I felt so bad but there was nothing I could do but keep driving til I got cell phone service. But by the time I did it was too late. I had to downshift more and more, until finally I was in first gear... slowing down... til the car just wouldnt go. It happened to be half way up my drive way when it finally wouldnt go any further... Ive poured so much money into this car. I really love it, if only it was 20 years newer. I dont have the technical know how, or the time, or the patience to deal with it anymore.

Im not sure what Im going to do yet. But Im pretty sure my car is dead. The engine had a good 209k miles on it. Theres not much to salvage from it other than the new alternator, battery, and the brakes.

Im just wondering what went wrong. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened?

#310118 While Im At It...

Posted by warder on 29 November 2006 - 09:20 PM in 3G Civic

Soon this winter when Ive got the time I plan to overhaul my car a little. Theres a list of things I need to get done to keep it road worthy.

Clutch is slipping, should I just get an OE replacement or a performance clutch? Also if performance, suggestions! I like my fast take offs, but I am on a tight budget.

Axels click.. alot. Well to be more precise the outter CV joints are clicking whenever I accelerate through turns. The right side CV boot is totally ripped. Right now Im running them as they are, I plan to replace both half axels with remanufactured ones.

Slow oil leak from somewhere near the left side of the oil pan. I think its the Oil pan gasket. Its very slow leak only like 1 quart every 1000 miles.

I plan to one day put the car up on jackstands, the front of the car. strip the engine bay clean. All the front wheel/suspension/ brake components, axels, transmission, engine, EVERYTHING. I plan to perminatly remove my A/C. Then clean, resurface, and paint the engine bay and all the components of the car from the firewall forward. I need to do the body work and the rust patches which means Ill have to strip the interior. SOO I might as well paint the interior along with the rest of the car while I have it stripped right?

I plan to peice it back together including the new components, the axels and the clutch. I also would like to replace the vaccume hoses and clean up the electrical. I have two questions...

What else should I do to my engine/transmission/engine bay while I have it all out? Any kind of seals or bushing I should replace?

Is it safe to block the rear wheels with the e-brake on while I do all the work on the front of the car?

#310106 :::rpr's Hottest 1st Gens!:::

Posted by warder on 29 November 2006 - 08:15 PM in Appearance

QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Nov 16 2006, 03:17 AM)

MUST PASS THEM ALL! ph34r.gif

#309755 Morons On Dseries

Posted by warder on 28 November 2006 - 07:36 AM in General Posts

I jumped my moms oldsmobile... Thats not why the fenders messed up though!

#309126 Hasport?

Posted by warder on 25 November 2006 - 06:44 PM in Swaps

As the descrition reads... Has Hasport ever sponsored any builds? As in helped with a build or free/discounted mounts/axels/wiring parts in turn for having giant HASPORT stickers all over the car? Just curious.

Also what all would I need to swap a b16a1 into a si hatch? I read the write up on B and D swaps but it seemed kind of confusing because its for both. Plus not having paragraphs is always fun... Im trying to get a better picture of how much time/money I would need to get my car the way I want it. If its worth keeping or selling. I know if I would do an engine swap I would want to strip the car completely and fix the rust and paint, and do it right.

#308847 Cars On The Road... But...

Posted by warder on 23 November 2006 - 09:41 PM in 3G Civic

Cool. Got that fixed! Thanks DEIVIONCRX for the guide. I still havent gotten that picture off my friends phone. Just take my word for it.

Now that thats fixed Ive got to get a new set of half axels to fix the clicking CV joint. It clicks when I turn left. Is this dangerous?

Also my clutch is slipping around 3k in 4th... which upgraded clutch do you guys think is the best?

#308846 New Cd Deck.

Posted by warder on 23 November 2006 - 09:34 PM in 3G Civic

I just got a super cheap one from my friend. He wreaked his moms car and salvaged it. Sense Im giving him rides to school he offered to give it to me. Its only a temp. Still havent had time to put it in.

#308669 New Cd Deck.

Posted by warder on 22 November 2006 - 08:57 PM in 3G Civic

Ok so I just got the 20 year old tape deck out of my car. Im about to put a new cd deck in. Ive got the antenna plug, the bracket... and then two mystery gray wires... They come from the left of the car. What are these for? Also will I need any kind of adapter for the bracket?

#307913 Cars On The Road... But...

Posted by warder on 19 November 2006 - 02:39 PM in 3G Civic

Ill get the picture as soon as possible its quite amazing. I just used some epoxy mix tube stuff from walmart that works on glass and metal. It seems to be working mighty fine. I cant really prove it, but my friend was right with us with his Audi A4 and he said we were definitally going atleast 125.

By the way Im 17.

#307601 Cars On The Road... But...

Posted by warder on 18 November 2006 - 12:42 AM in 3G Civic

Well tonight I decided it would be a good time to celebrate having my car by going to this stretch of deserted road we like to call the "dead zone" here in nowhere, VA. I wanted to see how far I could push a stock 1986 Civic SI with 200,000 miles on it. Took off with my friend in the car, got going...

faster...

faster...

faster.....

whoa... just passed 115 didnt you guys say it wouldnt push faster than that?

faster... 120...

faster...? We got going atleast 125mph! It was awesome. We got a picture of my speedometer to prove it.

I ran out of road to try to go any faster, but my friend in an Audi A4 confirmed I hit 125 atleast.

Anyways... As we were decellerating, I started to feel a slight draft on my forehead, then it started getting louder and louder. It turns out my sunroof glass is coming undone from the metal its on! My question is... what can I use to reseal this?

#307406 0-60?

Posted by warder on 17 November 2006 - 07:29 AM in 3G Civic

Yeah, the other night I went out with a friend to a fairly open, flat road. Timed it with his watch, got right under 9 seconds. My friend is fairly large too, like 200ish lbs, I could tell the difference with him in the car. And this is with old dry rotted nasty tires. I think they just generalized.

#304814 0-60?

Posted by warder on 05 November 2006 - 03:44 PM in 3G Civic

Cool, thanks.

#304608 0-60?

Posted by warder on 04 November 2006 - 09:47 AM in 3G Civic

Does anyone know what it is or where I can find information on the 0-60 times of the 1986 SI 3rd gen hatch? huh.gif

#303435 The Black Pepper

Posted by warder on 29 October 2006 - 09:17 PM in Projects

Yeah, I felt so bad when it happened. Like I got out of the car screaming obseneties(sp) and running around jumping and screaming. As I was headed twards the bank and as soon as the traction control kicked in I started saying "shit" louder and louder until I hit, by the point the car stopped moving I was screaming it. I hit the bank going about 20-30, the way I hit it the wheel took most of the impact I think. If I would have been turned anymore I would have rolled it, and if I would have it it more striaght on the airbags would have gone off and the whole front would have been messed up.